Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Jacques Renault

HP: 7/7 | AC: 12 | Spell Slots: 1st - 2/2

As I listened to Glory speak, I slowly moved around until I found a spot where I could catch a better glimpse of the two flying creatures; regardless of what decision we made, knowing exactly what adversaries we were up against would be useful information regardless.

"True, I had not thought of what the old man had mentioned about the village still accepting refugees. I am not certain entirely how they will take to you and I, but if everyone thinks it worth a try then I am willing."

IDing the Small Flying Creature (Arcana): 1d20+5 17
IDing the Large Flying Creature (Nature): 1d20+3 16

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.

A Darker Porpoise posted:

Glory
HP: 12/12 AC: 11
Campaign Cheat Sheet

"It would be best, I think, to at least make an honest attempt to enter the city. The old man seemed to be under the impression that he had a place here still, so I imagine they are not immediately turning away refugees or those willing to help in the defense of these walls." Glory stares up at the many guard towers bristling with occupants "I imagine we have to have been spotted by someone at this point and a handful of people suddenly appearing in town that no-one recognizes would likely draw a great deal of suspicion."

Sylmae Haell
HP: 8/8 | AC: 12 | Lv 1 Spells: 1/2

"I agree with Glory. Sneaking into the town would just make the villagers frightened - moreso than they probably already are. I'd rather not incur the wrath of an entire village."

She gathers up the hem of her dress and proceeds towards the gates to call out to whoever will listen. "Hello? Can anyone help us? We mean you no harm!"

Which was possibly a lie, given their track record, Sylmae thought. But a white lie never hurt anyone, right?

Melchiresa fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Jul 22, 2016

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
As Jacques peers at the distant flying creatures, he realizes he has seen them before. The larger of the two is a griffon, that much he can recall from study. Study...many long hours spent at an academy. An academy of wizards, the place where you trained. Then it came time to use that training. You remember accepting an assignment to a grand city called Altaris, where you were to aid the ambassador and provide your expertise in magic to the local Magisters, the rulers of that city. You were proud to represent Sorga, your home.

Before you left, your family provided you with other tasks...and other training. Family always came first to you. That training came into use your first week in Altaris, as you hid in the shadows and peered into the window of a local hedge mage. The warlock worked a simple ceremony and summoned the same creature that now flies above the village: an imp, a small demon from the hells.

You hear your own voice in the memory: "What an amateur..."

You were a Criminal (Spy). Add those features to your skills and traits.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Jacques Renault

"If I am not mistaken, the large one with the rider is what is known as a griffin, beasts with the body of a lion and the wings of an eagle. As is apparent, they have been known to be tamable on occasion, though I am still surprised to see one here. As for the other one, I believe it is..."

A memory, one that came suddenly as I honed in on the small creature. I blink once, twice, as the fragment begins to get processed and analyzed, and with it came a overflowing flood of thoughts. I had a home, a family, somewhere out there. Of course, I had to have had one, yet knowing for certain left me with a sense of relief. Not the ambassador then, but the servant of. There was an academy, a city, a task I was given. Did that have something to do with how and why I ended up here? Possible. Probable? No, no, focus. Facts now, speculation later. If the conversation with the village turned south, I needed to be able to focus.

"...I believe it is an imp, a lesser demon of the hells. Common familiar for those who make contracts with dark powers; we should be cautious if we make it into the village. And," my voice dropped to a whisper as we approached the gate, "I have recalled a piece of my memory: I came from somewhere named Sorga, but travelled to a grand city called Altaris on the behalf of my family, to aid some ambassador there as well as to assist the rulers of the city with my magic. I do not think the information is of any use to us as of now...but being able to remember my history is comforting."

There was more, yet something within warned me in revealing too much; although those that I traveled with had given me no cause for distrust, it didn't hurt to be cautious.

quote:

No skill choices for me, but I do pick up Deception, Stealth, Thieves' Tools and Playing Card Set proficiency.

TheFireMagi fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Jul 22, 2016

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
I am shifting the timeline a bit here: Jacques remembers and says his piece first, then Sylmae calls to the guards.

As Jacques mentions his time aiding an ambassador in a city named Altaris, Sylmae has memories of her own triggered...

