Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is this show
Gay?
Sad?
Sad and Gay?
What the hell is wrong with you people?
View Results

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Ground floor baby

https://twitter.com/AlyssaTies/status/763981980555816960

https://twitter.com/Peridut/status/764177086655393797

Sushi in Yiddish fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Aug 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

"I'm Zoroastrian and my husband doesn't even know it!"

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Pick posted:

Shipping is a thing people do but like... The shows gonna do its thing, so.

Luke/Leia shipper circa 1983

"aw, dangit George"

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Funky Valentine posted:

Got in a little subforum jam
So they put a rifle in my hand
Sent me off to a forum land
To go and kill the NaruHina man

Booooorn watchin' A-ni-me
(I was)

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Chibs posted:

Bort, son of Nart

We are out of Boruto headbands, repeat we are OUT of Boruto headbands

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

The wrost shipping is the tarzan/treasure planet/the bad guy from ozmosis jones community:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahVKiBDMBHw

I gotta respect someone who put more time and effort into this insane youtube video than the creators of either of the three films.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

axleblaze posted:

Looking back it's weird to think Peridot's first appearance had her crushing a broken robot underneath her boots.

"You know she really cuts through the robots like butter, they're really quite useless"

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

PicklePants posted:

They showed this last night, before it switched over to Adult Swim.

Pretty drat neat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B82DvhHxNdM

It's a good recording but this one edges it out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zg-T1UUkEdQ

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Macaluso posted:

Guys it's an avatar on an online forum. It's not that big of a deal if you guys have the same one

Just think of it this way. Same Gem...different facets.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

RandomFerret posted:

I only started watching it last year and I wouldn't have known Gernet was a fusion if I hadn't checked the wiki after Sugilite's first appearance to see if that was really who it sounded like.

At the time there was a big blue box at the top of the page that said LIST OF FUSIONS which ruined the Garnet reveal and Stevonnie, which was even worse. Looks like they've have changed the page layout since then. Fuckers.

I started watching every episode with a friend right after and got to see the surprise vicariously through her, at least. It went something like:

Who's that? Is that Garnet? Why's she so tiny?

Ruby? Have we met a Ruby? Oh, who's that? She looks cool

Aw, they're in love! Wait, are they- ARE THEY GARNET? HOLY poo poo GARNET'S A FUSION! HOLY poo poo GARNET'S SINGING!!

I was lookin' up the name of the lead actor for a British tv show I liked and right there on the Wikipedia there was a "This character is murdered at the start of season 3" right in the middle of the description.

I just started the second season and it's like well, poo poo.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

SwimmingSpider posted:

I took a look at Takafumi Hori's Twitter and he's apparently a huge Seven Universe fan, judging by how many tweets he has about it. Thats really sweet :3:

same

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Motherfucker posted:

That picture is mad spooky.

Like, maybe its the shadow falling across the monolithic face, the tired gaze over the tiny gaily colored plastic miniatures. There's no innocence in that eye, nothing about it suggests it is seeing any joy... Just a selection of vinyl shapes. That hostile alien gaze isn't interested in the show, its merely the obligated gaze of a deviant selecting which miniature its going to place in its rear end in a top hat for another dreary mid afternoon wank.

It's an Alternate Universe Griffin's Amiibo Corner...

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Shima Honnou posted:

What's the deal with Pops? There's like zero detail or craftsmanship in them and then on top of that they take up more space than a regular figure probably would. So they're big and designed to be just barely recognizable as the character they are.

They have an incredible licensing department and the low detail probably makes it extremely easy to design+mass produce =max profit=more license holders want to get in on it.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

TinTower posted:

CLAP FOR THE TWO GEM TAG TEAM CHAMPS AND FEEL THE POWAH!

Man, do I want a beach city wrestling sequel ep with the New Day

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

EVG posted:

Every copy I can find falls apart and freezes/jumbles/sound goes out of sync in the middle of Garnet's song. SIGH.

