Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I fell in love with my husband because he's funny as gently caress without being a lovely bigot, and we were able to talk about everything with each other. We were both goddamn messes appearance-wise and lived with our respective parents, couldn't drive, didn't have jobs, etc. but he's a genuinely nice, funny and interesting dude, and my only regret is not giving him my facebook/phone number before I got banned from SA :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

MY PALE GOTH SKIN posted:

And either block the gross paragraphs or reply with a paragraph of my own that starts out "sexy" and then quickly turns into me biting their dick off and spitting it in their face, at which point I get "What the gently caress is wrong with you?!"

haha and then what? ;)

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

MY PALE GOTH SKIN posted:

and then nothing, because I'm done gaining fleeting entertainment from loving with a stranger

why is your username familiar

Sorry, it was one of those things that Nice Guys/dumb teenage boys do :(

snoo fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Aug 6, 2016

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

A few days ago, I was out with my husband and a guy complimented my 'my chemical romance' shirt and was like 'nice' and gave me a high five and that's a cool, decent compliment that wasn't gross or creepy, I like those a lot, thanks random dude who I'll never see again :)

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Carmant posted:

I thought you had to be 18 to get married

I'm sure everyone stops liking all the music they listen to as soon as they turn 18 :)

Varg posted:

in my experience, how much stupid music you can put up with directly correlates to how good the sex is

:yeah:

which is worse, my infamous enjoyment of green day or my husband's folder of homestuck music?? you decide

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

that guy has an obligation to shave that lovely beard imho

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

darkhand posted:

I like Shakespeare and James Joyce, it's good. Prose is cool, but I dunno why you'd make it part of your sexual strategy

james joyce's letters to nora :wiggle:

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

tbh I was a piece of poo poo (albeit mentally ill) teenager here on SA and elsewhere and I got a lot of poo poo from goons (some of it was legitimate and I can say helped me grow as a person, most of it was harassment or poo poo like calling my parents/posting my tits on 4chan), and my now-husband reached out to me through PMs and was like 'y goons mean/I wanna be your friend'. We chatted a bit but then I got banned, and then later he found me on facebook and after a bunch of stupid terrible poo poo in our lives, we started skyping and voice chatting daily, for hours and hours. :shrug: We had a lot in common regarding, for lack of a better word, trauma and other unpleasantness, and he's also really loving hilarious. And then he moved to where I am, etc. etc. and I guess what I'm trying to say is, be a stupid sad piece of poo poo online and maybe a nice person will try to help you and then maybe you can help each other out of your personal hellholes :unsmith:

Anyway the way we met is super weird and nontraditional, even beyond dating websites, and it's really hard to explain to people who ask, but everyone seems happy for us, and I am, too.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Chomp8645 posted:

"Be sad online and engage with strangers about it" is definitely top tier advice thanks Snoo.

It was mostly sarcasm, but at the very least I felt like we connected better because there wasn't any first impression/awkwardness bullshit going on, and it's easier to discuss things through writing, especially stuff that's hard to say out loud. Of course we're comfortable with each other and talk about things all the time, but it was a big help for two weird sad people

And again that's honestly an interesting thing regarding how dating and relationships evolved with the internet. :) on the other hand, unsolicited dick pics

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I love having a husband to spoon and/or spoon me at night instead of a pillow/sex toy combo :)

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I am kinkshaming everyone itt

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

:yikes:

what a gross, sad man

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I'm ugly and girls liked me

(I am also a girl)

snoo