Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is this show
Gay?
Sad?
Sad and Gay?
What the hell is wrong with you people?
View Results

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

smashpro1 posted:

So, theoretically, they all have rooms in the temple, including Ruby, Sapphire, and any hypothetical fusions?

Yup, any combination of the five gems at the door should create a room, so Smokey probably has one they didn't know about, Alexandrite probably too but can't fit through the door so we will never know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

axleblaze posted:

So do Ruby and Sapphire have their own rooms in the temple in the rare times when Garnet separates?

Should be the case. The door always shines a gem before opening a room, whenever a fusion does it it shines the components, so it's pretty safe to assume that if Ruby wanted to go to her room she could, just she has no real reason to want that.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

The promo for the weekly episodes has some interesting footage. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gp24HfjNrjk

Oh my god Stevonnie is straight up dressed as VEGITO :swoon: and Steven's Ultraman

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Troposphere posted:

it's straight up ship wars and that has never not been dumb as hell. queerbaiting is an excuse to make it not seem as petty but that's what it is. fandom dumb.

same as it ever was.

Reminds me of the time I saw a post going around about how Korra ending up with Asami was counter-productive towards LGBT culture and, in fact, Makorra would have been the more queer ship because gender roles or something.

Fandoms suck for everything.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

http://tooneyd.tumblr.com/post/115449575428/jasper-has-a-nightmare

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

JT Jag posted:

psst

its us

we're the fandom

That's why I usually stop checking the thread after two or three days pass since the last episode, poo poo starts getting weird.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

axleblaze posted:

Yes but isn't it unrequited gay love even more true to the gay experience?

I feel like a healthy stream of gay love in both directions makes for an overall stronger gay experience than an one-sided gay love that's replied with actual Gal Pal emotions while the party receiving this gay love hunts for the human male musician. Sure, Pearl is gayer than Ruby OR Sapphire, but she doesn't stand a chance against their combined might.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

This might just be Best Song :allears:

God this show is so good about relationships. I mean. Ah gently caress. I was having something eating up at me, but looking at it, it's not that big, and when i tell my S.O. about it everything will get better and i'll deal with it more clearly, and it doesn't matter if it's too small and feels too big, or if it seems to big and feels impossible to deal with, having someone to confide things and being flexible about what you can do and how it can impact you is extremely important and good. i love this show

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I keep looking at the song sequence and I can't believe that Stevonnie was Yellow Diamond all along

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Beekeeping and You posted:

I actually like how ambiguous that final shot of rose is. Is she disappointed with him? Angry? Is Steven upset that he's not living up to her, or is he frightened, because of what she did to pink diamond? I feel like a case could be made for all of those.

My take was that he now sees her as this angry figure capable of killing, he is frightened by her and maybe even scared of himself since she is capable of shattering a gem, so maybe so is he? but it's definitely a shot that can be interpreted in many ways and with how we're dealing with more complex emotions overall, i'm sure that there's no One answer for it.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Raserys posted:

In the credits, that ending jingle is way ominous. What is that all about?

Maybe it's the start of a new jingle. If I could begin to merc~

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

axleblaze posted:

As for the episode, I do like the idea that Connie is feeling bad for just throwing a guy and it was easily fixed, meanwhile Steven hs flat out pretty much been involved in the beating up and indefinite imprisoning/infinitely floating in space of multiple Gems and it's just like man, that other thing seems kind of minor now.

I loved that although Connie's thing seemed minor at the end it still required the same process to start healing than Steven's. Although I did get a kick at "i accidentally showed the basics of CQC to a child because Pearl made me a living weapon" compared to "i bubbled my mom's enemy, saw Jasper get corrupted essentially out of sheer hate for mom and i couldn't heal her, Kars'd some Ruby and the complicated feelings got MEGA COMPLICATED after the reveal that she killed a space president"

Guess the episode hit at just the right time for me. My girlfriend and I have been getting some anxiety from a lot of places and a nice reminder that talking is the best thing ever was very fortunate.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

HeartPlug posted:

I think we all learned a valuable lesson today

I googled CBT and only got Cognitive Behavioral Therapy stuff, decided to look it up on tumblr and, uhhhhh, that's a lot of stuff alright. :stare: But I still got no idea what CBT is.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Philip Rivers posted:

It's really cool. I can't help but wish I had this show a decade ago.

