Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
my turn in the barrel
Dec 31, 2007

OctoberBlues posted:

You think a guy with 229 million views over six years who has only very very rarely done sponsor type stuff is making over $100k a year? That... just isn't so.

edit: I'm also pretty sure he even said in one of his live chats that he's not making six figures, but that he does make more than he did working for Pepsi.

He should be somewhere around 100K/year.

http://socialblade.com/youtube/user/skippy62able

The only thing that might be boning him is the fact that his videos are slightly advertiser unfriendly and his network may be taking a huge cut, I'm not sure how the networks work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Keg posted:

Can this thread be about remembering that goon who tried to hike across America and gave up after 3 days?

Two of those days were spent shivering in a blanket and dealing with the horrors of staying at the visitors cabin of a popular san francisco park

He literally only walked for one day and liek 10 miles, iirc

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

OctoberBlues posted:

He doesn't do eating challenges anymore and berates fans who ask him why.
i guess he's dead to me now. i stopped giving a poo poo about Beast when he wouldn't shut up about bringing back Crystal Pepsi but held out hope he'd go back to doing them when they finally listened. now that he's trying to walk across america instead, i have no emotional investment in his fat idiot rear end anymore

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Y-Hat posted:

i guess he's dead to me now. i stopped giving a poo poo about Beast when he wouldn't shut up about bringing back Crystal Pepsi but held out hope he'd go back to doing them when they finally listened. now that he's trying to walk across america instead, i have no emotional investment in his fat idiot rear end anymore

well you see he's trying to walk across america to negate the effects of the lifestyle that led him to become a fat idiot rear end in the first place

sadly for him, only one of these things is reversible

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
i am disappointed LA beast did not nearly die from eating 50LB of ball bearings or something. this thread is a real disappointment OP

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
gently caress u rutibex

Fastball LIVE in concert
Jul 10, 2010
https://youtu.be/xy56zzVAaJc?t=125

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

steinrokkan posted:

Two of those days were spent shivering in a blanket and dealing with the horrors of staying at the visitors cabin of a popular san francisco park

He literally only walked for one day and liek 10 miles, iirc

i liked his little wheelie cart loaded up with cans of beef a rony and all the travel gear he hadnt removed from packaging

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
there was another one who did it too biut he tried to walk across canada and made it like 20 miles and he even brought his dog in a cart with him

when goons lose their minds all sorts of bizzare impulses bubble up and they cant help but go outside

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

whoflungpoop posted:

there was another one who did it too biut he tried to walk across canada and made it like 20 miles and he even brought his dog in a cart with him

when goons lose their minds all sorts of bizzare impulses bubble up and they cant help but go outside

that mans name was Terry, and it wasn't a dog it was a Fox

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

whoflungpoop posted:

Sometime those bipolar mania upswings are a little too upswingy and they end up posting a thread about their Great New Idea which will Totally Fix Their Life and then they can't back down and they have to attempt to go through with it.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Holy gently caress he's 32. I thought he was early-mid 20's since he was living at home and then w a roommate.

e: Dude was a starting offensive lineman for Fordham.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
if he was smart and wanted to make a living humiliating himself on camera after failing at football he would've gone into pro wrestling

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

rezatahs posted:

if he was smart and wanted to make a living humiliating himself on camera after failing at football he would've gone into pro wrestling

there is still time for this. LA Beast is a pretty perfect stage name anyway, it would be a shame to waste it

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011
Now introducing.... La Bestia!

Finishing move: Toxic Toss-up(throwing up on his opponent.)

Captain Video
Apr 4, 2016
I like how his tone of voice always conveys both solemness and stupidity.

I don't like how he posts a video once a millenia though, so my one stop shop for competitive/masochistic eating remains WrecklessEating

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Captain Video posted:

I like how his tone of voice always conveys both solemness and stupidity.

I don't like how he posts a video once a millenia though, so my one stop shop for competitive/masochistic eating remains WrecklessEating

I tried to watch that channel once and those people are the most annoying goddamn idiots I have ever seen. The LA Beast may be stupid and crazy but I think he is a genuinely nice person. The wreckless eating people seem like they are just rear end in a top hat douchebags. Especially the really fat one with giant bags under his eyes who looks like he is going to die very soon.

