Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Moridin920 posted:

i assume everyone on the internet is an overweight white man until proven otherwise

busted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Moridin920 posted:

i assume everyone on the internet is an overweight white man until proven otherwise

you forgot short

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

SneakyFrog posted:

you forgot short

in my mind's eye they are leaned back on a computer chair so I can't tell

but they are balding

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Moridin920 posted:

in my mind's eye they are leaned back on a computer chair so I can't tell

but they are balding

stop looking at my webcam moridin

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

pick please append your post with updates on your current mood and what band you're listening to as you hit the submit button

these are important informations that we need to know with each post, thanks in advace

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
Mood: Nefarious

Tunes: Bro Hymn, Pennywise, Self Titled

Next Up: No Diggity, Blackstreet feat. Dr. Dre

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Mak0rz posted:

pick please append your post with updates on your current mood and what band you're listening to as you hit the submit button

these are important informations that we need to know with each post, thanks in advace

To be sure, it's mostly true (e.g. in this thread, key guy and "don't talk" guy absolutely were), and I owned a caiman, and I vomited on Jane Pauley, but I'm not a cannibal and I never managed to catch the dumpster skunk.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Pick posted:

To be sure, it's mostly true (e.g. in this thread, key guy and "don't talk" guy absolutely were), and I owned a caiman, and I vomited on Jane Pauley, but I'm not a cannibal and I never managed to catch the dumpster skunk.

Note that my post was more poking fun at the people claiming this is a Pick's LiveJournal thread than it was meant to be directed against you

shame about the dumpster skunk though

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Pick posted:

That's one reason Pick is just a character account and I lie on here all the time. good luck, anybody who knows me irl who finds this account, you just made your job a lot harder than if you'd just talked to me.

What is the character? Mediocre poster who never knows when to stop?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i like pick

idk how much of an endorsement that is around here anymore tho

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
oh ffs just poking a bit of fun geez.

back on THE TOPIC

quote:

The traditional way to control female sexuality was marriage, which was a lifelong exclusivity contract. Originally, marriage was a collusion between women and the elite, benefiting these two classes against the interests of the majority of men: The initial form of marriage was, of course, polygyny, where the elite got all the women, while women themselves used their young-age sexual power to secure providing into their old age, even after all their attractivity had withered and vanished.

Monogamy is a recent thing, a grudging concession of both the elite and women to lower class men. When we say that "monogamy was good", this is only in relation to polygyny. Monogamous societies had a greater degree of social cohesion than polygynous ones. This comparison, though, does not take into account pre-marriage societies, "free sex" societies.

Unchecked female hypergamy corrodes social cohesion. Nature never meant female sexuality to be unchecked - and that is why it made men physically stronger. An absolute control over life's gateway to the future is too much of a power. If females could have it, and be so much better off than men in this regards, there would be no reason for the existence of men, we'd all be female.

Now the issue is whan ways men possess in order to control female sexuality. Traditionally, there was restriction over when it was acceptable for women to have sex. This is not a male control strategy. As Roy Baumeister argues in what is, I believe, one of the most important papers around female sexuality ever, the view that marriage and practices like virginity, slut shaming, and even female genital surgery, is male control over female sexuality, i.e. the traditionalist view, "received hardly any support and is flatly contradicted by some findings. Instead, the evidence favors the view that women have worked to stifle each other’s sexuality because sex is a limited resource that women use to negotiate with men, and scarcity gives women an advantage".
Another important reason why restricting female sexual activity was up to recently the standard, is that the elite used sex as currency. "Don't forget your Freud: Civilization is built on blocked, redirected, and channeled sexual impulse, because men will work for sex." By "civilization", of course, the elite mean the status quo, the continuous ruling by themselves. Female sexuality is the carrot of the system, and the elite don't want it to be readily available to the plebes.

Finally, the modern age with Tinder and the hookup culture clearly demonstrates that the attempt to control females' capacity to choose is vain. In fact, there is even evidence that male jealousy, mate guarding and male pair-bonding is a service to the female, a convenient way to drive away males of lesser value, while the female's option to engage in sex with a higher value mate can never be totally thwarted.
If then the attempt to control when women have sex is futile, is there another way to control female sexuality? Of course there is. Instead of limiting who women are allowed to have sex with, we could restrict who women are allowed to deny sex from. That was the solution that operated in the early human communities, and it is the only solution compatible with a society of male primacy. I realize that this may sound as total hubris, in a society where female primacy has so deep roots as to consider any instance of males being the sexual selectors as, effectively, rape. Furthermore, it requires a departure from the mainstream view that men are primarily interested in paternity certainty. Well of course they are, when their sexuality is so restricted. But the pure male sexual strategy is to seek maximization of their sexual encounters, not the beta fall-back to a, convenient for the females, role of parental provision.

