Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.

HP: 8/8 | AC: 12 | Lv 1 Spells: 2/2

Sylmae found her chest aching from their hasty escape. As soon as the party stopped, she found herself almost gasping for breath. It was far more physical activity than she'd had in the past...who knew how long? The spear in her hands felt awkward and wrong, as though she had no real business holding it. She ties it to her pack and exchanges it for the elegantly carved staff she found before.

"I agree with Jacques. I think our choice has been made for us - and we cannot risk harm befalling the village if we plan to seek safety there."

The staff in her hand vibrated and hummed in her hand, as if it were agreeing with her. Something felt like it was rushing through her body, crashing like a wave over her muscles. "...I also agree with Jacques. There seems to be magic in some of our blood."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.

Sylmae rushes to attend to Vilnius, leaving her caught off-guard by the wolves

quote:

Initiative: 1d20+2 7

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.

HP: 8/8 | AC: 12 | Lv 1 Spells: 1/2

Sylmae finds her mind clear - more clear and peaceful than it has been in the last few days. Vilnius' attack gives her an idea- perhaps a second salvo would help end the fight quicker.

The staff in her hands hums in gentle agreement.

quote:

Action: Thunderwave: 2d8 7 thunder damage targeting two wolves; DC 13 CON save.

Melchiresa fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Jul 17, 2016

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.

She takes the letter and the picture from Sip. She's silent for a moment as she reads and looks up at the rest of the group. "I'm WHAT?" she blurts out, more sharply than she had intended. Jacque's bow and addressing her as "your highness" was almost too much.

"Then that means...the island? I was looking for something there. My father," which felt odd to say, "must have known something to cure this plague was on the island. Although, it seems we've survived regardless."

She pauses, "I thought that we were prisoners? I don't think a party meant to help would refer to us as their 'prisoners.'"

She looks at the letter for another moment. "and the rest of my name...it's come back to me. My family name is Haell. Maybe that means something to anyone else?"

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.

"Yes, let's keep moving. Hopefully we can reach the village before something else attacks us."

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.

Sylmae Haell

"I see no reason why not. I agree with Jacques...too many people could cause problems."

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.

slydingdoor posted:

"Haha, you actually did it. Like I said–monsterperson. Princess, let me help you into this tent of a dress. I'll put the pins in and you can cut it down, if you know how. I can probably get by with old man clothes, otherwise I'll just clean what I have. Where's the soap and the well? And some pickles from the root cellar. Or beer! Something ready to eat, I doubt any of you can cook..."
/10HP /16 AC 2/2 1st

Sylmae Haell

Sylmae was grateful for the opportunity to wear actual clothing "Thank you kindly. I'm sure cutting it down couldn't be too hard, right?"

As she sets to work getting the dress to fit properly, she wonders aloud, "after we've stowed our belongings, shall we continue on to the village? I doubt there is much more for us here."

Melchiresa fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Jul 20, 2016

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.

A Darker Porpoise posted:

Glory
HP: 12/12 AC: 11
Campaign Cheat Sheet

"It would be best, I think, to at least make an honest attempt to enter the city. The old man seemed to be under the impression that he had a place here still, so I imagine they are not immediately turning away refugees or those willing to help in the defense of these walls." Glory stares up at the many guard towers bristling with occupants "I imagine we have to have been spotted by someone at this point and a handful of people suddenly appearing in town that no-one recognizes would likely draw a great deal of suspicion."

Sylmae Haell

"I agree with Glory. Sneaking into the town would just make the villagers frightened - moreso than they probably already are. I'd rather not incur the wrath of an entire village."

She gathers up the hem of her dress and proceeds towards the gates to call out to whoever will listen. "Hello? Can anyone help us? We mean you no harm!"

Which was possibly a lie, given their track record, Sylmae thought. But a white lie never hurt anyone, right?

Melchiresa fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Jul 22, 2016

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.

Sylmae Haell

Jacque's words brought back a shock of memories. Absolutely none were any that she wished to vocalize to her companions. If they were find out that everything was a lie, she was certain she'd be doomed. Clearly she'd been able to lie and cover her tracks in the past, and she saw no reason to stop now.

Since Jacque appeared to be leading the charge on cozying up to the guards, she joins the group to discuss their plans. Somehow, gaining back some shard of memory made her feel more confident. "Miradis told us to come here for a reason - perhaps if we are allowed entry to pass through, we can mention her name to whomever is in charge. Maybe we can find out why we were supposed to come here."

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.

Sylmae Haell

Sylmae had been rather absentmindedly following her companions, still rolling her newfound memories around in her head. The sound of yelling and fighting snapped her back to reality. She has her staff at the ready to defend the group, but the nurse calling for mercy on the man changes her tactics.

She decides it may be best to not irritate the nurse, and uses [b]mold earth[b] to drop the bearded fellow approximately five feet into the earth. "Hopefully this woman can be of some assistance - surely she deals with this often enough, since she knows him."

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.

Sylmae Haell
HP: 14/14 | AC: 12 | Lv 1 Spells: 3/3 | Sorcery Points: 2

Sleep took Sylmae quickly. The day's events had almost felt like a lifetime ago by the time she turned in. When Magar's face appears to her again, she awakes with a yell that could have woken an entire house - were there not the droning of a storm and sanitarium patients.

She seeks out Vilnius - in part because he seemed to have a subtly reassuring aura about him, and partly because Sip appeared to have gone further out of her mind. Upon finding him, she tries to shake him awake, words tumbling out of her mouth before she's even certain he can hear.

