Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

I guess I denied a girl sex sorta by accident because she didn't give head and I lost interest and went to sleep mid hookup cause I was real drunk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

I wanna quote one of those to emphasize the :stare: but I just can't choose

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

CubanMissile posted:

I just don't understand why they all wear fadoras. Did they have a meeting or something? Was like the leader Nice Guy going on a mall trip with his best friend girl and she said "You'd look really cool in this hat" and then later he got a kiss on the cheek so the story trickled down to the lesser castes?
I think it's because they all have terribly unflattering haircuts and instead of getting a better haircut they try to hide it under something even more stupid, it's simple nice guy logic

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

SciFiDownBeat posted:

VR anime games will hopefully remove all the incel MRAs from the gene pool
but they're not reproducing anyway so where are they all coming from? is it truly society's fault for shaping these miserable people after all?

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Blacktoll posted:

Both this thread and the reddit relationship one are great because of all the mental illness on display.

I really hate/love the fact that these got me to start browsing reddit, but the comedy is endless

this is probably the best niceguy.txt I've ever read

quote:

Hi everyone. I am apologizing now for the long read there's a TLDR at the end. I really need help. I have bee struggling with this for years and finally looking for advice.

So my best friend (Tim) and I have been friends since we were 10 years old. We did and still do everything together. Playing basketball, video games, hell, we even live one house over from each other.

I know something's that he's done to me that he is unaware that I know. When we were in middle and high school, we talked about everything, including who we have feelings for. I would tell him I him I like Melissa so when we all hang out together he could be my wing man. Well, I never ended up dating Melissa cause she never had feelings for me. the strange part was a few months later, he would be dating Melissa. Since we were best friends for years already at this point, I always thought to myself, "Awesome, Tim. Way to go!" And I wouldn't think anything else of it. I was happy for him. This, conveniently, happened about 4 times after. You can call me naive, go ahead.

Then one day came. A new girl comes to the school, we'll call her Dani. Me and her instantly hit it off. We are talking, holding hands, essentially dating. Out of the blue one day, my friend Tim comes to me and tells me she doesn't want to date me because I am loser. I talked to her about it and she says "People around the school say I shouldn't date you because you are a loser, etc etc." I try to find out who, but our school was too large and no one would give me an answer (I was relatively popular in the school because I was the captain on the basketball team). So eventually I let it go. I'm sure you see where this is going.

A week or so later, my friend tells me he's dating Dani. This is when my suspicions grew; about this time and the previous times this has happened. But since he is my best friend, I say, "hey, [generic bro code line]!"

Now we both knew this girl, Amanda, since 6th grade and we are now in junior year of high school. She was a classic "ugly duckling" story, although I never thought of her as such. She was dating a mutual acquaintance who was a football player and they had recently broken up. I always have had a thing for her, but I was and still am a pretty shy person. So figured I would try to give it a shot and start dating her. I told my friend I had a thing for her before she got out of this "ugly duckling" phase. Well, whatdoyouknow, my friend already has plans to go out with her. He even asked me if I was alright with this. This time I wasn't alright with this. But me being me, I said "Sure! I have a thing for her friend anyway!" Total. Lie. (Why do I do this.)

A little hurt, I was seeking some consoling. (It's worth mentioning Tim's brother was dating Amanda's best friend.) I spoke to a mutual friend of ours about the situation, leaving out key names and such. Eventually it got out that I had feelings for Tim's girlfriend, Amanda. Everyone in school was coming at me with questions and stuff, so to try to quell it, I told them I had feelings for Amanda's friend instead of Amanda herself. Tim or his brother didn't get angry, since I wasn't close to Tims brother or anything. So I was in the clear.

Things are going smoothly for Tim and Amanda while was dating some here and there. Nothing ever turned out well. We graduate high school and college didn't go so well for any of us, so we look for some jobs to save up some money. We all end up working at a retail company selling furniture. This was a pretty big store so there were many employees, but us three stuck together. We made a killer sales team. I had started seeing this girl who was great. But after a few months of working together, I noticed Tim and Amanda aren't doing so well in their relationship. I ask Tim what's up and he tells me he doesn't want to be tied down in a relationship and was thinking about seeing other women. As an unbiased friend I give him advice and tell him to do what he thinks is best, but advise them to stay together.