Same. Back in my day we had to learn from, like, Doug and Arnold, and their emotional lessons most of the time were "DO NOT TALK ABOUT YOUR EMOTIONS, THAT BOTTLE CAN BE SHUT TIGHTER, IF YOU ARE DIRECT IT'LL ALL GO WRONG BY THE END OF THE EPISODE" so there was that

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

All that matters is that Steven displays his Good Taste by owning the only good mainline Zelda game that came out on the Dolphin.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Xelkelvos posted:

Your mistake is following YouTubers who talk about Steven Universe

Top 5 Truths About [Show] Youtubers YOU NEED TO KNOW
1) They know less than an io9 article
2) There is always a 2 to 1 ratio of nothing blabbering to actual content
3) Their reactions to the latest episode is not entertaining
4) Theories usually suck or are cribbed from legit theories that many people have developed
5) Those 107 facts are actually more like 5 interesting facts, 60 mundane things and 42 remixes or stretches of the previous facts

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Flying-PCP posted:

Alright, here's the crazy theory for this episode, significantly less weird this time

Your lucky numbers are: 16 47 N W

These coordinates are pretty close to the spot Pearl/Diamond Base marked that's farthest out into the Atlantic, away from any islands
Maybe Zoltron really is from the future, specifically, maybe he's got some connection to the Sea Shrine they got the Time Thing from in Steven and the Stevens

And here I was hoping it'd just be Steven cosplaying as Ultraman and getting into some hi-jinks.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

nerdbot posted:

The arcade machines in the background are pretty primo goofs.

I wonder if Steven plays as Taako or Meryll?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

Obviously with that Adventure Zone reference, we gotta get the McElroys in the studio for an episode.

We haven't seen any holiday in the show right? what if Greg uses his vast fortune to take Steven to Empire City for a Candle Nights MBMBAM Live Special?

Steven, they specifically said No Bummers.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Neo_Crimson posted:

I haven't watched that video but it sounds like bullshit. Wasn't it confirmed a few months ago that SU was renewed for at least 2 more seasons?

Nah, that was dirty, dirty lies to pretend that the third season order from July 2015 counted as two more seasons, and they did the same with another show, I think Uncle Grandpa, except it was lovely because production of the third season had finished at that point and nobody was working in the show anymore but CN still call it another new season when it was just the remaining episodes.

Stuff on a renewal for this and many shows should come up soon-ish, though from what it looks like only AT has gotten a renewal this summer, which was announced on a tweet by someone in the production, so maybe CN is just keeping its next year plans to itself until sometime later to announce it all at once.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Shima Honnou posted:

Upcoming promo. I've never heard of Adventure Zone so I just assume it was a Zone of the Enders reference.

It's a DnD podcast. It's pretty great.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Theme of Peridot, Lapis and Jasper fusion.

Theme of Lars and Onion fusion.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Cute episode

Follows nicely from last week's, just enforcing that you can't "fix" everything, but you can have it end in good terms at least. Smiley and Frown were definitely a thing tho.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Mr. Smiley would have banned him if Steven had licked the broken robot.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

MrSlam posted:

A friend of mine who I tried to get into watching Steven Universe admitted they just finished watching the whole thing :smuggo:

It feels great.

One friend kept complaining how he couldn't get into it because Steven was too silly and reminded him of me. Yesterday he told me how much he regrets the time he spent not watching SU. :allears:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Oh poo poo, I didn't know it was a half-hour episode, I don't think I'll be ready. :ohdear:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Actually, Steven destroyed the entire pumpkin field in order to make the world's largest Pumpkin Pie.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Nestharken posted:

Oh boy, where to begin!

Should we talk about that time Frederator changed their distribution method from YouTube to some streaming service nobody had ever heard of and then sent their Kickstarter backers a link to watch episodes 5 and 6 that only stayed up for 48 hours, meaning most of them didn't get to see the content they paid for? (those episodes are still not available anywhere a year later, BTW)

What about that time Frederator asked their Kickstarter backers to send them recipes (without compensation) so they could make a Bee and Puppycat-themed cookbook to sell for money dollars?

Or, more recently, that time when Frederator changed animation studios halfway through production for some nebulous reason! Oh, and they also got bought out by some two-bit Canadian animation company last week.

My favorite was when Frederator accidentally sent out an email to their Kickstarter backers with a link for episodes 7-10 that got disabled after an hour or so. That one happened a few days ago, almost two full years after the nominal delivery date for the entire series!