An ambassador! The official representative of Ishullia in Altaris! This was huge. Almost as huge as, well, everything else you have managed to pull off. Being adopted by a Sea King certainly didn't hurt your reputation, and all it took was a few kind words and a fake persona that hinted at appropriately-noble birth.

Hell, the whole ruse worked out so well for you, that at times it's hard to even remember your original name.

You are a Charlatan. Your fake identify is Sylmae Haell, who managed to win a great deal of political prestige, so you stuck with it. When your memory returned, Sylmae was the first thing to come to mind. And it's not even you. Add the background to your character!

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
Sylmae yells out, "Hello? Can anyone help us? We mean you no harm!"

Immediately a stern voice calls out from the walls: "Halt! Who are you, how many, and from where do you hail?"

You get the uncomfortable feeling of dozens of crossbows pointing in your direction.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Jacques Renault

drat, I thought, I hadn't expected the question of our origins to come up. Perhaps I should have, with how wary they all seemed. Something to reflect on later. In this sort of situation, taking too long to answer would arouse suspicion. Yet, where could we say we were from safely? Nowhere for certain, but Visiria was not an option. Rushing forward with having deliberated less than I would have liked, I motion Sylmae aside.

"Pardon me, Your Highness. Excuse me! You may call me Jacques Renault, hailing from Sorga, and including my own person there are five of us here! If possible, we would seek shelter within your walls!"

TheFireMagi fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Jul 23, 2016

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
The voice calls down from the wall again: "Your Highness? Are you making fun of me?"

You hear a chuckling from someone up on the wall. It's hard to tell who at this angle.

"Ain't been a Highness since the line of kings was broken! And there's no shelter here. If you can fight, you can stay. Otherwise you best just pass through and head to Altaris, or Sorga, or wherever. Visiria is coming..."

One of the figures leans over and whispers in the other's ear.

"Oh, right. You there, Renault, you have none of the dead with you, right? You may be Sorgan, but here we still follow the last of the Eternal Laws."

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Jacques Renault

"I assure you, all of us here are alive and well. One glance would be enough to discern that."

Odd. There was something about the way the voice had phrased the question; if he meant corpses, then wouldn't he have said "no dead" rather than "none of the dead"? Furthermore, what did it matter that I came from Sorga in that regard? Curious, and I could practically feel the knots in my memory continue to unravel. The spectral figure that I saw before... no, we had greater concerns as of now. I look back at the rest of our group, lowering my voice.

"Thoughts, everyone? We could use an opportunity to supply ourselves properly, and if our attackers are still pursuing us, then fighting them under fortification alongside this many armed individuals may be in our best interests."

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Glory
Campaign Cheat Sheet

Glory quirks an eye as Jacques mentions the groups "attackers", thus far no hostile action had been made toward them and the only surviving wolf, of those that had lain Miradis low, seemingly stopped to wait for death rather than flee or to posture with hostile intentions toward the group, but these was a matter for a private conversation to be held later.

Glory shakes his head of thoughts and speaks in hushed tones "I've no particular love for those pursuing us as of yet. If we're to take a stand a well defended fortress such as this is as good a place as any." There is a pause as Glory considers the events of the past day "Miradis seemed to believe we would find shelter here, so I am inclined to believe we may find aid in the form of the Sun worshipers, pledging our support to this village to gain entrance will allow us to hopefully arm ourselves in a much better fashion and to seek out further information."

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?
I huddle up and whisper, "Let's just pass through. Knowing how to fight's nothing without knowing when. Seeing how bad it looked back there, knowing there's a plague, and not knowing barely anything else, we gotta get as far away from this as we can."
/10HP /16 AC 2/2 1st

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.

Sylmae Haell
HP: 8/8 | AC: 12 | Lv 1 Spells: 1/2

Jacque's words brought back a shock of memories. Absolutely none were any that she wished to vocalize to her companions. If they were find out that everything was a lie, she was certain she'd be doomed. Clearly she'd been able to lie and cover her tracks in the past, and she saw no reason to stop now.

Since Jacque appeared to be leading the charge on cozying up to the guards, she joins the group to discuss their plans. Somehow, gaining back some shard of memory made her feel more confident. "Miradis told us to come here for a reason - perhaps if we are allowed entry to pass through, we can mention her name to whomever is in charge. Maybe we can find out why we were supposed to come here."

