Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona

Apoplexy posted:

Jesus. Just buying/carrying? Or were you selling, too?

selling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

i was definitely selling, i sold a couple ounces to a guy who sold to an undercover dea agent and he ratted me out

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Yeah, that'd be how it works. I dunno how you can DO heroin and also SELL it, though. Wouldn't you just be biologically-inclined to just use your whole supply instead of selling any of it?

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

Apoplexy posted:

Yeah, that'd be how it works. I dunno how you can DO heroin and also SELL it, though. Wouldn't you just be biologically-inclined to just use your whole supply instead of selling any of it?

i was basically middleman-ing a deal and i was supposed to get a couple hundred bucks worth of free dope from it. i wasnt actually a fulltime dealer i just had a really high up connect that was able to push that amount of weight and he liked the fact that i knew white kids from the suburbs so he used me to expand his market. here's my ask/tell thread if you're interested:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3693917

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

he snitched and got less time than i did despite being a gang member and having multiple convictions under his belt lol

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
It's good that you mentioned being white. I was imagining that's how you got 3 years instead of 40 without the possibility of early release.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

yeah i was white and in my early 20s with a clean record. my sentencing guidelines called for a sentence of 3-4.5 years and they gave me the low end of that

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Reading your thread now, by the way. God drat is that a lovely rap for doing nothing that should be illegal.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

yeah it was but so it goes. i'm just grateful to more or less be out of the system

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
The best thing I can do is give you my sympathies and well-wishes. Hope you do well until you're off probation/monitoring! And after that, even, just make drat sure you don't jeopardize your freedom at any point is all.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

thank you, i appreciate it. i'm doing very well actually, just finishing up my second college degree and have a pretty decent job in a field i like. i'm in a far better place now than i was pre-incarceration

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Dont listen to these idiot squares

Do all the drugs, then sell drugs so you can buy more drugs

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

Zzulu posted:

Dont listen to these idiot squares

Do all the drugs, then sell drugs so you can buy more drugs

:agreed:

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Zorodius posted:

ever like a song so much you'd suck a dick to hear it?

Why isn't this a line in a hit song?

So sing songy

Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

Reality becomes illusory and observer-oriented when you study general relativity. Or Buddhism. Or get drafted.

Vomited out my nose tonight. Thanks opiates.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Hyperlynx posted:

Everything you could possibly want to know and more: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2621435

PERMABAN Dead

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
The gently caress? I remember waar. I'm not exactly sure from what, but I knew of him. That sucks to hear about dead Goons no matter the circumstance.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Its actually good

RIP

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

what happened to waar? i remember him well. i'm going out on a limb and guessing his death was opiate related. that fuckin sucks

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Hyperlynx posted:

Everything you could possibly want to know and more: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2621435
If you have heart problems you probably shouldn't do it but I wouldn't say "it will most likely kill you". I can't imagine doing crack without heroin nearby.

Zidrooner
Jul 20, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Opiates are pretty boring really. You are enveloped in a fuzzy goodness and time just flies the gently caress by and then you're back to normal feeling like you have accomplished nothing. Now crack cocaine on the other hand is the best possible feeling (followed by the worst possible feeling when you crash)

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
Downers are stupid. I can do yard work or just sit on my rear end long enough and get tired and loopy for free.

Do meth and get poo poo done.

Zidrooner posted:

Now crack cocaine on the other hand is the best possible feeling (followed by the worst possible feeling when you crash)

You know what fixes that? More crack.

Lord Frankenstyle fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Jul 12, 2016

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I found regular ol coke up the nose was a solid solid compromise just imho and all

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

hemophilia posted:

I found regular ol coke up the nose was a solid solid compromise just imho and all

no it sucks actually and downers are good and cool

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR

utterlycorrupt posted:

It's really great until the first time you get truly sick. You'll find yourself doing some, uh, interesting things then.

Like selling musical instruments or punching in car windows but yeah it sure is fun for a while

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Krokodil.jpg

haris pilton
Sep 4, 2014
Russia's drugs are something else, right?

tsc
Jun 18, 2004
hostis humani generis
I work at a methadone clinic

Heroin's great for a while, then you end up with me and I get to talk to you about your HepC, HIV, various skin infections/ulcers and how many of your friends who use are dead

it really stinks up my office

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

tsc posted:

I work at a methadone clinic

Heroin's great for a while, then you end up with me and I get to talk to you about your HepC, HIV, various skin infections/ulcers and how many of your friends who use are dead

it really stinks up my office

Well that's a hosed up attitude. You should be thanking me for keeping you employed.

