Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
After like 2 months of wet farts, finally a good update.

A. Dellons is not gimpy and exists to kill Evasion, we can finally kill the Thai Rapist

Key package on sale

Exploration cost lowered

Lots and Lots of free poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Yeah ADellons doesn't look like he'll bring much more for PvE but he looks pretty decent for PvP.
Aside from that there's a ruby buy-in for him, 12th Adventure area, GW coins can be used to buy Hero Awakening Shards, and event freebies. Ballista in the selector now as well.

The Exploration cost lower is just for the event though. But you can turbo buy completions now I guess for Ruby cost? Meh.

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Reaally happy about the key for rubies deal. The diminished daily guild check-in rewards were starting to hurt, I went from doing everything whenever I wanted to seeing the key replenishment mechanic for the first time since I started playing. And that was after I gave up on the lovely explorations a few weeks back. I feel like pumping all my rubies into this, this game is a lot more fun when you have quasi infinite entries ready.

re: explorations - current key price should be the permanent one tbh. The timegating factor is more than enough. As soon as the event's over I'll stop sending out guys again.
re: awakenings - I think I'll skip ADellons? Lots of people are talking about him not even pulling his weight in PvP. Instead, I'm kinda excited for the Crusader reworks. Have a lot of awakening shards burning a hole in my pocket, would love to boost my pve high scores again!

Also: I will start construction of the new market place as soon as our level 5 research center is finished.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

The power of evade + lethal stacking just too great I suppose. Might just need to wait for the right type of comp or someone who synergizes with him well. Are they actually reworking crusaders? I didn't see anything about that.

I awakened him anyway just for funs, I wouldn't be surprised if he got buffs down the line with the big 7K refresh like KR got (unlike the KR Dellons who is/was super OP).

Still barely playing 7K at all at this point though/ PAD got a lot of really good QoL improvements and has two new super silly/fun leaders. King's Raid still working through content and there's a big-rear end event starting next week for a free hero and UW so that's fun.

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Are they actually reworking crusaders? I didn't see anything about that.
Yeah, it was actually part of a bigger mea culpa regarding specialization. Some good info if you don't know about it yet. http://www.mobirum.com/article/detail?cafeId=sevenknights&bbsId=719&id=811662

quote:

Still barely playing 7K at all at this point though/ PAD got a lot of really good QoL improvements and has two new super silly/fun leaders. King's Raid still working through content and there's a big-rear end event starting next week for a free hero and UW so that's fun.
Understandable! I hope the game will get a second surge but I'm not sure if any amount of udpates could do it. Never got into PAD, the rerolling is too real for me. Also still enjoying KR, I have the materials to T1 my first hero but can't come even close to beating them in the chamber. Maybe if my team hits 60, level difference seems to be a huge deal in that game.

Illiterate Clitoris fucked around with this message at 18:19 on May 18, 2017

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Rerolling isn't as big of a deal in PAD as it used to be. You can ask in the thread on SA if anyone has a starter account, but also so much poo poo is just crazy OP at this point it's not nearly as hard to find a decent starting leader as it used to be. Also you can buy two of the best leaders in the game straight up for MP, though that's a very late-game thing.

REM rolling in general still sucks a lot but at least non-optimal team building is actually a lot of fun in PAD and decent leaders can carry you for a large part. It's really the best one of these games in terms of actual gameplay, super high skill cap on difficult leaders, plenty of play styles are viable. You can effort-mode as much as possible or just face roll poo poo with DAthena.

KR I've got two 5* now (Naila and Selene), working on Kauhla next. Not sure beyond that, thinking Pavel for secondary DPS, but I might pick up another waifu with the ticket though and run them instead.
Obviously haven't gotten to working on T1 ranks yet, who are you trying to do first? I would imagine doing some of the easier heroes first would probably help a lot. From previous ranks I can say that Naila is by far the hardest of the heroes I have.

E: That 7K news is very good so I'm very happy about that. I really hope they do something about Exploration being a tedious pain in the rear end soon.

