Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Wesley Snipes as Geordi would have detonated that show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Mr. Fowl posted:

I'm watching Godzilla vs Megalon for the first time. First, it's a version with commercials from 1996 in and OOF that is something. I thought Richard Branson was insufferable now; after watching a few of his 90s credit card commercials he was making me homicidal. Also, I noticed that Godzilla's rubber suit seemed to catch fire unexpectedly. That was kind of awesome.

He Jock It Made Of Steel slays me for some reason.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

rydiafan posted:

My experience with the Twitch page is that it's 98% ads, and they always manage to interrupt in the middle of a good riff, so I just watch the Pluto channel instead.

Yeah, I just started watching Pluto after hearing about it in this thread. Between MST3K, Rifftrax and the classic Doctor Who channel I could watch all drat day.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Timby posted:

Buff Slamchest.

If only. Cancer treatment destroyed me last year. :smith:

:smith::hf::smith: what up cancer survivor buddy

Took me a year after chemo before I felt better. Current fitness goals: Slab Gruntmeat

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Junkie Disease posted:

Who do we help make the next mads stream look better than a 10 year old YouTube vid?

Jesus Christ, I know. I want to support them, they're really funny and all but that Zoom was embarrassing.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

drrockso20 posted:

From what I recall he was supposed to be on fire but they had no idea that ping pong balls were flammable(especially that flammable), and thus everyone's reaction to Crow's head exploding in a fireball is quite real and unscripted, which obviously made it even funnier than it would have been if it had been scripted

Was showing my mom how Pluto TV works last week and that specific scene was playing at the time

Here it is (should start at the right part of the video, otherwise just go to 26:20.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M013NSukf1w&t=1579s

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Dawgstar posted:

Yeah, just check out Horror at Party Beach.

I wasn't sold on Horror at Party Beach until this moment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ta603oVyIqA

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

^^^this is great

You had better go vote for Hercules in Day two of the Turkey Day selection or I'm going to be irked with you.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Honey, time to get up...it's Turkey Day and Werewolf is on...

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

delfin posted:

Just jumping onto this. I thought that it was on Pluto TV, but their MST3K channel doesn't seem to be showing the same episode as the YouTube stream.

It looks like Pluto isn't starting until noon for some reason?

muscles like this! posted:

Jimmy lying in the essay makes sense but the way he just makes up poo poo when talking to Kitty is just the sign of a pathological liar.

adultchildofalcoholics.txt

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

No! Slower! More Bandy-Legged!

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Everytime I watch Pod People I am in awe of the drinks cabinet. It's not like that crabby old guy entertains...is that all for him and the wife?

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Junkie Disease posted:

Not fond of whatever these segments are.

Next host should be Gail the Snail

Ditto. They felt... forced I guess?

But it's ok because I'm finally going to learn what a sampo is.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

I wish they had done Wild World Of Batwoman today.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Friendly reminder that Trace and Frank are riffing Santa Claus vs. The Devil tonight. Portion of the proceeds going to a Minneapolis food charity.

https://www.themadsareback.com/event/santa-claus-vs-the-devil-livestream-screening/

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

I Am Fowl posted:

Failed/Obscure TV shows mashed together into a "movie" is my favorite genre of MST3K episode, along with failed pilots. There's something...special about them.

When Lovejoy disguises himself as an Army officer in Codename: Diamond Head he looks a lot like my father in law.

Makes for a favorite episode for me and my wife.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Bootleg Trunks posted:

From the Home Economics short for Iowa State University when the girl drops her application in the mailbox and the narrator says "She got a bit of a thrill just from dropping off her application" which makes crow burst out in absolute maniacal laughter

Joel: "C'mon c'mon be cool!"

That whole short is a gold mine.

"Prince! It's his royal badness as a chubby white kid!"

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

muscles like this! posted:

So, what's everyone's favorite musical bit? Mine are Train Song and Super-cala-fragilistic-expiala-wacky.

All the Servo Choir bits are great

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

My son swears up and down there is a Rifftrax of The Miracle Worker (the story of Helen Keller). Is there any truth to this?

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Give me my snow globe Daddy Joel

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

24 hours later, $1.8 million and climbing...:wow:

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Funky Valentine posted:

WEENIE MAN, AWAY!

When Weenie Man is all growling defensively at alien dude I laugh and laugh

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Jesus, they're 50% funded in a week's time

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

I watched Cry Wilderness the other day. That scene where they go looking for Bigfoot in the cave with all the Coke cans...I feel like I've seen that location in another MST episode. Anybody else recognize it?

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Do we know anything about Joel's personal life? Has he been married, had kids, etc.?

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Dawgstar posted:

What episode gave us ‘Join us, won’t you?’

Also, which one has Tom saying "I am the god of hellfire!". I say that every time I might the grill.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Jesus, they're $600k away now...

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

I'm on firefox like an old fuddy duddy, but I'll try another. Thanks!

Welcome fellow old person online. Yes, this is the problem...when I logged in thru Edge it worked fine.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

I Am Fowl posted:

Other than that--Atlantic Rim is utterly wretched.

The male lead studied at the Arch Hall Jr. School For Unappealing Actors.

I wanna key his car so bad!

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Zamboni Rodeo posted:

Okay, okay, I'll own up to it: I'm the freak who actually likes The Starfighters.

Saying you like watching The Starfighters is like saying you like watching paint dry.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

I'm halfway thru watching Starcrash for the first time and drat do I feel bad for Christopher Plummer

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Dawgstar posted:

Did you know Chevrolet has a wonderful plan for your life?

I think about this line every time I see a Chevy ad.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Watching reruns of some old Western called Yancy Derringer....this episode has Ray Danton from Secret Agent Super Dragon! I love it when I find MST types in other media.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

That is randy!

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Help me out...which episode was it where Mike has to put Crow in the shop and gets a loaner Crow whose all rattling and smoking?

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Danger: Death Ray is the TV equivalent of a snuggly blanket for me. Watching it and hearing babadadada over and over is strangely comforting.

Pershing fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Aug 12, 2021

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

What's a good first riff to watch from Bridget and Mary Jo?

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Watched Beast Of Hollow Mountain for the first time last night...I laughed and laughed at "wouldn't the Civil War have been more fun with a disco cannon?"....don't know why it struck me so

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

On that topic, did anyone see the Rifftrax Live of Hobgoblins? Was it any good? I've heard mixed things, which wouldn't surprise me considering their MST3K re-riffs haven't been amazing so far, and generally I'd say the originals were better.

The whole concept of a re-riff just has no appeal for me. I want to remember the original version, not see it redone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

WhiteHowler posted:

It also felt weird when MST3k did Ator the Fighting Eagle.

That wasn't a re-riff though, was it? As a Cave Dwellers nut I was glad to see it.