Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is this show
Gay?
Sad?
Sad and Gay?
What the hell is wrong with you people?
View Results

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
I'm sorry but the fact connie goes in for a kiss at the end doesn't mesh with my shipping projections, therefore this .gif is bad and frankly incorrect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

If the jasper pillow isn't actually a cover for a bag of concrete I dunno what the gently caress to tell you.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

ICHIBAHN posted:

Is there anything similar to Steven uni?

Dragon Ball Z and Dragon Ball Z abridged

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

argh my rock blood!!

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20Z8cHac6cg

Guess what I found!!

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Because I had to hear it and now you did as well.

If only the bravest of the lamps was here to share this fanfic experience with me.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

What the gently caress is going on.

a hiatus. Enjoy some fanfics and the eventual descent into madness

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Poison Mushroom posted:

I wonder if it's coincidence that the Kindergarten drills look like bacteriophage.

nah its not, the joke is homeworld gems are a fuckin' disease.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

normal dude is confused and outraged by the crystal gems and their destruction of his property.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

MrSlam posted:

What did somebody say to Amethyst for her to make that face?

"Rose is technically dead and this weird human grub has her gem"

"Also her literally dying wish was for us not to throw this thing off a cliff to get her back."

Motherfucker fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Nov 26, 2016

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Kuvira did nothing wrong

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

abraham linksys posted:

Can we talk about how it's canon that Pearl almost fuckin killed Steven to bring back Rose :stare:

I figured this'd be shown at some point, I mean its the easy answer to a very thorny (from a gem's perspective) problem. The funny part is she absolutely would have done it had rose not ordered her not to.

guess they really are aliens!

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I want more sitting around remembering stuff episodes.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Pencil me as 5 and 7 pretty much constantly.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

BioEnchanted posted:

I always liked the metaphor I read on here a few years ago comparing this to TTGo and Gumball (Paraphrased)

The latter two are the kids who're trying to be cool and popular, drawing attention to how unique they are in a somewhat loud manner, kinda like "Ya like stop motion? We have clay, papercraft, any craft you want! We have funny jokes and wacky adventures! We reference all your favourite stuff that you like! Come play with us! PLEASE LIKE US!"

Steven Universe is the kid who doesn't give two shits. You only notice him one day when strolling along the beach and seeing him and 3 of his friends hanging out around a barbecue pit. A conversation with him goes like:
"Hey, We're having a little barbecue. You wanna join us?"
"Nah, not right now. I'm kinda busy"
"Cool, cool. Well if ever you want to come, you know where we are. :cool:"

That's a lovely metaphor and also makes you- or whoever wrote it, seem like they ascribe way too much of their personal identity and hangups into the children's cartoons they watch and enjoy.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

RottenK posted:

trying to get children killed in combat is not a proper way to deal with loss

pretty sure you don't know the proper way for aliens to grieve you racist. Its 2016.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Just ram 'em all together all the time, every second episode should be about fusion

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

nerdman42 posted:

I don't think there are any bad episodes, just some significantly less good than others.

Onion gang was a loving garbage fire and I hate it and if you like it I hate you.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Who What Now posted:

Jesus, did the episode rape your dog or something? Calm down, dude.

I'm literally shaking.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

RottenK posted:

hope our crew doesn't have to fight her, Patrick is incredibly powerful

MY NAMES NOT RIIIICK

Blasphemeral posted:

I may be misinterpreting what poster Who What Now meant, but I'm pretty sure that wasn't at all a "rape joke". (S/)he was wondering what possible horrible thing episode "Onion Gang" of children's television cartoon Steven Universe could have possibly done to elicit such a response from forum poster Motherfucker, and jumped to the worst thing (s/)he could think of, as that seems to fit the response that poster Motherfucker was describing.

In other words, everyone is overreacting babies itt.

Onion Gang was intentionally squirm-inducing, but otherwise an unobjectionable episode of television.

guy probably thought my posts were serious business because there are people with genuinely strong opinions about children's cartoons on this forum.

Motherfucker fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Dec 21, 2016

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

SlothfulCobra posted:

It's his right as a human being to be grumpy, and practically his responsibility as an adolescent to be frustrated and confused about his changing social world and his own ineptitude to adapt to it, as well as certain...things.

