Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
superjew
Sep 5, 2007

No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!
I was such a sad sack through college but I never directed anger at women. Like some of these chats people are posting are frightening.

Eventually I stopped wallowing in my misery and lamentations when I felt "friendzoned" or lonely or whatever and I'd focus energy on bettering myself physically and exploring the city. I can't figure out if something is especially wrong with these dudes or if it's environmental and there but for the grace of god went I :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

I need help, is Mr. Brightside the nice guy anthem or am I misinterpreting it?

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

I'm the cloth stuffed in his crotch.

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

WrenP-Complete posted:

Wait is the husband is too good to me person the same as the dog person? I dont get if it's the same story what happened.

It looks like he sent it in a message, but I have no idea what his point would be.

Some content: I met my partner when she started working at the same brewery that I do. She was persuaded to do so by a few people who already worked here, one of them being another bartender. He met her while they were taking a math class together and kept texting her after that ended.

The following semester she was on campus for a class one day and he texted her warning her that it would probably start storming soon. He kept offering to give her a ride home, stressing how small a deal it was for him to do so, and when she politely declined he still left the offer on the table. When she got out of class there was a heavy downpour and she took him up on the offer. He was apparently pleasant during the ride, but after that he would mention how he came to her rescue every single time he texted her or spoke to her. She came to find out he was bragging about it to mutual friends and probably strangers. When she confronted him about it he apologized profusely and opened up about how lonely he was.

She felt bad and went to lunch with him a couple of times in a casual friendly way. He interpreted it as them dating and told everyone he knew. She found out again and had to confront him again, but kept her distance from him after that. He still texted her constantly but she would only respond occasionally.

We met a few weeks after that. In the beginning she had an irregular schedule, so I used to go to the bar around opening every day and ask one of the bartenders if she was working that day or not. I noticed that he would avoid me when the bar staff got used to my routine. It took a month for her to get more shifts, one of which was Wednesdays with this guy. One afternoon they were opening the bar together and she mentioned me (not in a lovey-dovey way but just happened to mention my name). He asked her if they could talk and then told her that he's been having a very hard time dealing with our relationship. He said their "history" made it difficult and asked her if she could not talk about me at all for a while. She was nice enough to agree, and when she told me I did my best to avoid the subject with him as well. He got over it after a few months.

Not an awful "nice guy", but a nice guy nonetheless.

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

Rondette posted:

And the dog is rad as gently caress

No hoverpaw, checks out.

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

I didn't know there was a term for it but the few "volcel" people I've known in my life so far were chill and sure as poo poo didn't spend half their waking hours talking about lack of sex.

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

I still can't get over those mspaint comix. I feel a mix of pity and revulsion seeing those panels where the straw-whore is bathing in Chad's cummies.

I find the ones that show the straw-whore kissing the nice guy ten years after swallowing some hunk's load particularly revolting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

Kashuno posted:

*smokes a bowl*

Actually I think smoking weed was instrumental in the end of my sadbrain nice guy phase.

Quick, someone cross-reference red pill posters with whatever the weed reddit is and see if there's a steady migration.

*clicks Submit Reply*

• Locked thread