E2: Yeah I was like "I should catch up on a few things in 7K today" and then the first thing that happens is I go into the Bean Cake dungeon and the game softlocks, black screen with a dancing Ahri. Okay game.

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 18:54 on May 18, 2017

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Nia, Sieg, Shane remake should be going up today. As well as more ?Exploration Updates?, costumes, event, etc.

King's Raid getting a gigantic QoL update tomorrow as well, amongst other things:
1) Rune grinding and crafting
2) Conquest better XP and no stamina requirement
3) Improvements to attendance rewards. Huge improvements to dailies/weeklies, like 10x more rewards, less annoying to do some quests, Arena points payout (so much faster UW selectors now).
4) A billion rebalance changes to all sub-stat types, classes, T2 bonuses nerfed, etc. The change %s are so gigantic I have no idea what to think about any of it.

No fix for Laias yet it seems, and the new content (characters and other stuff) was pushed back to next week.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Nia, Sieg, Shane remake should be going up today. As well as more ?Exploration Updates?, costumes, event, etc.

King's Raid getting a gigantic QoL update tomorrow as well, amongst other things:
1) Rune grinding and crafting
2) Conquest better XP and no stamina requirement
3) Improvements to attendance rewards. Huge improvements to dailies/weeklies, like 10x more rewards, less annoying to do some quests, Arena points payout (so much faster UW selectors now).
4) A billion rebalance changes to all sub-stat types, classes, T2 bonuses nerfed, etc. The change %s are so gigantic I have no idea what to think about any of it.

No fix for Laias yet it seems, and the new content (characters and other stuff) was pushed back to next week.

Netmarble has been going real deep in the brown nosing playerbase after loving up specialization.

Getting so much free poo poo and Topaz discount on top. Picked up 2 more dellons for 46 Dellonz and my first Kris :thumbsup:

Sieg being good again is also nice.

KR XP rates are so mind numbingly bad

after 60 you get like 1 level every 4 days

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Redone Crusaders is at least an upgrade over their base forms instead of sidegrades or literally-the-same-except-in-raids (although A.Wreck It! is still weaker but with a shorter cooldown than normal Wreck It!, but it does mean he can solo handle Rudy's Defense Preparation without relying on CR cooldown reduction)

New exploration is just another area that'll get you 3* elementals for 3 keys. Nothing interesting.

There's new storage for units/items/pets but whenever I hit cap as it is it's usually a sign to power up people with my hordes of 3* fodder.

Topaz sale is good, picked up another Rachel since I use her in most content which is way more than most 7K. Hell I still have two 5* Krises collecting dust. Also some piles of hero awakening shards so I can actually awaken Miho and whoever else comes up.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
The raid dragon reset is extremely annoying. Still only at like, level 17.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I've got an excess of essence because I can't get mats for confirmed crafting fast enough. If it wasn't for the notification when hot time grinding I don't think I'd ever see any.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Scrublord Prime posted:

I've got an excess of essence because I can't get mats for confirmed crafting fast enough. If it wasn't for the notification when hot time grinding I don't think I'd ever see any.

I forgot this existed for the past 4 months and I'm sitting on over a thousand right now.

With the new events, free poo poo and fixing the crusaders/specializations 7k sorta grabbing my attention again.

Dropped KR due to not liking some of the game mechanics. Mostly that every single character is such high investment you can't really play around with all the customization options that exist. All the gear options and stuff are cool but ultimately moot because you need 90+ days for a Hero specific weapon, 10-30+ days worth of shard to hit T1/T2 and 20+days to even get a new character.

On top of that there is nothing really to do beyond the really bad PvP Arena (Characters are super Rock Paper Scissors but the super high investment required per hero make lineup changes nearly impossible unless you're whaling)

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

I don't mind the high investment time for characters as the trade-off is that you can run pretty much any characters you like (not counting pvp anyway). Lack of later game content is why I've been playing through it slowly, though I'm getting pretty far along as it is so hopefully they've got something else in the works. It's always the same story with these kinds of games playing shortly after release.

What's the Nia 4 fodder setup for world 8? Min stats/levels/gear? She end up useful for anything else after the buffs?