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Doppelganger posted:

EMT here, I've had plenty of patients who didn't go apeshit after we gave them narcan. Most of the time they're kinda scared because they've woken up in the back of an ambulance, and deny having taken anything.

You can make the withdrawal symptoms worse if you give too much too fast. Once we had a heroin addict specifically ask not to be given narcan. My partner told him he'd let him ride his high until they got to the hospital as long as he agreed to stay awake. The guy kept dozing off, so my partner would say "Narcan!", which caused the patient to jolt awake. This happened more than once before we got there. The ER staff gave him a full dose of narcan really quickly, and a minute later he was puking his guts out.

What happens if they fall asleep? Do they die?

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Dave_Indeed posted:

What happens if they fall asleep? Do they die?

Sometimes.. Depends on how much heroin they did. Although typically if somebody is coherent enough to be scared of getting narcan they're probably not going to die

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Frankenstyle posted:

Well that's a hosed up attitude. You should be thanking me for keeping you employed.

I've been on methadone maintenance for decades, and I can tell you everything he said is true.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I was doing kratom tinctures from the internet, and sometimes vicodin, and i noticed my use had increased way the gently caress a lot more than it had recently been, and so I was like, maybe after this I don't get anymore, and I had my first withdrawals! And I had a long debate with myself, as i'm making GBS threads myself to death and thinking about suicide, about whether it's better to endure this a bunch of times to keep my expenses and tolerance low, or to escalate it so i never feel this again, or somehow walking away completely.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

i realized 2 would just end with me dead in about a year so i pretty much resolved to go into withdrawal frequently.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
Good.

Fart Puzzle
Jul 25, 2007

compressed fart pieces

bonus surgery drugz story!

My lung spontaneously collapsed a second time so the docs decided they were gonna glue my lung to my chest wall. I spent a weekend at home with a drain poking out of the side of me in bed loaded to the gills on edibles and percocet which was pretty fun all things considered. The day of the surgery they hooked me up to some IV benzo before they wheeled me into the operating room so I was a bit loopy to begin with and once there they added who knows what to my IV and put a gas mask thingy on my face. I doubt there was any flavoring added to the gas and I was near passing out anyway so my senses were not to be trusted but the gas totally tasted like a blue raspberry jolly rancher which I joyfully let everyone in the room know and started giggling like a crazy man. The last thing I remember before slipping into unconsciousness was laughing along with the whole operating room staff about how drat goofy I was, I honestly could have died on the table and not minded because drat that poo poo was hilarious and I could think of no better way to go out than cackling like a madman on my way to hell.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Fart Puzzle posted:

bonus surgery drugz story!

My lung spontaneously collapsed a second time so the docs decided they were gonna glue my lung to my chest wall. I spent a weekend at home with a drain poking out of the side of me in bed loaded to the gills on edibles and percocet which was pretty fun all things considered. The day of the surgery they hooked me up to some IV benzo before they wheeled me into the operating room so I was a bit loopy to begin with and once there they added who knows what to my IV and put a gas mask thingy on my face. I doubt there was any flavoring added to the gas and I was near passing out anyway so my senses were not to be trusted but the gas totally tasted like a blue raspberry jolly rancher which I joyfully let everyone in the room know and started giggling like a crazy man. The last thing I remember before slipping into unconsciousness was laughing along with the whole operating room staff about how drat goofy I was, I honestly could have died on the table and not minded because drat that poo poo was hilarious and I could think of no better way to go out than cackling like a madman on my way to hell.

are you really skinny? I've heard that random lung collapses is a health risk for very skinny people

Fart Puzzle
Jul 25, 2007

compressed fart pieces

AugmentedVision posted:

are you really skinny? I've heard that random lung collapses is a health risk for very skinny people

yuuuup, always have been scrawny as gently caress, apparently it is pretty common. the first time it happened I just thought I pulled a muscle or something so I took a few days off work playing videogames and smoking cigarettes and weed hahaha. I quit after I found out my lung collapsed though.

e: not the weed tho :getin:

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
Yeah the guy I knew it happened to was a heavy smoker, but according to him the docs specifically told him it's a thing unrelated to smoking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VvfluJXxTg

here's a song i wish i was getting high to right now
like right as that high pitch hit its peak, then that dropper hits its

oh well i don't do drugs stay safe gbs

• Locked thread