Lars' changing junk is best left unexplored by this or any medium

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I like that there are rare flashes of danger from Peridot, like the time she rekt everyone with a giant robot or the attack drones she just happened to have when that dude came by.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I'd still love to see what would have happened if Peridot actually did try and mess up the CGs actively. Her whole thing was trying to do her goddamn job initially than and after getting her ride blown up thanks to unforeseen circumstances being piss scared and trying to get off an alien planet which to her knowledge was going to blow the gently caress up any minute, this pretty much shaped her priorities, anything she did to hinder / trap / damage the CGs was mostly secondary to 'get the gently caress outta here'. If Jasper had actually done her loving job and lead the mission instead of fusing with lapis and loving off to the bottom of the ocean I'm pretty sure her and pdot would've beat up all the CGs handily no problem and been back home before you could sing a song about it.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

WarpedNaba posted:

A culture that's spent millennia in a strict hierarchical framework where class interaction (much less movement) is explicitly discouraged and brutally punished tends to be rather bereft of critical thinking and out-of-role ambition.

Pretty sure there was a Discworld quote about it

e: here 'tis

Well yeah but think about it like this, if Jasper had stuck to her role (Not fusing with gems outside of type / engaging in a one on one slugfest for pride reasons) than their discipline and straight up superiority in most circumstances would have triumphed over the hippie remnants of a failed, leaderless rebellion.

I'm just saying it kinda feels like a failing of the plot that the good guys triumphed over the forces of evil because the forces of evil... tried to copy their tactics for no reason, even though said tactics are seen as gross heresy? I mean I get why Jasper thought it might help but she could just as easily grabbed a gem destabilizer and destabilized the poo poo out of the CGs like the first time. Jasper would have had no trouble defeating amethyst and pearl single handedly and no doubt with Peridots backup... just regular, no fusing, probably could top garnet as well. Steven would be no challenge beyond that.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Hihohe posted:

If you want Eternal war try Warhammer 40k. This show is about love.

I just wanna watch dragon ball z with women

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Glasgow Kiss posted:

poo poo those would make really cool avatars.

dibs on bondage amethyst.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Philip Rivers posted:

My favorite part of The Zoo is when Greg and Steven explain that you choosen your own partners on Earth, and the guy immediately goes "hmm... then I choose you!" :buddy: and so does everyone else. Only Rebecca Sugar could take a human husbandry program and turn it into a queer/poly friendly lesson on consent, lol.

The fact that everyone was a coddled infant who cried at the first sign of rejection / resistance was also nice.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Hakkesshu posted:

The way she talked in a very specific cadence during that scene made it seem like a deliberate reference, but could just be a coincidence. Either way I got the same vibe.

Homeworld is peaceful, its inhabitants kind.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Tendales posted:

God drat I love the way this show uses double meanings.

Wotcha mean famalamadingdong? You mean how 'the zoo' refers to a zoo but not really what we would call a zoo.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

ehheheheeheheheh

Noonsaliwah posted:

Taken from Reddit, another slightly different interpretation which is close to the first:

The implication that the rose quartz and humans she is currently protecting have the power of 'feeling'. Which is useless to them.

I.e.
A lapis is for terraforming. A sapphire is for planning war. An agate is for terrifying. A rose quartz is for feeling. But why bother yourself with protecting that, what's the point in feeling?

I doubt this, for starters it doesn't gel with the rest of gem society and the message they're trying to convey about how hosed up it is because they're not in touch with their emotions. You've got WARRIORS and TECHNICIANS and Feelers... nah. Plus its proven and demonstrable gems have emotions and feelings all of their own, their society is the problem.

I mean even if Rose Quartzes were a kind of therapist gem or whatever I'm pretty sure their ability to manipulate plants is more their selling point, they're just a niche use gem that the diamond authority is totally ok with wiping out completely since one of them went so loving crazy.

Motherfucker fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Jan 11, 2017

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Rose Quartz powers might be "control over living things", which explains the plant control and the dream posession, and at a stretch the gem healing and empathy abilities.

perfect for manipulating annoying sub-gem lifeforms like humans for example. If her skill is manipulation it also explains a LOT about her and how she became gem Hitler.

Motherfucker fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Jan 11, 2017

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Rhonne posted:

I really want to know more about Blue Pearl, she's been by Blue Diamond's side for all these years during her depression, I wonder how that's affected her. Maybe she wants to cheer BD up as much as YD does, but she never does anything about it because she's a Pearl and doesn't want to step out of line.

LESS SAD MORE GAY

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I still think peridot is the best gay

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Sash! posted:

I'm telling you, she's not Peridot. She's secretly Green Diamond.

THATS NOT GEOLOGICALLY POSSIBLE YOU FUCKER!!!!

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Sash! posted:

Irradiated diamonds can turn green. There's naturally occurring ones even.

Thats bullshit, I demand evidence but cannot operate a google myself.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Huh, interesting.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

You know if I wanted to piss people off in this thread I'd just say Discount Lesbians.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Milky Moor posted:

where the gently caress is jasper

DEAD