Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

i say swears online posted:

war thunder is the aviation connoisseur's game of choice

umm, no, it's DCS, IL-2, or Falcon BMS.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Stringent posted:

umm, no, it's DCS, IL-2, or Falcon BMS.

You’re going to get banned again if you go this hard right out of the gate! Cmon man this is your party, have a drink, some food, dance with the ladies.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
never met a hill i couldn't die on

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Ultra Carp

selec posted:

You’re going to get banned again if you go this hard right out of the gate! Cmon man this is your party, have a drink, some food, dance with the ladies.

lol

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Rod Dreher is Ralph

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
so libs are now the pro-fascist party that is defending genocide and xenophobia.

and the daily wire is now saying that “christ is king” is an exclusionary term and we need to use more neutral terms, the babylon bee (conservative onion) posted an article that equated the confederate flag with the nazi flag and said white supremacists are inbred

what the gently caress is going on? are we going back to dixiecrats and lincoln republicans? is the lib’s bloodthirst for a arab holocaust mentally breaking the right?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
probably just a disingenuous attempt to outflank the moronic dems from the left. it's just words.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Automata 10 Pack posted:

so libs are now the pro-fascist party that is defending genocide and xenophobia.

and the daily wire is now saying that “christ is king” is an exclusionary term and we need to use more neutral terms, the babylon bee (conservative onion) posted an article that equated the confederate flag with the nazi flag and said white supremacists are inbred

what the gently caress is going on? are we going back to dixiecrats and lincoln republicans? is the lib’s bloodthirst for a arab holocaust mentally breaking the right?

The guys who run the Bee are insanely stupid and likely didn't realize how badly that'd piss off the fans. A lot of conservatives either want to pretend they aren't what they are or are too stupid to get what the program is. Rufo was mocking the meltdowns over the Bee's story when his entire project is loving over Black people by making up poo poo.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Automata 10 Pack posted:

I can't speak for the Daily Wire thing, but the Babylon Bee wankers are 200% big-city, educated types that choose to believe that they, and by extension the movement, is all about hanging out with cool billionaires like Elon Musk and taking back universities for the entrepreneurs with Bari Weiss.

To them, the southern hick/chud is either an urban legend invented by the libs, or a vanishing remnant of another age of lame conservatism.

2000's era conservative windbags like Ross Douthat/Rod Dreher felt bad that they were not fit for the small-town, blue-collar Real American brand of conservatism. They like the cafes, rich-folk socials and college lectures too much. But they still felt obligated to hype up the SUV-driving, tobacco-chewing flyovers as the purest of patriots, all the time.

The more online chuds don't particularly feel that pull. They may be glad when some bearded potato makes a country song about welfare queens or small town lynching evildoers, but if they had their way the movement would be entirely lanyard-wearing gamer nerds sucking off politician billionaires/influencers.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Babylon Bee started as a very inside-baseball satire site specifically for evangelicals, so idk if they're necessarily big city types. They just found that hitting the gender button over and over again made them a lot of money.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Henchman of Santa posted:

Babylon Bee started as a very inside-baseball satire site specifically for evangelicals, so idk if they're necessarily big city types. They just found that hitting the gender button over and over again made them a lot of money.

tbh white educated urbanites who are not libs are almost exclusively hip evangelicals who go to a church with a helvetica sign called "Assembly" or something

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Famethrowa posted:

tbh white educated urbanites who are not libs are almost exclusively hip evangelicals who go to a church with a helvetica sign called "Assembly" or something

I mean, I’m a white educated urbanite and most people I know are raging pinkos, but your description does fit my old roommate from whom I learned about the Bee pretty well. He was a huge comedy nerd and loved music like Swans and Eisturzende Neubauten but hated abortion and is one of the only people I know who’s still posting pro-Israel poo poo.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

lol founder of Babylon Bee, Seth Dillon attended the Ivy League university known as Palm Beach Atlantic University.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Automata 10 Pack posted:

Now?

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

I mean, I’m a white educated urbanite and most people I know are raging pinkos, but your description does fit my old roommate from whom I learned about the Bee pretty well. He was a huge comedy nerd and loved music like Swans and Eisturzende Neubauten but hated abortion and is one of the only people I know who’s still posting pro-Israel poo poo.
I guess I just called urban lefties libs but I dont take it back :evilbuddy:

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

It's not that they slowly discovered that market, the founder sold the site and it immediately made the right turn. The original version had articles where the joke was that conservative christians are sometimes hypocrites.

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

lol founder of Babylon Bee, Seth Dillon attended the Ivy League university known as Palm Beach Atlantic University.

He wasn't the founder, he's the guy who bought it in the above story.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Oh I never knew they had an ownership change.

Forums Medic
Oct 2, 2010

i be out there in orbit
Does anyone know which ep has Brendan James do a cold open imitating the hosts. It was back when Virgil and Amber were regular cohosts
nvm its "Sebastian Goku"

Forums Medic fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Mar 28, 2024

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I don’t think they will ever top that cold open

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

The one where Brendan thinks all the audio issues have been fixed but things get worse immediately comes close.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhdKvyoKCaI

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

You'd think Virgil would want there to be more children, not fewer.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Other greats are Matt oafing into Virgil's sealed chamber and ruining it, Matt finally having good audio but everyone else doesn't, Mexican caravan morning zoo and Felix as Rand Paul fighting his neighbour.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Don't forget the first episode after the 2016 election. Felix doing his Hilary impression was very good.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
virgil's "i was right" diatribe at the beginning of the poop touching episode

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Don't forget the first episode after the 2016 election. Felix doing his Hilary impression was very good.
I think this was either my first episode or the one that resonated the most when I started listening, which I suppose it would be for a lot of people.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Never underestimate a D.Va main.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

That hits different now lol

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
The shark tank is back baby

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xZvIyUe7IY

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

snoremac posted:

Other greats are Matt oafing into Virgil's sealed chamber and ruining it, Matt finally having good audio but everyone else doesn't, Mexican caravan morning zoo and Felix as Rand Paul fighting his neighbour.

My favourite is the ominous reading of Ozymandias by Will followed by Matt reading the PR text for Ozzyfest with the upbeat infomercial muzak.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Always thought the best was Matt's cold open for the RNC as the Gathering of the Juggalos.

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

Tirade posted:

My favourite is the ominous reading of Ozymandias by Will followed by Matt reading the PR text for Ozzyfest with the upbeat infomercial muzak.

Some PR guy reading Ozymandias and thinking that the lesson is "Think big!" is still both hilarious and bone-chilling

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Gorka 2 was apparently a opener, all timer

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

The Chad Jihad posted:

Gorka 2 was apparently a opener, all timer

GOOOOORKAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

was just thinking about the dragon of budapest this morning

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

i say swears online posted:

was just thinking about the dragon of budapest this morning

This morning and every morning. Gorka.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

James Adomian go back on Chapo.

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
Someone sending me the clip of the first Gorka appearance was what got me actually interested in listening to Chapo. Adomian is insanely funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Ugh not Poppy again these episodes suck