Captain Video
Apr 4, 2016

OctoberBlues posted:

I tried to watch that channel once and those people are the most annoying goddamn idiots I have ever seen. The LA Beast may be stupid and crazy but I think he is a genuinely nice person. The wreckless eating people seem like they are just rear end in a top hat douchebags. Especially the really fat one with giant bags under his eyes who looks like he is going to die very soon.

If you can tolerate a New York accent, Chuck From The Bronx is both nice and a masochist (albeit MIA for reasons I can't recall)

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I think I've watched Chuck before, he's pretty good. I don't mind the dude where's my challenge folks either (edit: I guess there's no dude in front of that), although I haven't watched those in awhile, I think they were getting kind of dumb for a while there. I really like cult moo, which is still a pretty small channel, although they do regular food reviews more often than crazy stuff.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

He's doing like 15 hits off of this thing, I do one and get pretty wrecked, lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXvwQOD0F8o

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
LA BEAST EATS JUST LIKE... A WHOLE TON OF GABAGOOL... LIKE MORE THEN YOU'VE EVER SEEN

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Captain Yossarian posted:

LA BEAST EATS JUST LIKE... A WHOLE TON OF GABAGOOL... LIKE MORE THEN YOU'VE EVER SEEN

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
what videos do i watch to best experience another human beings mental unraveling

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Oh, I also forgot another great LA Beast moment. He eats raw meat and then feels sick for like three weeks straight so he just assumes he has a tapeworm or something. Okay, makes sense I guess. But at the exact same time he ate the raw meat he also started taking "Furious Cuts" these weird diet pills made by youtuber Furious Pete. Even when people tell him to stop taking the pills and see if that makes him feel better, he won't. Eventually he confirms that he does not have tapeworms but still refuses to attribute his feeling lovely to the pills and keeps taking them.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

OctoberBlues posted:

He's doing like 15 hits off of this thing, I do one and get pretty wrecked, lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXvwQOD0F8o

i can see where this is going
"LA Beast here, and today i'm going to smoke this entire pound of crack! have a good day! :catdrugs:

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
he seems like a melancholy character. i feel pity in my heart for him.i hope he finds peace

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
I saw a few of his videos a year or so ago, the dude's mental health has deteriorated pretty badly from what I can tell.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Rutibex posted:

i can see where this is going
"LA Beast here, and today i'm going to smoke this entire pound of crack! have a good day! :catdrugs:

Yeah, it's time to go big or go home.

Also, I get the feeling he's on drugs regardless so a pound of crack really won't matter in the long run.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

I used to watch this guy years ago, then I totally forgot about him. Shame to hear what's happening :( he seemed like a bro.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
Oh hey, wonderful, another Internet personality develops a mental disorder. Shame about LA Beast and if weed did indeed make him go crazy maybe he should stop and now the 420 people are coming for me.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Justin Godscock posted:

Oh hey, wonderful, another Internet personality develops a mental disorder. Shame about LA Beast and if weed did indeed make him go crazy maybe he should stop and now the 420 people are coming for me.

We are all actually very concerned about Le beast and are all praying for his safe recovery

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?
Hmm. His brain is not in a good place right now. Super strength THC + solitary activity is probably the worst move for him. Pity, seems like a nice guy but you can see paranoid lunacy starting to bleed into his otherwise chirpy demeanour.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
He dead yet?

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Here the LA Beast shows he is a beast by lifting 12 lbs weights. Then shares with us his brilliant new idea for a video. Walking to form a path that says "I Eat Poo" with a picture of pac man eating poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfmKsvOraKc

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
it's sad to see him go from someone full of life to a guy obviously drowning in mental illness.

He's using his persona to justify his unhinged behavior: "My violent screaming outbursts toward my phone are just a joke, everyone is laughing with me, ha-ha, I control this"

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
"guy who eats gross stuff for money" was always mentally ill, guys

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm a schizophrenic and so am I
LA beast got a million times better after he stopped doing eating challenges.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

Zzulu posted:

"guy who eats gross stuff for money" was always mentally ill, guys

But enough about Guy Fieri hahaha :)

NVJ
Apr 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I thought la beast was shoenice my brain is fried

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I liked LA Beast. Seemed like a funny dude, did some interesting stuff, but i fell off his wagon with his crystal pepsi thing, which i guess is where he started going crazy? I noticed he was started to be a little weird and unhinged

• Locked thread