Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Y-Hat posted:

i used to think that Girls had the greatest disconnect between economically-advantaged culture critics and everyone else, but Hamilton has it beat by a country mile
:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

this is the only song I know from hamilton
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-POLR8qF_o

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

kill me

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

strongly agree

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

it's time for taylor swift to say something about neon genesis evangelion first though

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Jeb Bush 2012 posted:

it takes courage to start a conversation on the subway because your fellow passengers are legally and morally entitled to kill you where you stand

i have this mysterious loyall x post saved:

quote:

i definitely want to be approached by someone in a public space in los angeles or san francisco. this probably won’t be a tedious interaction with a nutjob crying sadbrain marxist, guy from calpirg telling me to buy organic and save the planet, free sample of the ramayana or whatever only it’s just a sample it really costs 30 dollars, wants my pocket change to get beack to berkeley because he or she can’t walk the mile from the asby bart back to downtown berkeley. this person probalby doesn’t smell like a garbage pail. this person probably isn’t going to stab me, rifle through my pockets, and take my crumpled up tea bag from trader joe’s brand tea and a couple quarters. this person isn’t probably going to interupt my few blessed seconds on silence away from the constant onslaught of abject, depressing stupidity which is constantly beamed at and solely directed at me by a malicious, malevolent god and his obese, perverse, and sadistic minions (other people). this complete stranger approaching me in a public space in the cities of los angeles or san francisco will probably lead to a life long friendship.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

unreal

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

e-blast rofl

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

i dunno if they got the memo but tswift is a secret alt righter obvi

the real question, as ive posed before, is why she's remaining silent on, for example, neon genesis evangelion, or anti-natalism

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

The Kingfish posted:

Her fan base is one of the most pro-Hillary demographics there is. Certainly the most pro-Hillary white demographic.

thats not exactly true in fact

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

The Kingfish posted:

Millennial women are the most pro Hillary demographic of white people.

that's not the demographic we were discussing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

The Kingfish posted:

oh ok. I kinda assumed that would be her demographic. Am I wrong?

think about it this way: if an election were held among taylor swift's fanbase, hillary would win, but djt would have enough votes to make a pop star think 'eh i dont necessarily want to alienate them'