Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer
I INVOKE HAT RULE

(or was that just for the AUG thread)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Have this thing I made ages ago thread

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer

gigawhite posted:

Look at all them white dudes :chloe:

It was done in response to this btw

GRANNY SUGASLUTZZ posted:

You have Zac Efron in a fedora as a 5 lmao

:thejoke:

Rondette fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Aug 29, 2016

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Someone posted this goober's instagram account in the Schadenfreude thread, I feel it'd be right at home here too...:stare:

https://www.instagram.com/erikgarciabat/

Get distinct Elliot vibes off that face.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer

He's a young Michael Gove

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer

crackton posted:

some content for the thread after all my shitposting:

The mental gymnastics and self denial that these people take is oustanding: "How dare someone suggest I try to lose weight, or learn what these normies refer to as "social skills". That would take like a bajillion years, and besides there's nothing wrong with me, my mother says I'm perfect!"

edit: moist hole

this fucks me right off, on two levels.

One, as a woman who, as a 22 year old was an overweight sad-sack loser with low self esteem who had never had a proper boyfriend- I certainly didn't have men dropping their pants at me every day and offering me sex. I'm pretty certain at one point I was fixed on becoming some sort of WGTOW. Thankfully this was 2002 so the movement wasn't even a thing and thank gently caress for that- I'm sure I would have found some horrible, enabling equivalent to retreat into had the internet back then been the way it is now.

Two, that same year I had a moment of clarity and realised the only way things were gonna change is was if I worked on myself and I proceeded to lose a lot of weight in a short amount of time. Funnily enough, losing the weight made me happier, and a nicer person to be around generally coz I wasn't moaning about how disgusting I was or how shallow men were for not seeing beyond my lardy and lethargic arse. I managed to get a boyfriend that same year, much to my confusion, as I still felt like I was a hideous hambeast.

It's like these people don't want to change. it's really sad in a way- it's hard to accept that you might be the problem.

The thing is too - people they consider 'normies' like me (except I'm a woman so it wouldn't count anyway) might have at one point been on their side of the fence and be able to give real and valuable advice....but NOOOOOO they obviously don't UNDERSTAND how hard it is!!!!!!!

No you sad-brained fucker, I've been there, I get it. And it does take work to get out.

The internet is such a strange and terrible invention. I'm having a kid in 8 weeks or so, a boy, and I really hope that he doesn't fall into one of these horrible holes that the internet has opened up in the last 10 years or so.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer

phasmid posted:

If you have any knack/desire, trying out accents on people can yield surprising results. But if you're American, don't try to sound like Dr. Who unless your mark is reeeeeal stupid.

......I seem to remember an E/N thread where some American dude faked an Australian accent and had to keep up the pretence with his unwitting girlfriend, and he was asking advice on what to do.

Or it might have been a sitcom plot.

eta muhahah no it was a thing-

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3383209&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

quote:

I know a Darfur orphan has faced considerably worse obstacles in his life, and that nothing I get into could possibly compare.

I've run into a little issue with my current girlfriend, but I guess I should start from the beginning. In high school I was always a bit nerdy - low self confidence, sneaking out of lunch to play D&D, etc. The one thing I did like to do was act, though. My one knack in acting was my ability to pick up various accents - it came very naturally to me, and soon I was receiving compliments from actual foreign students.

The one thing about high school was that I never even got so much as a girlfriend. During the summer break between senior year and college I began to do some thinking as to how to improve myself for "the best years of my life," and for whatever reason at the time I decided to adopt a completely new personality. I was no longer a nerd, but a relatively normal Australian guy named John. This sounds a bit weird, but I really got into this, started taking up new hobbies (lifting weights, watching sports) and my life effectively turned around.

And then I met my current girlfriend, Katie. She's really quite perfect in every way for me, we make each other laugh, enjoy each others' company and warmth. We've been going out for a couple of months now, and lately she's been bugging me to meet my family. The only issue is, my family is an average family from New Jersey. I can't exactly bring her back to my parents' house and sit down and have a meal with her as if everything is normal. I'm really at a loss as to what to do now, so I'm turning to the Internet for help.

Rondette fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Sep 9, 2016

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer

5er posted:

This guy is a creeper who won't tolerate any emotional bond except one to him. Dog saves the day again.

And the dog is rad as gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer

green chicken feet posted:

Is there a special term for female "nice guys", or are they called "nice girls"? Like frumpy, socially-maladjusted girls who get friendzoned because the guys would rather be with nasty bimbos wearing swastika nail decals and I <3 Satan bikinis (and not because the nice girls are awkward and offputting). I don't think this has been answered yet in the thread, although after 170+ pages I can't remember.

Also, I think this is about the best username and post combo ever:

Oh they are definitely a Thing, I was one for years until I lost a load of weight and got some self-esteem. I mooned over men, made them mix-tapes and went out drinking with them until the small hours in the vain hope that I might get a drunken confession of TRUE LOVE out of them. I was always 'a nice girl but more like a friend' which drove me crazy until one day I thought gently caress IT and lost loads of weight. I'm prone to it but thankfully I have been in a long-term and loving relationship for 7 years now and am having a kid so at least I can project onto my son if I ever split up with my partner (joke)

ETA I was basically Barb.

• Locked thread