Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"

"Of course I am here, after all it's my job to be one step ahead of the criminal element!"

And it is for this reason that Stanley is inside the vault right now, on suggestion of his comrade in arms Sagacity Wise in order to catch this miscreant in the act. Although he was very unsure why she followed that up with a muttered conversation to the rest of his adopted team about 'live bait' after he had agreed to stay the night in the store. Just for security reasons of course, the owner had been a bit resistant at first but calm words from Tabitha had swayed him to assist in this sting.

At this moment with the amazing power of 20/20 hindsight, Stanley found himself watching the slowly melting wall in front of him as the giant caterpillar secreted it's way into the jewel vault, and realized that maybe making sure the door was securely locked from the outside was a very bad idea.

He had felt pretty good when he helped figure out the perp's powers, and all he really had to do on that front was collect the unusual slime left at the scene of the perp's last crime, and called on a favor from an old friend in the Old Neo Tokyo Forensics Laboratory to take a look at the substance. Through their perceptive rituals and strange alchemys they had determined the substance to be incredibly similar to the kind of secretions from the common 'Wall Burrower Caterpillar that is quite the pest in the summer time in Old Neo Tokyo. This would explain how the perp was able to break into even fortified vaults without any traces of expended magic or blasting powder, it is merely a result of a natural ability available to a common insect, with increased potency due to it's increased size.

It's very increased size. Some might say, gigantic size. Seeing the power in use up close was upsetting him very much at this point.

He really hopes the rest of the Dream Corp's gets here soon.

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Aug 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Condition: Ready, Experience: 1/5, Location: Jewel Vault

Meanwhile in the party vault, Stanley is perched on top of the small wooden table in the room, knees hugged to his chest playing 'The floor is made of lava'. Except the floor is actually covered in potent acid slime instead. This wasn't much better from Stanley's point of view.

Okay right I am in a position to do some ad-hoc investigating, so let's give it some of the old

STANLEY PIBBLEWIFF NATURAL TALENT EXAMINATION SKILLS (Trademark)

Using the PIBBLEWIFF eyes on the STRANGE ACIDIC SUBSTANCE left by the GIANT CATERPILLAR Stanley carefully concludes that...

21:18 TheNabster Trying to figure things out in Anime Hearts
21:18 TheNabster !r 2d6
21:18 Krysmbot TheNabster, 4 = 4
21:18 TheNabster loving noooooothiiiiing

I still get to ask a question, and then get punched in the face.

>What is my enemy vulnerable to?

It's really acidic, and also the table that Stanley was standing on to avoid the encroaching acidic puddle was starting to corrode a little "Oh botheration my table is starting to melt!"

"Guys! Guys the acid is starting to seep into the room I am in, I would like not to be melted on the job guys!"

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Sep 2, 2016

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Condition: Ready, Experience: 1/5, Location: Jewel Vault

"Oh goooods" Stanley squealed as the the small area of table that wasn't in contact with the acid suddenly started to melt into it as he held onto the table edge for dear life. This wasn't a great idea at all and he was very desperatly scrambling to keep away from it

Well bum. Time to meet my maker
No wait, there is a way out of this, and it could actually work Stanley.

And almost on que, he observed the baking soda hit the acidic mush, and watched the reaction take place. The acid started to sizzle and then stopped completly. Ah right, basic science. You put an alkaline substance in an acidic substance and you're left with just water thought Stanley Now I wonder if I can just reach across with my sword without this guy noticing annnnd...

19:56 TheNabster Rolling for Animu Stuff
19:57 TheNabster !r 2d6
19:57 Krysmbot TheNabster, 7 = 7

On a 6,7,8, you flinch, hesitate, or stall: the MK will tell you what bad thing will occur if you are to succeed.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

I'm not sure who hasn't gone yet, I think everyone has. I'll cede control to Crepes Suzette.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Stanley stumbled out of the vault, fell in line next to his comrades and clattered to attention.

"Apologies for the collateral sir! I wish to report that all parties are safe and sound sir! I can confirm that nothing was stolen from the vault Sir!"

He hoped that if he drove through the questions with all the official decorum of his position, that no one would call attention to his lack of clothing. 'At the very least' thought Stanley 'I'm wearing clean underwear'

• Locked thread