Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Since they're not doing USB or add-ons or what have you, the obvious route is sequel mini-consoles.

Make a Mini-NES 2 and make it look like this:

Use this one for notable games missing from the first Mini-NES. Stuff like Mega Man 3, Blades of Glory, Castlevania III, Blaster Master, Life Force, Contra, maybe try and get licensed titles if possible (TMNT, Ducktales, Rescue Rangers?).

Then make a Mini-NES 3 and make it look like this:

Focus on stuff popular in Japan. River City Ransom, Dragon Warrior, Golf, Adventure Island. Toss Earthbound Origins here.

Nintendo would make a killing before they'd even have to touch a Mini-SNES.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Yes they should pay me money, I agree.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

So after an SNES Classic, where do they go next Holiday? N64 is the obvious step, but maybe they go for a Game Boy Classic instead? I think the latter would be a better idea, rather than reminding people about how lovely the N64 controller was. What would the games be for those systems (keeping licensing in mind)? Let's say 21 is the new hotness.

Nintendo 64 Classic
1. Super Mario 64
2. The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time
3. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
4. Super Smash Bros.
5. Mario Kart 64
6. Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
7. Yoshi's Story
8. Donkey Kong 64
9. Starfox 64
10. Pokemon Snap
11. Mario Party
12. Mario Tennis
13. Mario Golf
14. Paper Mario
15. Pokemon Puzzle League
16. Pilotwings 64
17. Waverace 64
18. Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon
19. Bomberman 64
20. Rayman 2: The Great Escape
21. F-Zero X (with bonus 64DD expansion stuff)

The problem with the N64 being that third party goodness outside of Rare was hard to find. Rare is out, Capcom only made three games on the N64 and they were bad ports, and outside of Goemon Konami's output was garbage (see: Castlevania), and Square had jumped ship entirely. Rayman would be easy because of Nintendo's relationship with Ubisoft. Cruis'n wouldn't be a tough get and probably same with Bomberman. If they're going to keep up with the unreleased stuff to further entice buyers like with Starfox 2, adding F-Zero X's track editor wouldn't be a bad idea. I guess they might also have Ura Zelda lying somewhere since Master Quest exists.

Game Boy Color Classic
1. Super Mario Land
2. Super Mario Land 2: Six Golden Coins
3. Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3
4. Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow
5. Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal
6. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX
7. The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages
8. The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons
9. Pokemon Pinball
10. Donkey Kong 94
11. Pokemon Puzzle Challenge
12. Mario Tennis
13. Mario's Picross
14. Mario Golf
15. Metroid 2: Return of Samus
16. Kirby's Dreamland 2
17. Final Fantasy Legend 3
18. Castlevania II: Belmont's Revenge
19. Metal Gear Solid: Ghost Babel
20. Mega Man Xtreme 2
21. Resident Evil GBC

I think if they were going to do a Game Boy Classic it might as well include Game Boy Color. This is one that would benefit from having more than 21 games, but since I committed to that number I'll stick to it. Pretty much all of those first party games are must-haves and the GB has the advantage of being the home of Pokemon. Tetris has major rights issues sadly, because Tetris DX is probably a must but also can't be done. Trying to get Square, Capcom, and Konami represented was easy, but they have other games that could be included, too.

I've thought too long about this. :(

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Guy Goodbody posted:

would they make link cables so you can trade Pokemon?

Just use USB.

and allow you to connect it to the N64 Classic for Stadium!!!!!

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Yeah, you don't want to play Goldeneye in 2017. It'll just make you sad.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Signor posted:

It would be criminal to release an N64 and not have at least one of those wrestling games like No Mercy. They're still talked about today as the most fun a wrestling video game as every been

Another impossible license more than likely. Not only is WWE with 2K now, THQ doesn't even exist anymore. Plus you have people in the game that are not under contract with WWE (and no way they're putting out a game with WCW in the title).