"Vilnius! You had to have seen him too, right? That was no dream! How can he be our leader when we were on a ship to an island? Do you remember? How could we do the things we did? Please, tell me you remember."

Sylmae hated to admit it, but for the first time all day she had begun to panic.

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.

ritorix posted:

"Good morning."

The nurse gently wakes Sylmae, Vilnius and Sip. It doesn't feel like morning at all. Outside, the rain continues, and the dawn is hidden behind angry clouds. The streets below are completely flooded out, and only a fool would try to navigate their waters. At least the sanitarium is perched on a hill, out of immediate danger.

A simple breakfast has been prepared, with cups of tea, salted meats and bread. You are warm and dry, and safe for the moment.

"I let you sleep all morning, and already made my rounds. After breakfast...if you want to talk about Miradis...she is missed. I would like to hear what happened."

Sylmae Haell

Talking to Vilnius the previous night had given her pause to think - mostly of things to consider after all of this was resolved. That being said, it had brought her enough peace to gain a good night's rest. She made a mental note to thank him later.

"What happened to Miradis. I'm sad to say, but I only know the tail end of her story. We, those here with you and our other party members - they're elsewhere in the town, had awoken in a camp with no memories. Miradis was helping us to get our memories back. She told us of a man named Magar. We didn't have much time to speak about that, as our camp was found and we had to flee. We were on our way here when she was killed. She died trying to defend us."

She takes a sip of tea and pauses, then decides to try and pry something out of the nurse. "I wish I could have found a way to thank her. Without her, I'd've never figured out who I was before all this. I never would have guessed my father was the Sea King. Do you know anything about him? Or Magar? Or..anything, I guess. I'm afraid I don't know terribly much about anything right now."

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.

ritorix posted:

"Nice! I thought you were gonna hit the deck for a second there. Let's keep going, we can head across the rooftops towards that hill."

A while later, the roof-jumping crew makes it to the last house before the hill. Before you, the building looms: a sanitarium. There are several lights flickering inside, and you can see the shapes of people moving past curtained windows.

"Uh oh, this looks like trouble. We may have need of your abilities again."

The nurse points out the window at a dragonborn and pair of tieflings.

It's still morning, and time to reunite the party. I am going to ~Gencon~ tomorrow, will return Monday the 8th, and will only have phone-post access in the meantime. Please group back up in-game, have some reunion dialogue and patch up any loose ends. When I get back I want to jump right into moving things out of the crazy house.

Sylmae Haell

Sylmae snaps out of her memories to look towards where the nurse is pointing. Two of the figures are familiar, but the third is a surprise to her. "We arrived here with two more in our group, and those appear to be two of them. Though, last I checked we had only brought one tiefling..."

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.

Sylmae Haell

Sylmae rubs her temples, still trying to put together all of the information she has received. "This all sounds quite familiar, and I know I've heard it all before. We should head towards Altaris, and hopefully these memories will make a bit more sense. Perhaps we will find my father and he can help us further."

quote:

I'm ready to move on when everyone else is

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.

Sylmae Haell

Initiative: 1d20+2 10

Sylmae groaned internally and decides to try to break up the fight, which started before she could utter a word.

"Given the fact that we are being attacked by the land itself, and you are currently being attacked by my companions, you may not even be around to collect on this order - nor do any of us have the time to fight. Should we all survive, I will personally see to it that you are properly compensated and more to account for your present suffering. Just let us take what we need to defend ourselves - no more, no less."

Persuasion: 1d20+3 8

However, it appears that the shopkeeper didn't hear a word she said.

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.

Sylmae Haell

Sylmae examines the inventory. Not that she was a fan of how they obtained their goal, but she guessed that the ends justified the means.

A crossbow seemed more practical, since she couldn't recall having any memory of ever performing melee combat. Armor was just as distantly unfamiliar.

quote:

Snagging a crossbow + 20 bolts, two daggers, keeping my arcane focus, and the explorer's pack

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.

Sylmae Haell

Knowing that she is unable to contribute the same brute force as Vilnius, Sylmae falls to the back of the group.

The creatures being what they are, she decides the best weapon for the moment is fire.

Firebolt vs Dryad: 1d20+5 23 1d10 9

She hurls a mote of fire at the Dryad, hitting it dead-on. Knowing it's futile, she still shouts "Don't listen to it, Sip!"

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.

Sylmae Haell
HP: 10/14 | AC: 12 | Lv 1 Spells: 3/3 | Sorcery Points: 2

CON save vs Thunderwave: 1d20+4 13

Sylmae is rattled by the force of the spell, but is able to resist being moved.

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.

Sylmae Haell

Sylmae finds herself gravitating towards Vilnius, and instinctively grabbing onto his arm as the dragon flies past. Somehow, possibly drawing from him, she is able to remain calm.

She loosens her grip and makes her way towards Glory and Jacques. "I suppose we don't have any better options. Hopefully it leads somewhere..."

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.

Sylmae Haell

"I could use a moment to regain my bearings. As Glory said, we will need our focus for the combat to come."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.

Sylmae Haell

"That sound! It's electricity! The source seems to be behind the Prison door. Maybe there's an exit, or something useful."

Sylmae makes her way to the prison door to test to see if it had been left unlocked. Hopefully I won't get electrocuted, given our luck thus far... she muses to herself.

• Locked thread