Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

darkhand posted:

a weird face older gentleman takes his wife on a get-away retreat to their cabin in the woods

a man is obsessed with his daughter's watch

dracula

mad max 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Two friends travel to a mountain in secrecy to destroy a ring

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

canyoneer posted:

Two friends travel to a mountain in secrecy to destroy a ring

lol brokeback mountain

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!

Hogge Wild posted:

lol brokeback mountain

:vince:

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

darkhand posted:

a weird face older gentleman takes his wife on a get-away retreat to their cabin in the woods

Anti-Christ

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!

Cubone posted:

Anti-Christ

yeah!

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Seabiscuit or something else I have never seen?

no

hint: his dad also does not want any sausages

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot
Okay...it's got a singing rear end in it.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul
Here are some I posted in the last incarnation of this thread, and which no one correctly guessed.

With the help of a girl who secretly has a crush on him, a loser transforms into the world's best volleyball player.

A young man is promised he will never see the sun, again, after damaging his grandfather's car.

A man's parentage is called into question when we notice he shares traits with a brilliant, but crazy, academic.
^^ Someone actually did guess this, but in a peripheral manner: "I would say X, but that can't be it."

An agreement to behave in a depraved manner becomes a point of contention in a co-dependent, alcoholic relationship.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Turdsdown Tom posted:

no

hint: his dad also does not want any sausages

Freddy Got Fingered

Friginator posted:

The Wall

edit: whoops I mean Pink Flamingos

Cubone fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Aug 4, 2016

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Centripetal Horse posted:

An agreement to behave in a depraved manner becomes a point of contention in a co-dependent, alcoholic relationship.

Lethal Weapon

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

Love, gromdul

Raku posted:

Lethal Weapon

Huh. No, but I can sort of see that.

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot

Leaving Las Vegas

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Egbert Souse posted:

Glengarry Glen Ross

Close, but think "Springtime for Hitler".

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

Love, gromdul

Friginator posted:

Leaving Las Vegas

drat. I feel like you should get at least partial credit for this one, but that's not the movie I have in mind.

Let me go ahead and give a hint: This is a black and white classic.

Edit:

gleebster posted:

Close, but think "Springtime for Hitler".

Well, I didn't read your initial description, but I'm going to go ahead and say The Producers, and I kind of hope that's not it.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

drat. I feel like you should get at least partial credit for this one, but that's not the movie I have in mind.

Let me go ahead and give a hint: This is a black and white classic.

Edit:

Well, I didn't read your initial description, but I'm going to go ahead and say The Producers, and I kind of hope that's not it.

Nope it was "Rhinoceros", and had the same two leads, Zero Wilder and Gene Mostel.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Three people have a long talk in north-west France.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

Love, gromdul

gleebster posted:

Nope it was "Rhinoceros", and had the same two leads, Zero Wilder and Gene Mostel.

I'm pretty sure you mean Zero Pryor.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Here are some I posted in the last incarnation of this thread, and which no one correctly guessed.

With the help of a girl who secretly has a crush on him, a loser transforms into the world's best volleyball player.

A young man is promised he will never see the sun, again, after damaging his grandfather's car.

A man's parentage is called into question when we notice he shares traits with a brilliant, but crazy, academic.
^^ Someone actually did guess this, but in a peripheral manner: "I would say X, but that can't be it."

topgun

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Why would anyone guess them now?

Oh, all right...uh, "Horse Feathers", "El Topo", and Bondarchuk's "War and Peace"

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

I'm pretty sure you mean Zero Pryor.

No way, they both had a rap sheet as long a a normal person's arm.

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
He jerks off an elephant in Freddy Got Fingered not a horse

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

Love, gromdul

Was that for the volleyball one? Someone guessed that last time, and that's not it.

gleebster posted:

Why would anyone guess them now?

I have an unreasonable faith in goons.

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.

FordPRefectLL posted:

two are men worried about the same train for different reasons

3:10 to Yuma

client
Aug 19, 2010

an overweight, socially-awkward goonlord brings a girl to meet his family and an incredibly uncomfortable dinner with his brothers only gets crazier when grandpa joins the party

Cubone
May 26, 2011

client posted:

an overweight, socially-awkward goonlord brings a girl to meet his family and an incredibly uncomfortable dinner with his brothers only gets crazier when grandpa joins the party

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

client
Aug 19, 2010

Cubone posted:

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

lol drat that was fast

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy

Amarcarts posted:

3:10 to Yuma

yes

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

a dentist is deprived of joy for him and his family

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

FordPRefectLL posted:

a dentist is deprived of joy for him and his family

Little shop of Horrors.

With Iggy on the radio, A creepy guy spies on a woman in the opposite apartment, her latest project gathers itself and then stuff happens, I guess?

staberind fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Aug 4, 2016

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

no

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Friginator posted:

shrek

TheUltimateDoofus
May 21, 2016
Two cops team up to get back a kidnapped daughter.

Carter and Lee head to Hong Kong for vacation, but become embroiled in a counterfeit money scam.

After an attempted assassination on Ambassador Han, Lee and Carter head to Paris to protect a French woman with knowledge of the Triads' secret leaders.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

Love, gromdul

TheUltimateDoofus posted:

Two cops team up to get back a kidnapped daughter.

Carter and Lee head to Hong Kong for vacation, but become embroiled in a counterfeit money scam.

After an attempted assassination on Ambassador Han, Lee and Carter head to Paris to protect a French woman with knowledge of the Triads' secret leaders.

Unless this is a very clever trick, those are Rush Hours 1-3, and those descriptions are not particularly abstract.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Raku posted:

Next round:

1. A small town is thrown into strife after a rich playboy sleeps with a farmer's wife.

2. A father goes to extraordinary lengths to restore a connection with his estranged son. Meanwhile at work he's also got to deal with his overbearing upper management and bumbling subordinates.

3. Brothers struggle with each other's larger than life personalities while the neighborhood decays.

Before I forget

1. Rob Roy

2. The Empire Strikes Back

3. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Amarcarts posted:

He jerks off an elephant in Freddy Got Fingered not a horse

try watching the first 5 minutes of the movie again because right after he gets the keys to the car and starts driving, he pulls over and jiggles a horse dong

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
1. A man arranges an organized protest against the unfair treatment of poor locals while struggling with his double life.

2. A grieving widower takes his son out to the boondocks to start a new job and life away from it all.

3. A smalltown girl needs advice. A creepy stranger obsesses over her fashion choices.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

Love, gromdul

Raku posted:

3. A smalltown girl needs advice. A creepy stranger obsesses over her fashion choices.

E/N.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

gently caress I gotta give that one a passing grade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

break dad's orb

• Locked thread