Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Hrist posted:

A better Beta build was used for in-store demos.

Say wha? I need to see this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Twerk from Home posted:

360 and PS3 were extremely capable of large game patches, why not distribute that to users after launch?

Because that would mean working on the game some more and I don't think anyone wanted to go near that tire fire for anything more than the hard mode DLC.

Kurieg posted:

Probably because prior to 2013 Microsoft charged developers $40k to patch their games, regardless of how big or small the patch was.

Oh, that too, why pay that much to attempt to fix a broken game.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I don't think I get the tails flying mechanic. I can make tails fly by jumping, pressing up and jumping again, but every time sonic grabs his hands they both just float slowly down.

Only one time did I get tails to actually lift sonic, so I know it's possible, but I don't know what I did to make it work. What am I doing wrong here?

Once you grab onto Tails, you're controlling him and not Sonic, basically.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Edit: Does it raise the ring threshold? Fair enough then. Still didn't need him. :smugbert:

Yeah this is the main reason why Sonic 2's special stages are bullshit if you have Tails with you. The increase is usually only like 10 rings, but some stages bump it up by up to 40 rings.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

SeANMcBAY posted:

Does playing as Tails change level layouts like Knuckles?

I assume not, since I'm pretty sure Sonic and Tails had the same level layouts in the original Genesis games, whereas Knuckles had modified levels to accommodate his lower jump height emphasize exploration.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ConanThe3rd posted:

So was that bit with Knuckles recalling the last time someone tried to take the master emerald in LRZ 2 drawn by Tyson Hesse?

I'd say so, since Hesse drew the source.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

100 degrees Calcium posted:

So what does Denuvo do that's so bad? Does the fact that they are fixing the online-only thing mitigate the issues? I want Sonic Mania but I don't have loving Switch money.

https://whyisdenuvobad.github.io/

Also I don't remember if it's mentioned on that page but I think Denuvo kicks you out of the game if you have a network blip.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Kikas posted:

Also the new Sonic game coming out on all the platforms makes me weary of what the actual quality will be. The Switch and PS5 are so far apart in raw computing power it's not even funny, making games that target both systems will require some serious compromise.

Its a good thing then its a PS4 game then. :v:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Clearly the localized password should have been “E-G-G”

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

They have, but they apparently don’t have anything to show this year so they’re abstaining.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

https://twitter.com/trashbandatcoot/status/1407780139094745098

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

I'm really surprised that we've got a section for Sonic into Dreams but not CD.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

I can't believe 06 got to exist but not Heroes or Shadow.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Kikas posted:

WAIT HWERE WAS COLORS

Maybe at the end, since a remaster is coming soon?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

I did not know I needed a SimplySimon LP of Sonic 06 in my life but now I need it, I’d love to see your incredibly detailed views on this game, that’d be a fascinating take on it! :allears:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Generations is perfectly fine on PS3, I didn’t have any issues with it back in the day.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

They’ve been making a big funk the past couple months every time Chris Pratt gets announced as the Hollywood voice of a character, so maybe its just vitriol towards the guy spewing under the banner of the “HIRE ACTUAL VOICE ACTORS” crowd. :v:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

https://twitter.com/SSF1991/status/1469130889552699396

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

worms butthole guy posted:

I've been navigating the jungle of retro marketplaces looking for the perfect copy of Sonic CD. I just don't know what it is about that game but I absolutely love it. The sensation of speed, the characters, the sound of my JVC X-Eyes disc drive slowly dying, the music; its all great.

My question is have any of you played the mobile version of Sonic CD? Is it a Christian Whitehead production?

Yeah its the project that put Christian Whitehead on the map outside of romhacking/fangame circles. Its incredibly polished, includes Tails and both the US and JP soundtracks, along with the good spin dash.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Hogama posted:

No explicit word, though the livestream segment that played part of Sonic 3 had the Sonic 3 opening with the Sonic & Knuckles versions of Knuckle's theme and the mini-boss music. Like how the prototype Sonic 3 had it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=St86PQwccgc
They play it about 29 minutes in. They also show off a bit of mirror mode after that.

I'm not sure this footage really says anything about which soundtrack is being used, they were playing S3&K which I thought used the S&K versions of Knuckles' theme and the mini-boss music over the S3 ones already?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

This is the weirdest way to finally get confirmation but gently caress it, I’ll take it.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

And here are the new cheat codes.

https://twitter.com/TailsChannel/status/1555407089438269440

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

You can also enable debug mode and just drop a billion coin item boxes if you can't be bothered to farm 1-ups legit.