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Jacques Renault

After some time of discussing, I could practically feel the veins on my forehead beginning to bulge. There were simply too many factors to consider to make an entirely wise and safe decision. I step away from the group, returning back to the gate and call up to the guardsmen.

"Very well! If shelter is not possible, then might we be allowed to come in and resupply ourselves before being on our way? We have...some gold to barter with, among a few other odds and ends."

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
The heavy gates swing open with a groan. Inside is a bustle of military activity. Uniformly-armored soldiers are mixed in with mercenaries of every description. Every description save one, that is - no one here bears the natural style of weaponry that you have come to associate with Visiria.

The village itself is a rundown mess. Buildings that might once have been grand sit wearily on their foundations. No civilians are in sight.

One of the soldiers at the gate nods as you enter, and gives you a standard introduction while trying not to look too bored. "Welcome to the Last Village. If you're here to help, merc contracts are signed every noon. Limit is one month in-village, standard precaution for the Plague. Supplies can be purchased from the quartermaster, lodging is available at the old temple. Oh, and if you're just passing through, opposite gate's the one you want."

The gates shut behind you.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Glory
Campaign Cheat Sheet

With all of Glory's memories being of the dragonborn in Visiria he is quite pleased to see that this place apparently does not have a shoot on sight opinion of his race. When the party actually steps into town he sucks a sharp breath through his teeth "Mm, well this is a delightful place. I'll have it noted that I am now firmly in the just passing through camp."

Glory heaves a sigh as a quick glance about proves that the party very much does not fit in "As much as I have faint hopes about discovering potential allies of our benefactors at the temple we really must do something about the state of our equipment. Even with the herd of mercenaries occupying this place I should imagine that many jobs are left undone that we could fulfill quickly enough to earn ourselves the coin for new gear." A brief moment of thought leads Glory to a conclusion "I would think that the temple being the location passers-through are being directed to may have a bulletin board of some sort or perhaps the tender of that place will have a list of work that needs doing, it would seem wasteful to sign on a group of combatants or hunters for a full month when you simply have need of 5 wolf pelts or some other triviality."

quote:

Glory is all for doing some minor SIDE QUESTING to earn that sweet sweet lucre, he's not going to last very long running around as an 11 AC great weapon fighter so gear acquisition is top priority for me.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Jacques Renault

"Some coin in our pocket and gear for anyone who needs it would go a long way. We should be wary of overstaying our welcome with the guards, however. If possible, I was also hoping to meet with whomever that imp's master was, if they are here in the village; in my stay at Altaris, I recall having a chance encounter with a warlock there, and meeting another may be a trigger for new memories to surface."

As the mist slowly faded from my thoughts, and some of my past had returned to me, it was only natural that I had wanted to discover even more. Besides, although I did not require weapons and armor like some of my compatriots, there was something that felt lacking about the hide that contained my written spells, both in quantity and...style.

"But that is a selfish thought, something we can look into another time. For now, shall we see if we can find any work suited for us?"

Investigating the Last Village for Jobs: 1d20+3 12

quote:

As it says, looking for them side quests/work so we can not have a total gold pool of 23. Kind of a shite roll though.

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007
I released my finger from the trigger, and then it was over...
Vilnius

"Let's fan out; we'll cover more ground that way. Say we meet back here before noon, just in case.."

P.d0t posted:

I assume there is some kind of clock tower to help facilitate us knowing what time it is and being able to plan things.

"If nothing really shakes out, we might wanna be back in time to sign up for merc duty; it could get us access to some gear, money at the very least."

"Who wants to tag along?"

P.d0t posted:

Let's use the buddy system!

I can slap Guidance onto someone's Investigation, and then I can do the Face routine for any social interaction that comes up.
RP-wise it makes more sense for Vilnius to want to team up with Sylmae, but if someone else needs a CHA character for their vignette, it makes sense to split the half-elves.

Up to you guys.

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
We are splitting the party! :golfclap:
Monstermen in one group, people on the other. First mini-story is for Sip, Vilnius and Sylmae.

As the group splits up to cover the village, Sip, Vilnius and Symlae head south down the main road. It's a muddied mess, with deep furrows carved into the road from wagons laden with weapons of war.

