Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
:siren: FANTASY FOOTBALL IS HERE! :siren:

We're doing a 12-man Yahoo Keeper league with a $30 buy-in. We started last year two years 3 years ago and we have until the draft to pick our keepers from last year.

I'm sending out emails and PMs to all of last year's players. I'll update the team list as it goes along.

GO!

# SA - Yahoo
1. internet inc - mr. noodles - RENEWED :homebrew: Doodled
2. dalstrs - Taco - RENEWED :homebrew: Doodled
3. ffoecaf - Hernandez Body Count - RENEWED :homebrew: Doodled
4. wandler20 - The Dougernauts - RENEWED :homebrew:
5. Yoshifan823 - Steve Smith Fight Co - RENEWED :homebrew: Doodled
6. U Deflated Bro? - RENEWED :homebrew: Doodled
7. moghow - no use for a team - RENEWED :homebrew: Doodled
8. 5436 - TonyStewartRacing - RENEWED :homebrew: Doodled
9. dewey7788 - Cutty Does It - RENEWED :homebrew: Doodled
10. Gyshall - The Green Bastards -> Von Bonez NEW GUY :homebrew: Doodled
11. Respekt - California Burritos -> blue squares NEW GUY :homebrew: Doodled
12. RCarr - Ryan C’s Rad Team -> Frustrated NEW GUY :homebrew: Doodled

:homebrew: = PAID

RULES:

Snake draft, Yahoo Standard Scoring
QB, WR, WR, W/R/T, RB, RB, TE, K, D/ST, 6x BN
3 keepers per year (max) and I'm blocking the first 2 rounds for keepers status since we voted to keep players as long as we want.
3 divisions, 6 playoff spots with 3 byes. #1 seed of every division advances, the other 3 go into the playoffs with their overall records. In other words, we could have playoffs with all of division 1 and the winners of division 2 and 3.
Waiver period is 2 days and will work as a continual rolling list, meaning you can hold on to your waiver pick for as long as you want.
The penalty for keeper status is +1 draft round per year and you can keep these players for as long as you want.
Payouts will be 60% for the playoff winner, 30% for second place, and 10% for third place.
I will be collecting your money through PayPal.

My PayPal is still internet.incorporated at Google's mail service.

I'm hoping everyone comes back for season 4 since it's a little harder to find new players in keepers leagues. If not, I'll be taking names for replacements.

Doodle: http://doodle.com/poll/rbvw23nmg7eigf6q

Let's do this!

internet inc fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Aug 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
I just realized every single person already renewed on the day I activated the league back in June but I have a hard time believing that no one missed it. Lemme know what's what.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I'm in and payment sent.

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

At least this way my kill will have some use
Dinosaur Gum
I'm in, will send payment today or tomorrow.

edit: payment sent!

dalstrs fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Aug 4, 2016

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I'm in. Will get payment sent within the next week or so.

ffoecaf
Sep 17, 2005

Get Off My Lawn
I'm in again

dewey7788
Oct 10, 2004

Don't Toews me bro!
Payment sent!

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

Wait list please.

Jul 11, 2003

by astral
I'm in

Jul 11, 2003

by astral
Paid, any draft time is okay but I'm east coast and work 10am-7pm.

ffoecaf
Sep 17, 2005

Get Off My Lawn
Paid

Also, question. When you say the first two rounds are blocked, does that mean that a player drafted in the 1st or 2nd last year is blocked, or does that mean a keeper that would cost a 1st or 2nd this year is blocked? I've seen it mean both, tho usually it means the first.

Basically, can I keep someone that cost a 3rd last season?

ffoecaf fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Aug 15, 2016

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
Yeah, you can.

Only the players who were picked in the first 2 rounds cannot be kept the following year.

The guy you picked in the third round last year will cost you a second round pick this year, so you won't be able to keep him next season.

So, these guys:

Frank Gore
Rob Gronkowski
Aaron Rodgers
Adrian Peterson
Eddie Lacy
DeMarco Murray
Matt Forte
Drew Brees
Alfred Morris
Demaryius Thomas
Brandin Cooks
Marshawn Lynch
Jamaal Charles
AJ Green
Calvin Johnson
Melvin Gordon
Randall Cobb
Lamar Miller
Julio Jones

That's only 19 players so I guess 5 of them ended up on the waivers and stayed there. Also please don't keep retired players.