A year or so goes by and my friend quits the job cause of arguments he had with multiple customers. (He was always a hot head.) Soon after Tim tells me him and Amanda are no longer together. Me, Tim, and two girls we knew from high school were hanging out one day partying. We had some questionable drugs, cocain (first time trying it and the last time). Things started getting heavy and we started messing around. Me and my girlfriend and him and the two girls. I needed to go to work early the next day so I went to bed relatively early. A week or so later I found out my friend tried to get my girlfriend to go with them to his house, for obvious reasons. Needless to say, I broke it off with my girlfriend of 3 years. I still spoke to Tim because at this point, he was like my brother.

So it's me and Amanda working at this furniture store together while Tim is finding other work elsewhere.

I was still hanging out with both of them as I was close to both of them. After work me and Amanda would grab drinks and talk, other days I'd hang with Tim playing basketball. Just friend things. All the while they are on and off constantly. Tim telling me stories of him hooking up with girls at the bar, online, any way he could, even after he had told me they were back together. Amanda telling me she was seeing someone new every now and then. After hanging out with Amanda frequently, my feelings had resurfaced. No feelings of revenge for my girlfriend or anything like that. I just love who she is. I am in love with Amanda.

Now here are. 28. Every time it's brought up Tim says they are together, but the next day tells me of some girl he hosed last night. He's even telling me stories of girls he hosed working at the furniture store. Girls I told him I was into before I met my ex. But here I am. Alone. In love with Amanda. While I see Tim cheating on her constantly. I feel like I'm stuck. I want to tell Amanda how I feel. At this point, I don't care if I lose Tim and be with Amanda, because that's what I truly want. But I don't want to lose Tim and end up having Amanda not feel the same way. I just don't know what to do.

TL;DR: I fell for my best friends (Tims) girlfriend (Amanda) years before they started dating. He starts dating her, cheats on her constantly, hosed my then girlfriend. Still friends cause he was like my brother. My feelings for Amanda resurfaced. Now I'm stuck between losing my best friend since I was 10 and being with Amanda, or losing them both.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Carmant posted:

Thats a pretty boring and normal story. I dont see why you would post that here and make us read it.

perpetual self-ownage a problem for you too?

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Doc Friday posted:

Dude should've grown a backbone and realized that Tim was an rear end in a top hat. It's probably too late for him now.

that story was posted only 23 days ago https://www.reddit.com/r/relationships/comments/4sdkpi/i_28m_have_feelings_for_my_best_friends_28m/

I'd hope he just snaps and kills Tim one day but lets be real he's not going to do anything ever

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

JakeP posted:

Whats the deal with comedians?

:jerry:
all the real good ones are dead, apart from Don Rickles

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

I think if more guys stopped trying to get girls to like the music they like, and instead just pretended to like EDM, they would have more success

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Pick posted:

Actually it was an important moment in my life when I overheard the girl at our college who wore a cape saying "I love power metal" and I was like, poo poo, that's it, no more power metal.

Every once in a while I'll sneak a track by Helloween and remember the innocent days of garbage music :qq:

Walls of Jericho is shame-free listening

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

opened up the comments on a random instagram ho's pic and wasn't disappointed

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

in my experience, how much stupid music you can put up with directly correlates to how good the sex is

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

I saw a kid today wearing a fedora, couldn't have been more than 12 years old, I wanted to tell him he's making a huge mistake with his life but I just paid for my sandwich and left and went on with my day :shrug:

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

you're a goddamn idiot if you watch any anime imo and you deserve no whore bitches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Guy Goodbody posted:

How hard is it to just go up to a girl and say "Are you interested in a romantic relationship with me?"

Guy Goodbody posted:

I've never tried to initiate a romantic relationship, but if I did, that's what I'd say. Short, to the point, no room for misunderstanding. The woman can just say no and then I'll leave

Guy Goodbody posted:

Either way I'm gonna get the same answer, so might as well go with the quickest and least ambiguous option

how many fedoras do you own

• Locked thread