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

iirc it was around level 38 with fully developed awakened weapons when she started clearing the stages quick enough. But that was before the remake so iuno... but on that note, it's so worth it for all the money and saved time you get by farming 8-20. It' a huge QoL improvement and feels really good. Especially with the boost right now. The boost should simply be baseline, straight up. The daily ruby grind is actually fun right now, giving up on this will suck.

Obligatory KR talk: I really lucked out with my guild, a very helpful and talkative bunch. The Anime is strong with them but I guess that comes with the territory. Hopefully the upcoming guild raids are interesting.
I'm also fine with the focus on one team right now, with a bit of team synergy everything's viable right now. Down the line, after a few patches of power creep, getting the leveling stuff will be easier I'm sure.

In the end what keeps me in these kind of games is the community anyways. Who is still subbed to WoW but for their guild? That's why I'm really feeling the ~15 guys daily login in 7K :smith:

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Mine's awoken but 30 with no gear yet, so I guess that'll be a work in process for a while. Think I tossed away a couple after the spec release but whatever.

I should probably actually awaken my Sieg now, he looks really sick and being that he's Sieg he'll probably stay useful for a really long time. Are people gearing him spd/spd counter/counter now? It seemed like some people were doing Counter/HP or HP/HP and I'm guessing it has to do with the fact that on ID week you want him lower counter than Snipper, but other stuff you want him higher than your DPS (Shane for NMW or Raid, Jupy for other stuff).

I have no guild in KR actually, I kind of just keep forgetting that's a thing there. The game has that whole 'easier to advance the farther you already are' thing but seems super exaggerated by comparison to 7K, like if you can do ToO the game is handing you an extra 1.5 free Trancendence stones a week and like ~60 extra mats of every type, but if you can't hit those break points (floor 15 and 20 I think) you don't get poo poo basically.

Also they made costumes gives you a % XP bonus which is ... funny I guess. The costumes so far have been pretty meh so I hope they ditch the school outfits thing soon and do some goofier stuff. Though the Morrah outfit is super good, and the Selene one is very solid, at least.
Biggest thing annoying me right now is the weekly PvP mission is for Wins and not just entries. And now the weekly ruby reward is actually not completely terrible so I feel obligated to do it :rolleye:

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

So what am I supposed to do with these awakened selectors? I want to get shane, but I already have her at lv 42 non awakened.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

If you're out of other stuff to pick, you can just hold onto some rando for the time being. You can use them to +1 an awoken hero, but later there is supposed to be some sort of synthesis where you can grind them down into more shards instead.

Yes it's incredibly dumb that they don't let you use those to awaken an existing hero.

marxismftw
Apr 16, 2010

I took a Nia, so that at some point I can 4 fodder farm 8-20. In retrospect, I probably should have just gone Ruri for WB, but there's no way I'm gonna waste it on Seig or Espada when i've got both of them to 40 already.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Oh is Ruri useful for a WB now or did you mean dailies? I think she's the only PvE unit I don't have awoken at this point aside from Sieg (who I'm about 15 shards short of), so I'm gonna be grabbing her anyway.

KR chat, dunno who to pick with this 5* selector yet. Need an M.DPS pretty bad, I have 4* Pavel but I really dislike him so gonna just use someone else instead. Getting Lorraine from the Inn in about 4 days so that's an option (what the heck is with her voice though). Could take Maria so I can run Maria+Lorraine for phys immune stuff. Was thinking maybe Luna but I'd probably want Luna+Maria instead. Wouldn't mind Morrah as well for helping out with Raid but Naila is kind of my dedicated team lead so.

Maria + Selene seems like it would be a very silly combo for AoE damage.

Why do I have so many Wizards though.

marxismftw
Apr 16, 2010

I said Ruri but I really meant Sniper. Point stands.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Ah. Yeah you kinda need Snipper for those free ID points. But as far as WB goes, the barrier for entry to Expert rank is kinda hilariously low, while the jump from there to Master is gigantic. While the WB point gain difference is really not that big between the two. If you're hitting Expert rank with Jupy is kinda hard to justify taking Snipper first unless you're wanting to get pretty competitive about it, and meanwhile nobody else can do what Nia does.

