Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

Tae posted:

Here's a depressing story about humanity related to that scene

This reminds me of something I remember reading about the Saint's Row series, and how they had to remove female police officers from the third game because the testers felt uncomfortable killing them. Like, how can you be so unaware of your sexist viewpoints?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

sleepy.eyes posted:

About frogs being turtles, the Germans agree with you Ironicus! Turtle translates to Schildkröte. Schild = shield, kröte = toad. A turtle is a shield toad!

German animal names and their direct translations are the best thing.

I don't know much German, but it always seems like its vocabulary is ~45% compound words. I love it.

"Caca" in Spanish has the same pronunciation and has (obviously) the same Latin root, but isn't considered nearly as crude.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

I'll admit to grinning like an idiot through the whole chase scene, and then tearing up through the Elena scene. That is some drat good storytelling.

The variety of locales present in the chase was the most impressive. We go through: a crowded market, dense downtown, water under a bridge, rice paddies, scattered shanties, and finally ending at a cargo dock. Astounding.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Sam trying to convince Nate to continue searching for the treasure really reminded me of dealing with my own older brother (who was addicted to narcotics) a few years ago. It hit really close to home for me and also made me detest Sam quite a bit. He knows that he has a lot of influence on Nate, and he's not hesitant to selfishly capitalize on it. I understand that he's been cooped up for over a decade, but drat it's still hard for me to personally sympathize with him.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

TheLoser posted:

Chip, if you're sure about not playing multiplayer, you should at least show off the best thing about it.

That video repeated for me twice before I realized it was auto-looping. Mesmerizing.

• Locked thread