In the core of this approach, manocentricm, is the notion that society should belong to men, as opposed to the elite and the global Sisterhood, which is the case today. It is the idea that men can bring about a rational allocation of resources, female sexual access being one of them - in fact the most important one.
Is this notion Utopian? First thing, this was how things were in the past. We can observe such social arrangements today, as a proof of concept, in the case of some primates, where females have sex with all the males when entering a tribe. There is also the very specific anthropological examples of Vladimir town and the Canela tribe: In 1917, in the town of Vladimir, every eighteen year old girl was required to register to the bureau of free love. Men in possession of a certificate showing that they belonged to the proletariat would have the right to these women. Note the context: this was long before Stalin became a dictator, and these were men that against all odds had organized, fought and won against the Tsar, one of the most powerful Monarchies that ever existed - and were now claiming what though was theirs. Isn't this a very consistent example of the Marxist "from each according to his ability to each according to his need"?

In the Amazonian tribe of Canela, girls, before marriage, are expected to provide sex to men. During their summer festival they are expected to have sex with as many as 25 men, sequentially.

Another example is the pristesses-prostitutes of the Ancient Greek world. These were actually daughters of the elite, devoted to temples, that had the duty to provide sex to men of their society - until they would end their service and marry, carrying no shame. So, the idea of a male control against the female sexual veto is not simply theoretical.
Now is the notion that I describe Utopian in today's society? Perhaps. The good thing is that even the half-assed, unsatisfactory solution of a return to monogamy, with a sexually faithful woman, seems Utopian nowadays. It is understandable that the first reaction to a crisis, as is the modern crisis of the male identity, is to play it safe and revert back to "the good-old ways". This is a conservative, middle-of-the-ground solution. It is also a waste of the opportunities this crisis presents us: to question everything, and re-discover, at least in theory, what a real male dominance would mean.
-Adam

manocentricm :allears:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

Instead, the evidence favors the view that women have worked to stifle each other’s sexuality because sex is a limited resource that women use to negotiate with men, and scarcity gives women an advantage"

lmao these people are mentally ill

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
People spend a lot of effort trying to rationalize their way through the contradiction that everybody deserves sex, but nobody deserves sex with any individual person. The real solution to the problem is just that life sucks and isn't fair but, just like with conspiracy theories, some people can't accept a world where bad things happen without a reason.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

cheetah7071 posted:

People spend a lot of effort trying to rationalize their way through the contradiction that everybody deserves sex, but nobody deserves sex with any individual person. The real solution to the problem is just that life sucks and isn't fair but, just like with conspiracy theories, some people can't accept a world where bad things happen without a reason.

i thought god had a plan

like the cylons in battlestar galactica

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

SneakyFrog posted:

redpill stuff

"For some of you this will mean much less mating. For others, much much more."

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
the sad part is you can just go to redpill find a good sized wall of text and just copy it over without even reading it because yes. it will be that loving dumb.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

BoonyPC posted:

I lost a lot of weight a few years back and while most people were happy to tell me how good I was looking there were a few that thought I had some form of illness

My body weight fluctuates pretty regularly depending on if I'm feeling depressed or lazy. At one point I was feeling really dissatisfied with my life and I let it get to around 250 lbs. which is the highest it's ever been. I'm 6'1" and have always been considered a "big guy" so I usually carry weight pretty well, but I was looking pretty bad at 250. It all goes to my face and gut so I guess my body type at the time would be best described as Hank Hill.

I didn't really notice how bad it had gotten until friends and I went skydiving and I was only a few pounds shy of exceeding the max allowable weight for tandem jump. A friend a was developing a huge crush on was there and it was pretty embarrassing. We ended up sleeping together, but quickly after she told me we should just be friends and she started dating a way more attractive guy with a better job. I started getting all Nice Guy about the whole thing, but turned it around and realized I should definitely lose some weight.

So basically I just started eating less. I'm terrible at eating healthy so basically I just cut out soda, ate way less fast food, and would stop eating a meal when my body told me it was satisfied so I didn't over eat. I lost about 50 lbs. in about five months. People were all telling me how good I looked but one day a.coworker pulled me aside in the break room and asked if I was ok. I told him I was great and asked why. He said he noticed I had pretty significant weight loss and he's seen this happen with friends before. Told me it was safe to tell him if I was sick. The guy was gay and I think he may have thought I contracted HIV. I told him what was going on and he was relieved. I asked him if he was ok and he said he was. Had to hug the guy. I previously didn't like him because he was always snarky and dismissive towards people but I don't think I've ever seen anyone's face that genuinely concerned about me.

That night I ended up out with friends and a girl that I used to sleep with who blew me off once happened to be there. She got drunk and invited me home and said I probably wouldn't want to because I'm "all beautiful and poo poo now". Shouldn't have done it but I did. Woke up feeling terrible about it. I think I was revenge loving her to prove something to my fatter self and I didn't like it. After that I decided it probably wasn't a good idea to have sex with people I actively didn't like.

CubanMissile fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Aug 25, 2016

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

FUCK THE ISLE OF APPLES. FUCK THEM IN THEIR STUPID ASSES.

Facebook Aunt posted:

Eh, I think of them more as "society's rules" than "men's rules". In conservative subcultures women and girls get more shaming from other women than from men. It's the women's job to teach girls to be ladylike. It isn't like men were ever getting together in secret meetings to think of ways to oppress women. Stuff just sort of happens.

hello this post is from 50 pages back

what kind of screaming cocksucker would write this, I mean holy poo poo just look at this post

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
lol yeah that was a good one

Mr. 47
Jul 8, 2008

Well, I guess I'll just go fuck myself, then.