The majority of buildings you pass are either requisitioned to house soldiers and mercenaries, feed them, or entertain them. No typical commerce is happening unless it can directly be turned towards defense. After a few groups of such buildings, you pass something quite different.

An old manor house stands fenced off from the rest of town. It is elevated above the rest as well, perched on a small hill. A makeshift sign marks the manor's new function: Sanitarium.

There's a wildly-beared human climbing over the fence. Trying to get out - not in! If he makes the climb, he'll pass right by your group.

Up the hill, a half-elven woman in a white uniform looks about in distress, but obviously doesn't see the escapee.

Do you want to aid his escape, recapture him, or leave it be?

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Nah, I run up to the dirty guy with my rope, run it this way and that through the fence and tie both of his legs to the bars. "Gotcha!"
rope: 2d20k1+5 15
/10HP /16 AC 2/2 1st

slydingdoor fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Jul 25, 2016

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
Escapee opposed check: 1d20+2 19.

Sip tries to bind the man as he climbs, but trying to rope up a moving target proves too difficult. He is just too squirmy. He scrambles up and over the rest of the fence, drops to the ground on the other side, and scrambles to his feet.

"No! Your chains will not hold me!!"

Sip gets a weird vibe as she is near this man. A familiar vibe. He carries the Plague. You don't know how you know, but you are certain of it.

"Flee!!!"

He casts Command on Sip after moving. DC11 Wisdom save or run away on your turn. It's now a mini-combat, everyone is up.

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007
I released my finger from the trigger, and then it was over...
Vilnius

AC: 16 (two-handing) / 18 (sword + board) / 9 (unarmored)
HP: 10/10
Spell Slots: [1] 1/2
Reactions: [Wrath of the Storm] 3/3
Ammo: [Javelins] 1/1 [Magic Stones] 0/0

"Hey, rear end in a top hat -- hey, get back here!"

P.d0t posted:

Vilnius will scramble up the fence and then try and grapple the dude.

Athletics: 1d20+4 = 10 :downs:

P.d0t fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Jul 25, 2016

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

"And your dumb magic won't work on me!"

Don't have time to pull out my door-shield, and don't have the space to cast a spell, so I give him the stick.

save: 1d20+5 18
Quarterstaff versatile damage: 1d20+2 18 1d8 5
Not killing.
/10HP 13/16 AC 2/2 1st

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
Escapee grapple opposed check: 1d20+2 3.

Vilnius tackles the man as Sip bonks him on the skull.

"You will all be taken as slaves! No Altaran is fit to survive!!"

Meanwhile, the nurse from the sanitarium is running towards the scuffle.

"Please don't hurt him! He just can't remember!"

Sylmae is up.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

"He cast a spell on me! I'm trying to make him stop!"
/10HP 13/16 AC 2/2 1st

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.

Sylmae Haell
HP: 8/8 | AC: 12 | Lv 1 Spells: 2/2

Sylmae had been rather absentmindedly following her companions, still rolling her newfound memories around in her head. The sound of yelling and fighting snapped her back to reality. She has her staff at the ready to defend the group, but the nurse calling for mercy on the man changes her tactics.

She decides it may be best to not irritate the nurse, and uses [b]mold earth[b] to drop the bearded fellow approximately five feet into the earth. "Hopefully this woman can be of some assistance - surely she deals with this often enough, since she knows him."

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Glory
Campaign Cheat Sheet

Glory waves a quick goodbye as the other members of the party leave the "monster people" to their business.

As he walks side by side with Jacques down the avenues of this horrid town, he feels well affirmed in how emotionally balanced and sane this duo was. Surely nothing would go wrong this day with such rational and well meaning individuals perusing the streets.

quote:

Ritorix said we'd have been able to short rest at the murder farm on discord earlier, so recharging my dragon breath as an aside.

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Jul 25, 2016

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
Sylmae calls to the earth underneath the combatants. It responds, rapidly slipping away beneath their feet. Vilnius had no choice but to let go of his tackle as the other man descended, and now Vilnius stands above the newly-excavated pit.

The man scrambles out of the dirt hole (climbing is at 1/2 speed) and rushes Vilnius, scowling in anger. His fists glow with an angry purple light as he casts another spell.

Escapee casts Inflict Wounds on Vilnius: 1d20+3 4 3d10 22. A good thing that missed, or you would now be dead.

