Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Brunom1 posted:

As a matter of fact, I remember Z3.2 having more DVEs than many other recent games... even Z1, I think. If anything, it had more OG voiced events as, if my memory serves me right, Z1's only one was Setsuko screaming when Kei's bomb went off (did the Z2 OGs even have those?).

On the flip side, MX has an absurd amount of the things. I've been trying to fit them into videos as much as I can but we've had so much more of than the ones I've shown over these first missions.

I don't think the Z2 OGs have any, but Z2.1 has That Bit of Gurren Lagann. Z3.1 has Hibiki at the end. Z3.2 has loads and even goes so far as to have a voiced scene that so far has only been in an FMP novel so DVEs are definitely still going strong.

Spiritus Nox posted:

Operation Yashima gets top billing because it's loving rad, that's why. :colbert:

Also, it's worth looking up Rebuild of Evangelion's take on it if you haven't, because Ramiel (the angel) is slightly reworked to be significantly more alien and terrifying, and the whole sequence is just incredibly well animated and directed.

You can really tell that someone had a lot of fun animating Ramiel's rework, it's so cool!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Instead of Shin Great we got 5 episodes of Robot Girls Z. Thanks nerds.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Yeah salt is a common thing in a lot of places for warding off evil. It's very super robot pilot to have the logic be to crank it up to 11.

heavybassX posted:

Well yeah I had thought of that but I can't say it because getting a better unit for Boss is a secret requirement and a story spoiler.

There is no unit better than the Boss Borot. Look deep in your heart. Does MX give the Borot balloons when it flies?

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Ritsu is mad that he has a woman's face but Zeorymer is super 80s anime and half of the dudes from that era are just bishounen like that so when you're watching it you just go "wait what's wrong with his face? Oh. Oh no". And he can't cut his hair/not do the makeup (is it makeup? or tattoo? or just a pattern on their skin they all have?) because he's programmed at pretty much the genetic level to be lovely and to set himself up for maximum self-loathing.

Zeorymer is ultra dumb but also I love it for it.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Wounded Land posted:

I think ideally, Zeorymer should be a unique case of a series inclusion with nobody joining your side, just Masato being a temporary ally on relevant stages until he turns into Masaki and you have to fight him *and* the Hakke Robo, until eventually all that's left is him on the penultimate stage and you have to destroy Zeorymer all by yourselves.

You could do it as a secret: do enough flags and the merged personality ends up with nice boy as dominant and he joins, otherwise bad time blow it up. Or the other way round, mess up enough thngs and he won''t join. Maybe that makes it a bit too Shu Shirakawa though.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
The robot twins all do double inazuma kicks because Shinji and Asuka showed them true teamwork.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Thanks for another excellent LP!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
The MX crew actually interact with other things and Kai is a good dad. Aqua even talks with the Masoukishin people about what animal familiar she would want if she had one. She's also shown to be really super good at her job. Then in MD Hugo and Aqua are Mr and Miss Not Appearing In This Game with all of about 3 lines between them and two of them are Aqua going "its not a swimsuit I hate it" but what are you gonna do.

• Locked thread