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
Also I forgot that, since last year, Yahoo can manage money leagues and it would've saved me the trouble of getting everyone's cash and sending it back to the winners. :(

I need to remember this poo poo for next year. Has anyone tried it? Is it good?

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

internet inc posted:

That's only 19 players so I guess 5 of them ended up on the waivers and stayed there. Also please don't keep retired players.

Hey now, if someone wants to hold on to Peyton Manning who are we to judge?

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
Still no answer from RCarr, Gyshall, and Respekt and we're running out of time so I'll be giving out their spots. :(

Its Miller Time, are you still in?

These are the teams we're replacing:

RCarr:

Gyshall:

Respekt:

I was thinking of doing a first come first serve deal but I fear we might end up stuck with one bad team and no one to take it. How about I give the teams randomly to the (hopefully) 3 new guys?

And just in case you don't get keeper penalties here's how it would go if you were to get Respekt's team:

Keep Brandon Marshall and he'll cost you a 3rd round pick.
Keep Andre Ellington and he'll cost you a 2nd round pick.
You can't keep either Jamaal Charles, Demariyus Thomas, Brandon Cooks or Marshawn Lynch.
A player who wasn't drafted like Coby Fleener would cost you a 12th round pick.
If you keep 2 undrafted players it would cost you a 12th and an 11th round picks.

I think that covers all scenarios.

Who's in?!?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I''ll join up

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
There's only 2 spots left then!

Should we do a 10-man league if no one wants the remaining teams? We've never had problems filling the spots before but I can't say I'm confident we'll get 2 more before we draft.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

if we do 10, will I get to choose?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

internet inc posted:

There's only 2 spots left then!

Should we do a 10-man league if no one wants the remaining teams? We've never had problems filling the spots before but I can't say I'm confident we'll get 2 more before we draft.

I'd be fine with this.

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
I thought RCarr disappeared off the face of the earth since he's not answering emails and PMs but I just realized he posted here in early august. :ohdear:

E: He also filled in the Doodle. :confused:

RCarr posted:

I'm in. Will get payment sent within the next week or so.

blue squares posted:

if we do 10, will I get to choose?

Also if we go to 10 teams I think I would have to give you a team randomly just to keep it fair for everyone. I'm sure a few of us here would jump on the 12th-round Rawls team in a heartbeat.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

internet inc posted:

I thought RCarr disappeared off the face of the earth since he's not answering emails and PMs but I just realized he posted here in early august. :ohdear:

hes been posting in the FF main thread so you could go there and hit him up.

Also I have not paid yet because I haven't been invited to anything and locked it in. With the RCarr confusion I'm going to wait until it is figured out. If you have to bump me for him so that you can have an even number of teams it's cool

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house

blue squares posted:

hes been posting in the FF main thread so you could go there and hit him up.

Also I have not paid yet because I haven't been invited to anything and locked it in. With the RCarr confusion I'm going to wait until it is figured out. If you have to bump me for him so that you can have an even number of teams it's cool

I looked him up and he has been posting in there indeed. It gave me the idea of trying to recruit people there, too. Hopefully he sees the post and/or we find the necessary players to do a 12-man.

I can't invite you to anything yet because we don't know who gets what team. Don't worry about the $, it can wait until everything's cool. Consider your spot secure though. I don't have time to mess around with the season starting soon.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
I'll take the green bastards. When is the draft? Standard scoring? Will we know who is being kept well in advance of said draft?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

CompeAnansi posted:

I'll take the green bastards. When is the draft? Standard scoring? Will we know who is being kept well in advance of said draft?

you don't get to choose the team, also read the OP for settings and info

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

blue squares posted:

you don't get to choose the team, also read the OP for settings and info

I read the OP. Literally none of my questions are answered in the OP, i just double checked. And why advertise the available teams if you can't pick?

EDIT: Ah I see, a middle post said its random. If its random, I'm out. Good luck finding people to take those other two teams!

CompeAnansi fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Aug 23, 2016

Von Bonez
Apr 13, 2012
I'll join if you still need someone.

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

Just saw the post in the main thread, I'll take a spot if it's still open.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Sorry, I was planning on coming back but I'm really tight on money at the moment. Feel free to give my spot away. I wouldn't be able to pay for another few weeks.

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house

RCarr posted:

Sorry, I was planning on coming back but I'm really tight on money at the moment. Feel free to give my spot away. I wouldn't be able to pay for another few weeks.

