Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Oh, neat! Personally I would've liked to see you use SPERG (in short it's a perk overhaul that makes perks much more interesting) but I'll be keeping an eye on this for sure.

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Aug 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

IAmTheRad posted:

No mods? At all? Not even the unofficial legendary patch?

What kind of monster wouldn't leave bugs intact?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Better odds of readily available drugs under racist hicks than under centralized government. Stormcloak.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Actually, there IS a stamina-restoring spell, sort of. One of the Restoration perksfeats makes healing spells restore stamina on top of the health benefits they offer.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

VolticSurge breaking new ground with his hot Skyrim takes.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Please do not put Mr. Puffles' claws in animals.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

FrozenCherry posted:

Question is: should Mr. Puffles get married?

The real question is should Mr. Puffles build his own house?

yes

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Grizzwold posted:

Holy poo poo I forgot how bad the default UI in Skyrim was. UZ, why would you do this to yourself?

Yeah. I know you're trying to avoid mods, but SkyUI is one that I would implore you to use immediately.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Esbern is 100% my favorite follower by virtue of what a sad, lovely man he is.

Just look at him.

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Aug 16, 2016

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Marcurio would cover our unwillingness to use magic nicely.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Can I change my vote to a write-in for Kharjo?

If you find him, of course.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Here we see a still of Mr. Puffles' first encounter with the frost troll under UZworm's original encoding settings.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

What happened? Is Mr. Puffles okay? :ohdear:

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

What, you're not going to do Dragonborn? That's disappointing.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

No, it's my turn to complain. :colbert:

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Aug 25, 2016

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I have a two-step plan:

1) Do Sven's follower quest.

2) Rectify the lack of shout demonstration in this video.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Ah, but how many strides does it take for the player character?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

UZworm posted:

NoMansSky.rim

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

All right, time to air my grievances with perks. Most of the perks in this game can be described as "put 1-5 points in me for the most numbers". It's the worst, going so far as to force the player to overlook what few interesting perks there are in favor of gaining optimal damage. On the other hand, there's SPERG, my most favorite mod.

Now, you all know those perks that read something like "bows deal 20/40/60/80/100% more damage" by this point. These are the worst offenders, and SPERG does this thing where the novice perk of every skill (read: a perk that you automatically have regardless of skill rank or point investment) just makes your skill's damage or effectiveness scale with your rank in that skill. Similarly, it actually gives you perks for free at every 25th skill rank, and they're unique. Y'know, like what an Elder Scrolls does.

On top of everything else, the perks in SPERG are just better and more interesting overall. Here's a good handful:

Two-Handed

Counterattack (Master-rank automatic perk) with a two-handed weapon has a 20% chance to trigger a counterattack, making your next attack 150% faster. If it's a power attack, it costs no stamina.
Limbsplitter - Attacks with battleaxes deal 50% more critical damage. Power attacks with all weapons are 20% more likely to critically hit.
Skullcrusher - Standing power attacks with warhammers have a 30% chance to daze the target. Attacks with all weapons ignore 50% of armor.
Sunder Armor - Two-handed forward power attacks destroy the target's shield if blocked and have a 30% chance to destroy a piece of the target's armor if unblocked.

Light Armor

Strategic Retreat - When an attack brings your health below 20%, you gain a burst of speed for 10 seconds. This effect can only occur once every 30 seconds.
Skirmish Tactics - Perks which affect power attacks have a lesser effect on regular attacks as well.

Alteration

Adaptation (Adept-rank automatic perk) - You gain the ability to breathe underwater. Most waterbreathing potions, spells, and enchantments give you the ability to walk on water instead.
Spell Charge - Single cast spells are 15% more effective for each second spent casting them (max 45% increase).
Magic Resistance - Blocks 30% of a spell's effects.
Chain Casting - Destruction spells charge with each spell cast. At max charge, dual casting a spell allows you to cast double damage spells at no magicka cost for 5 seconds, but afterwards the charge will reset.

Restoration

Ward Absorb - Wards recharge your magicka when hit with spells. Melee attackers that strike your ward have a 30% chance to be staggered.
Concentration - Magicka regenerates at its full rate even in combat.
Guardian - Nearby allies regenerate 6 health per second in combat. Time slows when their health drops below 10%. This can only occur once every 30 seconds.

Note that these all give you reasons to invest in the perk trees beyond wanting to be better at that particular skill. Note that they make your character better and change the way you play. Note that these perks are actually perks by virtue of the fact that they do jack poo poo at all, blowing the vanilla game's offerings out of the water.

Anyway, that's why y'all should use SPERG and why Skyrim's perks suck.

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Sep 3, 2016

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

The word you're looking for is warhammerlock.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

UZworm posted:

I am so happy someone giffed that.

Also, I'm calling off the Paarthurnax vote not only because I've now recorded the final few videos of the main quest, but because Don't kill was handily winning it.

A new vote will be coming soon, and this one will be veeery interesting!

Yes, gently caress the orc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Poil posted:

I bet the elderscrolls are just really bad erotic fan fiction and that's why they make people blind.

Or really GOOD erotic fan fiction.

• Locked thread