Pick posted:

That's one reason Pick is just a character account and I lie on here all the time. good luck, anybody who knows me irl who finds this account, you just made your job a lot harder than if you'd just talked to me.

Lol. You sad stupid gently caress.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

This is not a nice guy story.

No awkward, horrible or stupid deed is commemorated here.

Nothing embarrassing about you is here.

This place is a message and part of a system of messages.

Pay attention to it!

Sending this message was important to us.

We considered ourselves to be a powerful culture.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. 47 posted:

TYMO

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

CubanMissile posted:

So basically I just started eating less. I'm terrible at eating healthy so basically I just cut out soda, ate way less fast food, and would stop eating a meal when my body told me it was satisfied so I didn't over eat. I lost about 50 lbs. in about five months. People were all telling me how good I looked but one day a.coworker pulled me aside in the break room and asked if I was ok. I told him I was great and asked why. He said he noticed I had pretty significant weight loss and he's seen this happen with friends before. Told me it was safe to tell him if I was sick. The guy was gay and I think he may have thought I contracted HIV. I told him what was going on and he was relieved. I asked him if he was ok and he said he was. Had to hug the guy. I previously didn't like him because he was always snarky and dismissive towards people but I don't think I've ever seen anyone's face that genuinely concerned about me.

I was once worried about a guy I know for some reasons and I regret ever mentioning it because I think he took it as an insult instead of a genuine expression of empathy and understanding. That's the thing about people, they're all different!

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

SneakyFrog posted:

This is not a nice guy story.

No awkward, horrible or stupid deed is commemorated here.

Nothing embarrassing about you is here.

This place is a message and part of a system of messages.

Pay attention to it!

Sending this message was important to us.

We considered ourselves to be a powerful culture.

Oh it got pretty nice guy for a minute there. With the first girl I spent a few weeks telling myself that nice guys finish last and chicks only want to date assholes. I didn't help the guy she chose over me was easily the biggest douchebag I ever met. I got over it though.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

CubanMissile posted:

Oh it got pretty nice guy for a minute there. With the first girl I spent a few weeks telling myself that nice guys finish last and chicks only want to date assholes. I didn't help the guy she chose over me was easily the biggest douchebag I ever met. I got over it though.

eh you made a decent human being choice instead of being short-sighted and selfish.

Id golfclap you but apparently an offhand compliment in manocentiricism means i want your dilz all up inside me right now.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

SneakyFrog posted:

eh you made a decent human being choice instead of being short-sighted and selfish.

Id golfclap you but apparently an offhand compliment in manocentiricism means i want your dilz all up inside me right now.

Wait...that's not what it means? :confused:

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Mr. 47 posted:

That's not very nice, guy.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

SneakyFrog posted:

if you even make eye contact i assume this means you want the D

if it turns out I am wrong, then you're just a slut. this makes logical sense, you'd get it if you weren't so dumb. :D

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
You can tell if she wants the D if she's smiling too much or if there's a lilt in the melody of the voice.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
also if she crosses her legs and her knee/foot is pointed towards you, or if she touches her hair a lot while talking to you

or just generally acknowledges your existence in any way shape or form

e: though i think there might be something to the hair thing the jury is out on that one

Principals Orifice
Aug 23, 2016

by Lowtax
sometimes ladies will take their clothes off when they want to have sex with you :)

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
I will gently caress any goon at any time just hmu

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Sid Vicious posted:

sometimes ladies will take their clothes off when they want to have sex with you :)

Yo man when is the little Sid due?

epileptic_ev
Aug 25, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
according to both caroline AND irene if she bends over frequently around u showing the bum region that is technically called "PRESENTING" it can even be to pick something up off the ground

Principals Orifice
Aug 23, 2016

by Lowtax

Captain Yossarian posted:

Yo man when is the little Sid due?

4 more days until the proper due date and if he doesn't come out on his own then 11 days until they will induce her

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Sid Vicious posted:

4 more days until the proper due date and if he doesn't come out on his own then 11 days until they will induce her

Congratulations and good luck friend :)

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

epileptic_ev posted:

according to both caroline AND irene if she bends over frequently around u showing the bum region that is technically called "PRESENTING" it can even be to pick something up off the ground

That position is an invitation for when the woman recognises your dominance. But if they have established their dominance over you they will advance on you in that position while either cooing gently or shrieking, depending on whether they must fend off other presenting women in the vicinity.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
is this before or after the male stretches his scrotum out displaying his plumage?

epileptic_ev
Aug 25, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
one time some 4'11 brown girl throw pennies and screws at me for like half an hour

then she individually take every card out of my wallet and throw out the 2nd floor window

then she spit on me and punched me in the face many times

whole time i can not escape the room

she telling me i am pos and scum small dick and a million other things

then she put her hand over my mouth and and push me on the bed and she make me ejaculate in her wihle crying

that was 1 of 200+ times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

epileptic_ev posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7YRk9Di7Xg&t=180s

• Locked thread