Aw man, that sucks! :(

Von Bonez posted:

I'll join if you still need someone.

Frustrated posted:

Just saw the post in the main thread, I'll take a spot if it's still open.

The spots are yours! Fill in the Doodle and give me your emails (here or in PMs if you prefer).

I know the 3 available teams aren't exactly balanced and you might end up with the short end of the stick but keep in mind only 30 or so players are kept and you can still get a very good draft in. Two years ago we had a replacement come in who didn't keep anyone and now has Cam Newton for a 5th, Odell Beckham for a 12th, and David Johnson for a 13th.

Also, does anyone have an idea on how to randomly assign the teams? I'd have to have one of you as a spectator or something.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

internet inc posted:

Aw man, that sucks! :(

The spots are yours! Fill in the Doodle and give me your emails (here or in PMs if you prefer).

I know the 3 available teams aren't exactly balanced and you might end up with the short end of the stick but keep in mind only 30 or so players are kept and you can still get a very good draft in. Two years ago we had a replacement come in who didn't keep anyone and now has Cam Newton for a 5th, Odell Beckham for a 12th, and David Johnson for a 13th.

Also, does anyone have an idea on how to randomly assign the teams? I'd have to have one of you as a spectator or something.

https://www.random.org/lists/

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
No one is going to spectate that, though.

I want to be as transparent as possible but if you guys don't care I can do this offline.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

We're three random guys so I don't care. You have no reason to play favorites

Von Bonez
Apr 13, 2012
Offline is fine with me.

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house

blue squares posted:

We're three random guys so I don't care. You have no reason to play favorites

True. But you're also a Cowboys fan IIRC and that's reason enough for me to give you the short end of the st

I found a half-assed way to do it, though. I'll randomize the draft order on the Yahoo page. Everyone sees the results and it won't let me re-roll without letting you guys know.

blue squares is temporarily California Burritos
Von Bonez is temporarily The Green Bastards
Frustrated is temporarily Ryan C's Rad Team

Whoever has the lowest draft # actually gets California Burritos' team.
Whoever has the highest draft # actually gets Ryan C's Rad Team.
Whoever is in the middle actually gets The Green Bastards' team.

Then I assign the teams and re-roll the actual draft order.

Sounds like overkill but meh. I'll do it later tonight or when I get Frustrated's Doodle/confirmation.

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

Singed in with Doodle and paid through paypal!

Two of those teams aren't great, but they all have at least two keepers. I'm fine with however you want to random it.

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house

Frustrated posted:

Singed in with Doodle and paid through paypal!

Two of those teams aren't great, but they all have at least two keepers. I'm fine with however you want to random it.

You rock.

Actually props to all you newcomers for being quick to Doodle and pay. Really makes it easier for me!

Now. The best Doodle is a 10 out of 12 on Wed 7th @ 10pm EST. Those of you who filled the form long ago could go back and see if you can make other days work or stretch those hours a bit. I'm not asking for the impossible but maybe your schedule changed in the last 2 weeks or something.

internet inc fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Aug 23, 2016

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house

internet inc posted:

blue squares is temporarily California Burritos
Von Bonez is temporarily The Green Bastards
Frustrated is temporarily Ryan C's Rad Team

Whoever has the lowest draft # actually gets California Burritos' team.
Whoever has the highest draft # actually gets Ryan C's Rad Team.
Whoever is in the middle actually gets The Green Bastards' team.

Then I assign the teams and re-roll the actual draft order.

1. U Deflated Bro?
2. Ryan C's Rad...
3. No use for a...
4. The Green Ba...
5. The Dougernauts
6. Cutty Does It
7. California B...
8. Steve Smith ...
9. Hernandez Bo...
10. mr. noodles
11. TonyStewartR...
12. Taco

Frustrated gets California Burritos' team.
Von Bonez gets Ryan C's Rad Team.
blue squares gets The Green Bastards' team.

I sent out the emails. Once everyone has joined, I'll re-randomize the draft order.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

nice, I got the good team. I think? What does it mean that the first two rounds are blocked for keeper status?

blue squares fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Aug 24, 2016

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

blue squares posted:

nice, I got the good team. I think? What does it mean that the first two rounds are blocked for keeper status?

I think you can only keep a guy who was drafted in round 3 or later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Frustrated posted:

I think you can only keep a guy who was drafted in round 3 or later.

oops. guess I should have read the thread

• Locked thread