Guess you also need Shane now for NMW as well. I'll have to completely rejigger my team there anyway since Espada now brings Bleed immunity.

sips
Oct 26, 2004

im gonna take me a nap on some dawg dirt
So I made it up to diamond PVP eventually just by copying lineups the pros use and transcending guys on the side while I beef up my PVE lineups. I'm F2P mostly but I did buy a couple of things in the dollar sale they had recently and one of the elemental upgrade weekly buff things. I'm not fully concentrating on PVP but I'm noticing 90% of teams running really beefy A.Evans that seem to just poo poo all over me. The reflect damage is insane, also the fact that he heals up when he uses his awakened skill is a big problem most of the time. If he's 46 with decent gear my guys struggle to even get him down to half health. If there's a A.Karin with him forget it. I run a pretty ghetto A.Miho|A.Ballista,A.Yuri,Karma,A.Elysia. Anyone got any advice on what I should look at to counter some of these teams and maybe progress a little more?

sips fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Jun 2, 2017

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Generally when you're doing DPS vs Tank setup, you're trying to break through a certain threshold of damage output. If you hit the enemy Karen and she didn't die in 1 hit (or get CCed), you probably need more damage (or CC). Getting someone to stick a Heal Reduction on their team helps a bit too, but Karen can have enough power to still make heals an issue, plus Resurrect doesn't give a poo poo so none of it matters if you can't kill her. Kris is an even bigger issue, so packing your team with buff reducers (or removers) is also still important.

So best counters to Tank are usually:
- Fixed Damage
- %HP Damage
- Death
- Buff Reducers plus CC (typically on accessories)

So probably the first thing to check is your levels VS theirs. How beefy are your guys? You got +10s on the awoken ones?
Are your formations maxed out? Getting your primary one maxed first is of course the most important but you want all of them eventually, due to the shuffle skills like Rin's.
Gear is even more important. Do you have all the right substats on your gear? Are the primary/sub-stats maxed out? Awoken and +5? Speed is one of the most important stats, do you have 28/28 on everyone?
How about Accessories? You can add substats to them these days which means you don't really have to compromise.

You generally want 6* Death accessories on your fastest guys, the ones that will normal attack first, because Death still does damage even if they are immune (and it goes through Immunity, or knocks off an extra VS tick). Buff Reduction is also useful of course. As for other CCs, try and only use ones that you don't have another source of on your team (so for example if you have skills that cause Stun, use Electrify accessories).

Also try and stacks Lethal on whichever hero you desperately want to go first. You can get a fair bit from accessory + jewel by themselves, definitely don't give up Spd for it.

Just taking a brief look at your dudes it's pretty clear that it's a combination of all of the above. You've got tons of unfilled gear slots, many not awoken, few good accessories, and your levels are mostly in the 30s. So pretty much just keep working on a bit everything and you'll get there eventually. When it comes to Arena, the difference between Ranks gets more and more exaggerated as you go, getting to Diamond is when you're starting to hit the people who are actually paying attention, so keep in mind that it's going to take more and more effort to advance each step.

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Jun 2, 2017

marxismftw
Apr 16, 2010

Also getting yourself a Kalahan up to 32 and replacing your Karma with him will probably work wonders. Even at 32, a Kalahan with a death accessory and decent gear (speed/speed, counter/hp) has a good chance of soloing any team up until you get into the expert bracket, and can make up for a lot of other gear or level deficiencies in the rest of the lineup.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

sips posted:

So I made it up to diamond PVP eventually just by copying lineups the pros use and transcending guys on the side while I beef up my PVE lineups. I'm F2P mostly but I did buy a couple of things in the dollar sale they had recently and one of the elemental upgrade weekly buff things. I'm not fully concentrating on PVP but I'm noticing 90% of teams running really beefy A.Evans that seem to just poo poo all over me. The reflect damage is insane, also the fact that he heals up when he uses his awakened skill is a big problem most of the time. If he's 46 with decent gear my guys struggle to even get him down to half health. If there's a A.Karin with him forget it. I run a pretty ghetto A.Miho|A.Ballista,A.Yuri,Karma,A.Elysia. Anyone got any advice on what I should look at to counter some of these teams and maybe progress a little more?