Vilnius manages to avoid the man, but it quickly becomes obvious that he is not messing around. He intends to kill you all now.

I'm going with the 'does no damage' interpretation for Mold Earth. So it still molds the earth, but anyone in the spot at that time isn't suddenly dropped/buried alive/etc.

:rolldice: Everyone is up.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

"AHH!" I don't want to get touched by the evil so I run for it and try to pitch a magic stone back at him.

magic stone: 1d20+5 13 1d6+3 9
/10HP 13/16 AC 2/2 1st

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
Glory and Jacques take a different path, one that leads past an old temple. The building's massive size and impressive stonework speak of a strong faith. A faith long gone.

Covered in carved graffiti, much of the outer facade has been defaced. Sun imagery has been torn down, desecrated and replaced with vulgar images and slogans, signs that whatever religion this once was is dead. There is no mention of a god, but "gently caress Visiria" seems to be a recurring theme.

Instead it has become a makeshift barracks for all manner of mercenaries and soldiers. The temple walls have been crudely painted over with signs pointing to various units and facilities.

Quartermaster ---->
<----- New Arrivals

Glory's presence seems to cause others to give the pair a wide berth. Jacques does get a few long stares from some of the troops, but it comes to nothing as of yet.

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
The crazy fellow tries to swipe at Sip with his dirty hands as she moves away.

Escapee OA vs Sip: 1d20+4 6.

He misses badly, allowing Sip time to plink him with another rock. This one connects in the same spot the quarterstaff did earlier, knocking him out cold.

Wobbling for a few moments, gravity soon takes over and pitches him into the hole dug by Sylmae. He's probably dead.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

"You said he just can't remember but he sure remembered that DEATH SPELL.

"I tried to be nice and help but it just ended up being him or me!" That nurse better be checking on the dirty evil man herself if she wants him to maybe live because I'm not getting close again. I also don't want her to be able to grab me or call the guards without giving me a head start either.
/10HP 13/16 AC 2/2 1st

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
The nurse seems more annoyed than alarmed.

"Ugh. That's the second one this week."

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Glory
Campaign Cheat Sheet

Glory's hand slides across the back of his neck as he lets out a sigh "Well it was worth coming by to see if our benefactors actually had a presence here I suppose." Shifting his weight from side to side Glory gives a moment to contemplating the desecrated imagery around the temple, his copycat prayer to an apparently dead or vacant God during Miradis' last few moments coming to mind.

Discarding the useless memory, Glory lets his eyes slide across the mass of graffiti and eventually finds the signs giving directions. Tugging at Jacques sleeve he draws attention to the signage with a jab of a finger "New arrivals is an apt enough description for us I should think, shall we head there first and see if we might procure a map of the town or find some tasks in need of doing?"

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Jacques Renault

"No arguments here. We haven't the gold yet to trade with a quartermaster anyhow, and our chance of acquiring it through...other means is slim, what with how many mercenaries are about."

I nod without turning in agreement with my scaled companion, instead peering out from the corners of my eyes at some of the various individuals who were watching me. Whether it was due to Glory's presence, or instructions not to cause trouble within the walls, none had approached as of yet. Yet. As we made our way towards the area for "New Arrivals," I murmured to Glory,

"And I would not be so certain about finding no aid from our mutual friend's religion. Shunned it may be, possibly even prosecuted, but faith is rarely so easily extinguished. We will simply have to put more effort into our search, that is all."

Admittedly, the odds were far from being in our favor, but it wasn't as if they weren't stacked against us from the beginning.

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
"Thanks for taking care of that one. He could have done some real damage if he stumbled across unprepared folks. They still bring them to me sometimes, but no one really cares if they recover, not unless they are rich or something."

She sighs heavily, and seems frustrated.

"I can't get any real help here, and big ones like this fellow can break out of their bonds. Trueborn he was. Even with his memory returning all his life was Visiria. Poor soulless fool had nothing to recall, no sense of right and wrong. The Plague was gone, finally, but nothing remained. The emptiness broke him. Some say we should just put them out of their misery. I've heard Sorgans do that to their own that get the Plague, just in case."

Looking down into the pit at the dead man, she says, "I don't have the knack for this, none of us do really, not since Mira left. She was one of them, and she could really look into their soul, help them return from the madness too. Oh well. Thanks again."