EDIT: Finally got through it. Wow. That's a heavy episode. So much for my guess that we had a really hard-core start to the season and the rest would be light-hearted townies!

This is definitely a counter to people who said that Steven's been through a ton of poo poo and doesn't seem really bothered by what has happened

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

I really like that Stevonnie says "Thanks m'aam" to Pearl just like Connie does.

Man was this episode beautifully drawn/animated

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

misadventurous posted:

Good lord this show is breathtakingly good sometimes. Like, not just in a quality sense but actually socially, morally good. I'm yet another person that has benefited greatly from CBT and mindfulness meditation, and seeing those concepts expressed to young folks in a catchy, beautifully animated song is amazing.

(Co)incidentally, this was episode #108!

Hopefully they ring a bell when they finish each episode

This was a pretty effective way to teach about mindfulness, meditation and attachment in a short episode

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

MrSlam posted:

I want more MST3K cast members on the show. Mike Nelson as Mayor Dewey's rival from New Ocean Town. Trace Beaulieu or Mary Jo Pehl as the governor.

yes, yes and yeah!

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Say Nothing posted:

Fusion Pearl looks shocked.

Stevonnie will eventually just be wearing Chinese clothes to properly close the Ranma loop

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

thexerox123 posted:

Oh man. I only got into The Adventure Zone a couple of weeks ago, but this still makes me so drat happy. :D

Oh MAN you are in for a hell of a ride (if you haven't binged on all of the eps yet). Some of the finest storytelling, huge laughs and surprisingly poignant stuff too. I would pray to Pan to get a Adventure Zone short animated by folks from the Crewniverse someday.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Swedish Horror posted:

"Now you're a criminal!"
"Now? I've been a criminal for 6000 years.."

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Looking forward to the eventual DMV episode

Pearl: I would like to purchase a driving license

DMV: Where are you from?

Pearl: We are from....France...

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Steven Universe turned into a hardcore Pearl station so slowly none of us noticed

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Waffleman_ posted:

*Jolts awake from fitful nightmares*

ANDY NEEDS TO GO FOR FRIES AT THE CITY SO HE CAN SAY "YO FRYMAN"

There has to be an 99 percent chance this happens

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

https://twitter.com/cartoonnetwork/status/805502094631374848

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

twistedmentat posted:

I cannot believe i just realized that Brian Poshen is Sour Cream, he's using the exact same voice he used as Jim on Mission Hill, my favorite canceled before its time show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_2KUXDACoU

I hope to someday hear Sour Cream yell "DUDE you're OUT THERE!" at some crazy story Steven tells

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Free love is too tame for him :cool:

sounds like you understand the concept of love~

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Acebuckeye13 posted:

The Peanuts joke was great.

Also, drat, what an emotionally heavy episode.

The lines around Steven's eyes and auugh were such a perfect Charlie Brown reference

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Shima Honnou posted:

If you pay close attention, you can tell whether someone in the room is real or fake by only by listening to their laugh.

pretty good analysis. This could mean a lot to the lore...

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Gann Jerrod posted:

Just saw the leaked preview, this is going to be good. My favorite line was "THEY HATE MEN?!".

Renaldo always was just a step away from being Alex Jones, Jr.

Chemicals in the water!!
Makin' the Rocks gay!!

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Watching an interview with Grace Jones and am now embarrassed I didn't get that Garnet is definitely based on her until just now

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Samovar posted:

It's what's on his head.

On his heeeaaad.

Zombie, zombie, zombie-e-e-e.

I respect this post. Excellent riffing

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

The twins are definitely based on the Duckman characters right?

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Love that Lars is now the robot from flcl

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Gann Jerrod posted:

I know everyone's been comparing Blue Zircon to Phoenix Wright, but I had another lawyer in mind: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Esy8c4qY5M

I lost it at the blue haired lawyer voice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

QwertySanchez posted:

That squares my breasts.

good robot rumpus deep cut