Reaching up to 4300 is really doable as F2P, reaching 4600+ is you're a long time F2P vet or a whale. (its like 100000x more work than 4300 and your reward is like 30 more rubies a week)

A.Evan has really fallen off in the 4300+ cause of Ballista (which you have) so I'm thinking it might be a gear/formation issue.

Make sure A.Ballista is your main counter-er and try a 2-3 formation

A. Miho + Karma back / Elysia + Ballista + Yuri front

Few hiccups with the line up is

1) Elysia + Miho is overkill on the CC immunity front. You can probably swap out Elysia with a Kiriel (if you really hate reflect) or Klahan/Rin/Kyle/A.Evan (whoever is most built up though Klahan at 32 is still amazing)
2) Karma can be replaced

Gear wise:
1) Get Ballista's counter highest as possible, her flat 2k will put Evan in the ground pretty quickly.
2) Miho will spam her skill cause of her own lethal buff so put her in the back with Crit dmg + Dmg Jewels and focus getting her weapons up first (She does very good damage even at 32)
3) Yuri + Ballista are other good lethal stat havers. Yuri's tailwhip sheds Miho's immunity counter and increases damage taken, the fireball does 2k fixed + turn debuff

Edit: Don't use Lethal weapons, always use Spd. By increase Lethal I mean Jewels and Accessories Substats (which is something you don't have to care about till Masters)

Use your normal selectors on A.Yuri (long as you're happy with your PvE stuff) at 46 she's very tanky and does very good damage overall. Ballista dmg/hp improves but she does most of her job even at low levels due to fixed damage.

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

You generally want 6* Death accessories on your fastest guys, the ones that will normal attack first, because Death still does damage even if they are immune (and it goes through Immunity, or knocks off an extra VS tick). Buff Reduction is also useful of course. As for other CCs, try and only use ones that you don't have another source of on your team (so for example if you have skills that cause Stun, use Electrify accessories).

Also try and stacks Lethal on whichever hero you desperately want to go first. You can get a fair bit from accessory + jewel by themselves, definitely don't give up Spd for it.

I disagree on the Death CC over Stun/Electrify/Paralyze cause Klahan is everywhere and Death doesn't deal with him cleanly. The obsession for Death Rings are carry from KR when they had the Death Tank teams with A.Knox and Kris, but given Global hasn't followed KR on lot of awakenings, Knox might become a Gold chamber specialist for all we know.

Wassbix fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Jun 2, 2017

sips
Oct 26, 2004

Thanks for all the advice guys, I'll just keep working on my lineup and keep my fingers crossed for a Klahan pull. I guess we get one for free at the end of this summer thing so either way I should be good!

marxismftw
Apr 16, 2010

Klahan to 38 or Miho to 34. That is the question for this hidden masters selector. Usually what I do is make a snap judgement and then immediately regret my choice.

Leaning toward Khalan though just cuz once I get him to 40 I can +10 him, and I don't ever do explorations.

marxismftw fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Jun 7, 2017

sips
Oct 26, 2004

marxismftw posted:

Klahan to 38 or Miho to 34. That is the question for this hidden masters selector. Usually what I do is make a snap judgement and then immediately regret my choice.

Leaning toward Khalan though just cuz once I get him to 40 I can +10 him, and I don't ever do explorations.

I hear a lot of people saying that Klahan is useful in PVP and PVE so you might get more bang for buck with him. I'm kind of a noob though so my advice might not be the best.

Amperor
Oct 27, 2010

So, new hero Yeonhee...thoughts? Her passive increases accuracy and protects from damage reflection, so I'm thinking she's intended to counter Klahan and Evan (does anyone else evade or reflect?). Who pairs well with her on a tank-breaking team? Any other modes she'd be good in?