She starts to slowly walk back to the sanitarium. But her words stir something in Sip...

You watched Miradis help the Plagued, even experienced it yourself. With this crazy man, now you realize you can feel out who is Plagued. Whatever Miradis could do, it seems like you can do it, too.

You get a custom background:

Background: Trueborn Visiran

Sometimes called the souless or the lost, trueborn Visirians came into this world under the influence of the Plague. It provides them with a morality and purpose, but it is foreign. If cured, trueborn are adrift in the world, with no prior morality or history to rely on and no remaining ties to Visiria. They are childlike in many ways, and both their naivete and their undoubtedly violent life in Visiria can lead to persecution and condemnation from Altarans. Those who persevere can offer their unique insight into the Plague.

Skills: Animal Handling, Insight
Languages: Sylvan, or one of your choice if you already speak Sylvan.
Trait: Trueborn have an intimate understanding of the Visirian Plague. They know how it spreads, how it changes people, and how it can be undone. They can sense those under its influence and help them through the difficult recovery process.

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
New Arrivals

"What are you doing here, tiefling? Sorgans' gotta pay up to bunk here. 50 gold each."

A group of six armed thugs are collecting a toll, and you are invited to pay. They are covered in leather armor, grime and hatred. The clubs and swords they carry match their owners' dispositions, rusty and bloody as they are.

Before you can respond, the braziers lighting this room suddenly change from a normal orange flame to a sickening green. The thugs look around in suspicion.

"Uh, whoa, what do you think you're doing, Sorgan?"

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

I start sniffling, fall on my knees then butt then start to cry, "Miradis, why..." and clutching the the sun talisman she had worn. She really was a big sis, it wasn't my imagination. But the wolves got her. They hate anyone who leaves Viseria, and I thought I could draw them away, but I must have still been sick, or smelled sick because of the stuff we picked up...
/10HP 13/16 AC 2/2 1st

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Jacques Renault

"Well, can't say I didn't see this coming," I mutter under my breath.

Break down the situation, Jacques, I tell myself: Six of them. All armed and armored. Two of us, and Glory was in civilian wear. Escape possible? Unlikely. Fight winnable? The trick that Glory performed back at the camp with his acid came to mind, and one of the many beads of sweat running down my neck grew icy cold as an incantation started to form...

Then, the flames flickered. I was as surprised as any of these thugs were, though I hid it from my expression best as I could. An ally? Another foe? Something I had done instinctively? Didn't matter; what did was that they were on edge, and they had no idea as to what I was capable of. Frankly, neither did I.

"Really now, just what did you expect? That I would lie down and let filth like you lay a single hand on my coin? Disgusting vermin."

For what was honestly unnecessary emphasis, I spat on the ground between us.

"My friend and I have already split blood today, and neither of us will hesitate to defend ourselves, to the death if need be. Yours. So I advise you. Run."

CHA roll vs. thugs: 1d20+2 18

quote:

That's raw CHA, so it's 20 if it's a Deception check, though probably not :v:

TheFireMagi fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Jul 26, 2016

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
Insight opposed check: 1d20 20.

"You can talk, you all can, Sorgan. But we know about your parlour tricks. Now it's time to show you whuuuuuuuuuuucuuuccck"

Surprise! Assassin's shortsword vs merc (autocrit from assassinate): 2d20k1+7 22 2d6+3+8d6 40

A blade sprouts out from his heart, point-first. The others stare in shock for a moment, then run like hell. Behind them stands a young woman. Her skin is slightly red-tinged, and her hood is pointed a bit, perhaps from a hair bun.

"Stay right where you are. Your life or death depends on one answer: are you Jacques Renault?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Glory
Campaign Cheat Sheet

Glory's hands have crept down to the pair of rusted hatchets sitting at his waist just in time for the new arrival's blade to stab through one of the vagabonds, blood spurting across Glory's exposed scale as he moves to step between Jacques and their assailants.

The longest sigh of the day escapes Glory's mouth "I suppose I should be thankful I have yet to purchase proper clothing." He tears a strip of the cloth he'd pulled from the guard's packs back in camp off of his makeshift outfit and wipes himself down before drawing his paired hatchets from his waist "I imagine we'll see how this situation goes very quickly once my companion answers your question."

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Jul 26, 2016

• Locked thread