God i'm so glad I never paid a thing for that and immediately turned off all my interest after seeing the first post-kickstarter episode.

I'm glad I can hate on Frederator, just seeing their channel full of "107 facts about [cartoon]" gets me annoyed.

Good thing Steven Universe is good and Cartoon Network in general is making many great cartoons with Disney Channel/XD also having a nice output. Cartoons are in a really neat place.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

The Ayshkerbundy posted:

I'm still looking forwards to a what-a-cartoon-esque batch of pilots that frederator's doing with Sony (IIRC the paid service thing was something only recently announced, and they stopped the 107 facts stuff a few months back)

The impression I get is that most of Frederator's problems can be tied back to them getting heavily screwed over by Youtube changing it's ad money algorithm, though some of these things (like the kickstarter links) sound like that some of the problems are on them :shrug:

They stopped on the Cartoon Hangover channel, but ChannelFrederator is exclusively 107 facts and a few other clickbait things.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Ever since Pearl convinced me she was a good and cool person, I've been wanting another cool character that's a horrifying person. I'm glad it's Ronaldo with poo poo i'd always hear about second-hand. There's bound to be nerds talking about SU who have to deal with Bloodstones, so it's neat to expose them.

I also like hearing the complaints because I kinda believe everyone who hates him actually sees themselves reflected in him somehow and hate it.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

EasyEW posted:

So nobody is talking about how Lars finally got a last name in the KBCW book?

(click for XL)

In my unified cartoon universe, his Uncle Ņoņo's baby pictures freak him out intensely.

Steven truly is the Chavo del Ocho of Beach City. Chilindrina is Amethyst, Don Ramon is Garnet and La Bruja del 51 (hope i remembered her number right) is Pearl and all's right in the world.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

This owns so much.

e:it also doesn't seem to spoil anything? it sets up what'll happen in that episode, but there's nothing about the previous episodes in the bomb.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Apr 28, 2017

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

The Ayshkerbundy posted:

That's because it's the first episode in the bomb

Huh, for some reason I thought it was in the middle of it.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I'm glad that they can schedule the leaks now, I just hope people continue to support the show by buying episodes and watching them when they air.

Why watch it on the archaic tv so it'll be counted 0 times when you can watch it three times in the app so it'll be counted 3 times? Unless everyone ITT is a Nielsen Family?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Town people episodes are good.

I think the bomb format is overall what's riling people up the most, since it makes things feel like they should be a huge event, like a spliced apart episode of a random big name drama. If I were CN I'd use the season openers, mid-season finale and season finales as bombs and the rest as "bridges" that air once a week.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I like Lars, he's a stupid jerk and that's fun. I love Ronaldo because I can tell there's people like him all over and I'm lucky enough that the closest i've been to one is a friend of a friend. I just have this feeling that Ronaldo hate is directly proportional to how close you were to one, with outright hatred being by people who Were him. :allears:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

It was alright, bit of a dickpunch for Steven. Kinda getting afraid this'll turn into the "Finn's girl problems" of SU, tho.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Are You My Dad is the last one, right?
e: it's not! Oh boy howdy that last ep!
neat eps! Was really nice to see a tad more of Lars and have Steven and Sadie accept that they can't solve his insecurities for him. And I really appreciate Sadie finally hanging with the cool teens, her moments were really easy to connect to. Connie's dad is great and the new villains are pretty fun and interesting. Only problem is that it felt like Steven should've gone to Lapis immediately since water wings and all that.

Dat ending :stare: Steven & Lars paling in space, admitting war crimes and baking pies.

Good batch of episodes.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 07:38 on May 5, 2017

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Lupus Rufus posted:

I Am My Mom is the last episode actually, and i gotta say :catstare: thaaaaat just happened Just FYI, the whole bomb is now out thanks to the CN app.

edit: something i just realized: Lars wasn't among those who were in the water at the end... he was still in the ship... what if Lars and Steven fuse on their little sojourn to Homeworld?
Also, this show's been hitting it out of the park dropping casual lines like "my mom's a war criminal".

With the combined love of Bits and baking, Larven will fight using Loaded Baked Potatoes!

Oh, and super points for the show using this brilliant tactic

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 07:46 on May 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Steven and Lars will fuse and the fusion will be called STARS