There've been some mechanic changes as well. They changed the rewards for some of the daily quests (adding a 4-6* power crystal and rice cake to two of them), but they also removed the daily dungeons that gave those rewards, so you're still only getting one per day. I was a little bummed that I can't get two per day, but it does reduce the number of keys I'm using for getting those rewards. I decided to use those keys for explorations, which might have been the intended behavior change with this update.

Then again, not sure anyone is even still playing this game anymore. I tried KR but hated the overall character and UI design aesthetic personally.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Yeonhee seems entirely made for PVP. Only Khalan and Balista evade and besides Evan and Jave the only other source of reflected damage afaik is Dark Crown Prince. Plus she has some fixed damage which isn't great outside of PVP. I got one through the step up summon so far but I haven't worked her into my team yet.

I'm good with the changes. I'm not sure if it is key neutral since the power up and rice cake rewards do replace old key rewards, but it saves time since you don't have to do that extra dungeon so I'm good with it. Plus the daily hero reward got upgraded to a 4*+.

I'm still kinda farting along but there hasn't really been anything new. A.Sieg is on most of my teams now and he's good with his cooldown, otherwise I'm just grinding more characters to lv46 and getting rubies to buy cool costumes I missed.

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Ya, also still floating along. It took me until now to realize that all of the last months 'content' releases were gradual shifts in the pvp meta and nothing else. Not sure if the game simply is spent at this point or if KR has loads of PvE stuff still up its sleeve. But if you break it down the self-proclaimed major update running right now doesn't really give any new log-in incentives. Shoulda called it Operation Health.

sips
Oct 26, 2004

Scrublord Prime posted:

I'm still kinda farting along but there hasn't really been anything new. A.Sieg is on most of my teams now and he's good with his cooldown, otherwise I'm just grinding more characters to lv46 and getting rubies to buy cool costumes I missed.

I just got my A.Sieg to 46 and feel like he has been one of the best investments recently. My WB and CR scores are a lot higher with him on my teams. Tomorrow I'll finally have enough to buy my first WB weapon for Jupy, fingers crossed it gets a good substat

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Awakened Lina is good :toot:

She lost her Attack & Defense down 20% passive for some staying power. Damage immunity for 4 turns, debuff resist rate +70%, and reduce damage received by 50%. Marching Anthem became a 100% (from 60%) M.Atk healer, still for two turns, and now it also removes debuffs. Warm Echo got P.Atk and M.Atk +100% for 4 attacks which is nice. In Castle Rush her All Damage +50% becomes +60% and lasts 3 turns instead of 2 plus the P&M Atk buff increases to +200% for 8 turns. Her Awakened skill decreases all enemies physical attack by 30% and increase all allies critical damage by 100% both for 2 turns. In CR the P.Atk down becomes 60% and the crit damage up becomes +200% both for 4 turns.

I changed my CR line up to A.Jupy|A.Hellenia, Rachel, A.Lina, and * who I swap in with A.Sieg. Ideally A.Lina can keep debuffs off Sieg so he can keep attacking for the cooldown reduction and Wreck It. It worked well today, but it's Dellons Day so Silence isn't exactly a showstopper for Sieg anyways. More active buffs to manage though.

I did swap Kyrielle out for Lina too for NMW. No need to deal with awakened skills when Lina can give the P.ATK+100% buff and getting in Lina's awakened skill for a Big Bang cycle added a ton of damage too. She can probably help with Dark Crown Prince too (Jupy|Sieg,Rachel,Ryu/Mao Song,Lina and just cure the Blindness from Fire at Will).

marxismftw
Apr 16, 2010

The key buff is sweet for players who don't sit around all day ruby farming.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.
Yoyo just started this game, used a 6* Awakening Ticket on Yuri and have a 5* "recommended hero" ticket and a 4* ticket. What should I be picking with these? I'm not too interested in the PVP stuff and I was also given a 6* Teo and Lina, if that helps.