Kinda that same problem with sports titles.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

TheScott2K posted:

What are the must play N64 first party titles Nintendo could put on an N64 Classic? Super Mario 64, WaveRace 64, StarFox 64, and...

UM I already made the list for the N64 Classic it's official and I work at Nintendo

Little Mac posted:

So after an SNES Classic, where do they go next Holiday? N64 is the obvious step, but maybe they go for a Game Boy Classic instead? I think the latter would be a better idea, rather than reminding people about how lovely the N64 controller was. What would the games be for those systems (keeping licensing in mind)? Let's say 21 is the new hotness.

Nintendo 64 Classic
1. Super Mario 64
2. The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time
3. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
4. Super Smash Bros.
5. Mario Kart 64
6. Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
7. Yoshi's Story
8. Donkey Kong 64
9. Starfox 64
10. Pokemon Snap
11. Mario Party
12. Mario Tennis
13. Mario Golf
14. Paper Mario
15. Pokemon Puzzle League
16. Pilotwings 64
17. Waverace 64
18. Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon
19. Bomberman 64
20. Rayman 2: The Great Escape
21. F-Zero X (with bonus 64DD expansion stuff)

The problem with the N64 being that third party goodness outside of Rare was hard to find. Rare is out, Capcom only made three games on the N64 and they were bad ports, and outside of Goemon Konami's output was garbage (see: Castlevania), and Square had jumped ship entirely. Rayman would be easy because of Nintendo's relationship with Ubisoft. Cruis'n wouldn't be a tough get and probably same with Bomberman. If they're going to keep up with the unreleased stuff to further entice buyers like with Starfox 2, adding F-Zero X's track editor wouldn't be a bad idea. I guess they might also have Ura Zelda lying somewhere since Master Quest exists.

Game Boy Color Classic
1. Super Mario Land
2. Super Mario Land 2: Six Golden Coins
3. Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3
4. Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow
5. Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal
6. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX
7. The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages
8. The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons
9. Pokemon Pinball
10. Donkey Kong 94
11. Pokemon Puzzle Challenge
12. Mario Tennis
13. Mario's Picross
14. Mario Golf
15. Metroid 2: Return of Samus
16. Kirby's Dreamland 2
17. Final Fantasy Legend 3
18. Castlevania II: Belmont's Revenge
19. Metal Gear Solid: Ghost Babel
20. Mega Man Xtreme 2
21. Resident Evil GBC

I think if they were going to do a Game Boy Classic it might as well include Game Boy Color. This is one that would benefit from having more than 21 games, but since I committed to that number I'll stick to it. Pretty much all of those first party games are must-haves and the GB has the advantage of being the home of Pokemon. Tetris has major rights issues sadly, because Tetris DX is probably a must but also can't be done. Trying to get Square, Capcom, and Konami represented was easy, but they have other games that could be included, too.

I've thought too long about this. :(

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

TheScott2K posted:

Oh my bad sorry about that (please make another Pikmin)

we did its a sidescroller hahahahahaha

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Ballz posted:

If you're the patient type, Ikari is still working and updating the sd2snes, so it is very possible these games will be playable on it at some point down the road, and all you'd need is to update your bios.

In the meantime you can use it to play Chrono Trigger with MSU audio. :c00l:

I did an lp on YouTube of Chrono trigger with msu-1 music. Can confirm it rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Captain Invictus posted:

Related to earlier discussion about Lufia 2, an aspiring musician on youtube/patreon took a request of mine and did a really great cover of The Last Duel from Lufia 2, definitely worth a listen. He adds a nice little calm touch to it in the middle before kicking it back into overdrive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Gf-EtxgrXM&hd=1

Hell yes.

Lufia 2 is great, though I am a weirdo. Even though I know it's not as good of a game, I like Lufia 1 better. Probably just have more nostalgia for it, but yeah. I wish Estopolis would come back. This is a hella good jam.