Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

Yeah, they're really picky about the parts. You also can't get an aftermarket GP relay, because 90% of them aren't actually right and short out to the mounting tabs.

And don't get me started on the brilliant "valve-cover-gasket-cum-GP-harness" idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

:love: the arrow. Yup. That's the spot!

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

rifles posted:

My brother has a 2016 3500 SRW and it is most definitely not optimized for going to the mall. They're ridiculously powerful and the most I've ever driven or ridden with in it was a 5000lb gooseneck with a 6000lb wood chipper and a 2500lb tractor on it. It felt like an empty trailer. It rides like poo poo with no load. He wishes he had gotten the airbags but the factory option was new that year and didn't include any way to drain the air tank to get rid of moisture (amazing), so he didn't.

That camper is cool as poo poo. Curious if you had any issues with getting it secured down on the flatbed?

I think people confuse the 1500 with the HDs. There's a world of difference between a light duty and a heavy duty pickup. 1500s are usually on soft tires and suspension and are basically mall and home improvement store crawlers. 2500s and 3500s are not. My 2500HD rides like crap empty, and feels happy with 2000# in the bed. 10k# trailer? Happy towing that all day any day.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

cursedshitbox posted:

Anti-archival bumpage

1. Here's a video of some progress: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfOVCSqyoUA

2. no progress there outside of rolling some modifications into a 20x4 panel like in the above.

3. Haven't hosed with that

4. Ordered some on ebay, they showed up hosed up, sent em back, USPS lost em and I never got a refund for it.

5. Lol this has escalated into a $500 project to use a york compressor. There's 110V on the truck at all times, so uhh that'll be an easier route to just plug it in.
Down that rabbithole of power... 200A+ Leese Neville alternator?

That's awesome! Details?