Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
I'm starting to see how inflating the enemy HP to increase the difficulty might be obnoxious.

Also, I guess Vivace ate Leliel or something? Certainly looking forward to getting into the crazier bits of Eva and RahXephon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!

Rabidredneck posted:

You all might have guessed already, but the Zeorymer anime does NOT end on a happy ending, he basically DOES go full kamikaze on the Haudragon, a full-bore downer ending.

I wonder if that Kuromukuro anime might get the SRW treatment one day...

I'd want to see SRW unfuck Captain Earth, myself.

Need to finish watching Kuromukuro, though. Enjoyed the first half; don't spoil anything specific, please, but I assume it didn't poo poo the bed in the second half and stayed good?

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!
It's interesting seeing Char behave with a degree of maturity.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!
Max out the RahXephon, because I'm pretty sure its plot is going to dominate the endgame.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!
I'll admit I'm surprised Amuro is picking up on this stuff from the RahXephon bots yet hasn't noticed anything wrong about the Evangelions.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!

Rigged Death Trap posted:

The man can punch skyscrapers

Anybody can punch skyscrapers.

The difference between us doing it and Domon doing it is which one breaks.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!
Kind of wondering if becoming a Mulian in terms of synchronization to a Dolem is a matter of being linked to an alternate-universe counterpart who happens to have blue blood. Or maybe it's a personality overwrite? Doesn't help that we don't actually see many instances of people who've changed from human to Mulian, and that one of them is Hiroko (who I doubt is a typical case due to how messy we see her transition is).

Also doesn't help that it's been a decade since I last watched the show, so some of the details are a bit fuzzy.

I would suggest that anybody here who hasn't seen the show go back through updates with Haruka and Ayato interacting and reread them with the new bit of information from this update in mind.

The Sandman fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Dec 21, 2016

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!
So, yeah. Deciding to combine these two events? Dick move, game. Dick move.

The only consolation is that it's faster than Hiroko's death was in the anime, where she was desperately trying to write down her last message to Ayato as he unknowingly beat her to death. Which is why the last character in "sayonara" looks like that; she just barely finishes, and the pen is still in her hand as she dies.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!
I'm also partial to the episode that gives us a look at the past of a certain three characters. Kind of wondering how they ported that to MX, assuming they chose to do so.

And yeah, we're headed into the back third of both Evangelion and RahXephon now, episode-count wise. Although I expect we'll need to wrap up most of not all the other dangling plotlines first before we get much further into those two's stories.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!
You Don't Deserve to Know This LP's Name: Rom Stoll Improves Everything

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!

Ashsaber posted:

So, I just want to talk a little more about what I've found out from the EVA EU. Yui Ikari is just as much of a sack of poo poo as her husband.
I have to disagree with you there.

Yui is a considerably worse person than Gendo. And a worse parent.

Having Shinji there to watch his mom get eaten by a giant robot? That was intentional on Yui's part. And that's just the tip of the iceberg where Yui's concerned.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!
Basically, if the Kunugi plot here didn't grab you, go watch RahXephon.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!
So, place your bets everyone! What did Gendo whisper to Ritsuko before he shot her?

I'm personally going with "the plot won't get more confusing from here". :v:

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!

AradoBalanga posted:

I'm not sure I want to imagine a SRW made by Taro Yoko.

There would be no good endings, just choices of which bad endings are allowed to happen.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!
Bench Akito, because gently caress PoD.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!
Congratulations, Brunom!

You'll have to imagine the readers standing in a circle around you clapping their hands, though, because I suck at photoshop.

Kind of sad they didn't go more towards the TV end for RahXephon, even if I can understand the probable reasons why they didn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!
Congratulations!

So what did they do in OG to make Hugo and Aqua suck less as characters?

• Locked thread