Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Billy Corgan, Smashing Pumpkins

James Storm, ALSO SMASHING PUMPKINS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Also they're doing a 'judges score the matches' storyline and the judges are according tot his '3 unknown people'

I know TNA is light on legends and all, but you can't even try to get people over in this scenario by having the judges be someone that anyone gives a poo poo about? That seems like about the easiest thing possible to make it seem like a big deal instead of another stupid terrible idea

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Gen. Eric Hueman

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Am I reading those spoilers correctly that Eddie Edwards is in a faction with Shera and Grado?

lol

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Benne posted:

Turning Broken Matt face will probably have the same problems as WWE does with Face New Day (in that their gimmicks were bizarre vanity projects that somehow got over and then they became bland catchphrase-spewing automatons), but I can't blame TNA for running with the one thing that's actually given them positive buzz this year.

No way Broken Matt will become a catchphrase spewing automaton, he'd have to DELETE himself if he did.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

rovert posted:

Happy to see Leah Vaughan the former Leah Von Dutch show up on the radar again. I thought she was transition out of Wrestling about a year ago. But since then she went back to Wrestling training and essentially got retrained, went on a long tour with STARDOM and is about tour Europe.

Surprised there was no Dusty Classic.

I saw her squash Crazy Mary Dobson at a Ring of Honor show at the end of last October. It was a decent enough match. Glad she's not dead.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
They look like huge losers and should feel bad

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
They'll have Sami Zayn explain that his ankle thing is actually a staph infection, a doctor will laugh at him in a backstage segment, and then Kevin Owens will call him a pussy and kick his rear end

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Just seeing 'submitted in Round 2...' makes me angry. I hate everything about this gimmick match style

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Seth Rollins and Kevin Owens are also going to have a HIAC match after Mick Foley finally stands up for himself and decides to keep Stephanie/Jericho from interfering. I got this scoop on a direct line from KO himself

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

IcePhoenix posted:

The Women's match actually being inside HiaC is a big deal and worthy of scoopage you doofuses. But don't let context get in the way of another rovert circlejerk I guess.

Yes and it's been reported a bunch of places, but only one of them felt the need to post an anonymous text screenshot about it, in which someone specifically told them not to talk about it lol

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Just change the name of the company to OMEGA

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Grozz Nuy posted:

I know people still like Matt Hardy but this poo poo is so stupid and forced

It would have been funny if it was just Days of the New and not one that he's already used 2000x and two that are just moving words around and not actually funny

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Dilbert Fanclub President posted:

I hope the people in this thread and subforum one day find some joy in their lives.

If I wanted to see a fat dumb wrestler repeat the same promo with a lovely accent I'd just watch Bray Wyatt

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Wow, who knew that Dixie Carter was actually a genius, and the only thing holding TNA together

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
The ending to Jericho/Owens storyline should be them remaining best friends forever and never breaking up

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Dean is like early-mid 2000's Jericho. Not on the level of Cena, Reigns, or Styles, but just below that. I'd argue KO is more of a midcarder than Dean, which is really damning for Raw.

KO is a heel champion, so yeah. He's literally incapable of beating anyone in a match. If he had to defend the title one on one against Titus he'd need Chris Jericho to save him

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Alain Post posted:

he should wear the old Buddy Rose "I Worked Hard For This Body" shirt

Once Chris Hero gets on the "blow away" diet and his excess weight simply blows away, he'll be able to wrestle shirtless

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

rovert posted:

Sorry to interrupt this Robert Roode talk and all but I was politely saying NXT thinks Hero is too indie, doesn't play to the cameras and has a poo poo look.

Probably true, but I'm sure that 40 year old career mediocre indie guy Robert Roode is the future of WWE, on account of them giving him a theme song that people like

Furthermore, Tye Dillinger is a future world champ and Blue Pants is the truth

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Chris James 2 posted:

Honestly hosed up that so much stupid/funny stuff happened there that the one that's bound to be forgotten is Cody Rhodes paying someone more than the company to specifically not wrestle

And also that being FORTY FIVE DOLLARS

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Rhonne posted:

https://twitter.com/JRImpactAsylum/status/837815199629475840

https://twitter.com/JRImpactAsylum/status/837816530708676608

LAX!

They're just bringing back all the old teams and gimmicks aren't they? When do they bring back Team Canada?

I haven't seen Konnan in awhile, does he always look like some sort of horribly deformed mutant, or is that a new development?

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
What's worse? Josh Matthews as a heel character, or the fact that the faces he's feuding with are apparently the Jarretts and Jeremy Borash?

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Venomous posted:

Naomichi Marufuji looks at this scene with his head in his hands and thinks 'dear God, they want us to send someone over there.'

It will be tough for him to get away from the 200 or 300 paying fans NOAH have left

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I seem to remember Reno Scum working as jobbers for RoH when they were in Vegas and looking average

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Matt Sydal making a poor life choice, you don't expect that

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I think the key to any promotion is adding a bunch of extra titles no one gives a poo poo about

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Chris James 2 posted:

OH MY loving GOD NEVER MIND I TAKE IT ALL BACK

THEY BROUGHT BACK :siren:SCOTT STEINER:siren: TO BE JOSH'S PARTNER

TNA was always good

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

This is a work, just like Sgt. Slaughter wasn't really a sgt. Just FYI!

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I only want to endorse a culturally diverse, green, modern wrestling product, like Lucha Underground. #sexystar4ever

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
The Big Dog is going to announce that he's taking Summerslam as he'll be busy traveling the country in the Big Dog Express Patriotic Bus Tour for America

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Taker should only come back to team up with his best friend Roman Reigns in a tag team match against that spooky Bray Wyatt and Braun Strowman

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Can't wait for Jinder Mahal to be victorious in the Punjabi Prison after Randy Orton gets distracted beating up the Singh brothers and then gets caught from behind with a Cobra Clutch Slam

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

MassRafTer posted:

He is hugely over, listen to the reactions he gets.

He's actually perfect. He's become the living embodiment of WWE the brand. Fans take out all of their frustrations with the product as heat on one man. It's everything Vince has been working for for the past 20 years.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Lol first title defense is an "actually he lost but keeps title by screwjob"

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Super No Vacancy posted:

they keep bringing out a pulse survivor

Are they making him marry Grado?

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I too like to ask women to marry me immediately after asking them out on a first date

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Aphrodite posted:

War Machine is an ROH tag team, not the MMA attempted murderer.

But does WWE know that?

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
My sources indicate Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose, and Samoa Joe are all going back to NXT. HHH is staging a coup and taking his boys home to build NXT as the new #1 brand. They'll be getting a time slot on SYFY network. You heard it here first.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

bradzilla posted:

Pretty sure he wouldn't have reentered the USADA testing pool as a bluff

If it made Vince give him millions more dollars, I'm sure he would. I also wouldn't doubt at all that he's serious about returning to UFC at some point, so he needs to re-enter the pool, but either way, if he wants them as leverage in negotiations he had to do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

rovert posted:

I asked around extensively about this.

Becky Lynch currently isn't apart of the internal plans for Summerslam.

The Cyborg feud is just her going into business for herself and a project between Becky Lynch, Luke Sanders and a backup plan for Cyborg if she lost last weekend.

Did Cyborg really need a backup plan in case she lost to her latest completely overmatched tomato can