Amperor
Oct 27, 2010

Geektox posted:

Yoyo just started this game, used a 6* Awakening Ticket on Yuri and have a 5* "recommended hero" ticket and a 4* ticket. What should I be picking with these? I'm not too interested in the PVP stuff and I was also given a 6* Teo and Lina, if that helps.

If you've got awakened Yuri, you should be able to blow through, I think, Adventure mode easy and normal worlds 1 through 7 with any other dudes on your team. Hellenia and Awakened Nia make it even easier (Nia is my go-to for adventure grinding now).

Not sure who's in the 5* Recommended Hero list, can you post the options?

4* just don't pick a monster; the human looking ones can generally be ranked up to 6* with some of the appropriate elements. Some are more useful than others; if you're going for PvE, I'd get Shane for Raids, or Seig for Castle Rush.

Eventually, 4* dudes will just be fodder, but early on you'll probably want to rank them up so you can start building basic teams for each mode.

Raid team 1: Shane/Karon (or Seig), Espada, ?, ? (dont' worry about team 2 yet)
Castle Rush: Jupy / Seig, Lina, Rachel (a special hero), last spot depends on the day
World Bosses usually require some niche poo poo that doesn't do much in any other modes, I saved those for last and am still working on them.
Celestial Tower and the Hard Daily Dungeons can usually be done by sufficiently powerful (6*) randos (celestial tower gets harder as you go up, daily dungeons usually have a gimmick that certain heroes will help beat).

I focused on Adventure Castle Rush and Raids first, YMMV.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

If you have a 5* Selector Pascal might be worth getting. He's a 5* base so he's rarer than others and he has 5 targe AoE immunity which is nice in a few places. I have no idea what a "recommended hero" ticket has on it though. Giparang has his uses too although most of it is PVP and the rest of Saturday's daily hell dungeon.

Shane isn't a bad place to start. Her unawakened form isn't as bad as unawakened Jupy and you can awaken her for more dps later on. There's also Feng Yan who is better than Shane but without an awakened form he doesn't have much long term use right now.

Sieg is good as Wreck It! inflicts the Damage Received Up debuff which is used almost everywhere. Awakened Yuri gets it too but iirc it isn't as strong. Plus awakened Sieg has even more use since his regular attacks reduce cooldown.

If you get a special hero selector pick up Rachel. Her Phoenix is a huge debuff (3 target attack & defense down 80%) and she's used in basically every bit of content except raids and PVP. Somebody who gives immunity to debuffs (note this includes status ailments like silence, blind, electrify, etc.) like Spike or Elysia are also good to pick up eventually. There's also Dellons or Karma who have a passive +50% all damage buff that stacks with physical/magic damage up buffs too.

For Castle Rush you should look into getting characters who give immunity to certain status ailments on certain days. On Tuesday it's Eileen and she can electrify the party for example. Victoria gives electrify immunity for 2/4/6 turns so try to pick her up at some point. Yui gives Silence immunity for Dellons / Thursday, Lania gives immunity to frozen on Spike / Saturday, and Karin or Leo give Death immunity for Kris / Sunday.

There are masteries in this game which are basically always on passive boosts. On the main screen it's under "Mastery" near the top middle. It's a good investment for rubies early on and its a goal to get it maxed out at some point.

Do daily quests for feed power up units. Always do the daily dungeon, it's the main source of hero awakening shards which are key to getting good units now. Try to do other things like world boss and castle rush even if you don't score well. Just entering will get you the baseline rewards. If you grind units to lv30 in adventure mode make sure to turn on Hot Time (click the status board w/ time in the upper right of the main screen then select the Hot Time tab). If you need help with putting a team together or aren't sure if a unit is good or where they're best ask in the thread and hopefully somebody can help you out.

(trying to organized all the little things in this game is a bit overwhelming)

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I hope you guys don't mind me being off-topic, but playing 7k with y'all was so good I figured I'd post.

I've just downloaded a game called War of Crown, it's a tactics-styled game that seems to be styled like 7k. It seems fun, if any of you download it let me know so we can clan up. The game is by Gamevil, not sure if they suck or not but this game seems reasonable early on.

Also, is 7k doing any better than it was a few months ago? I remember the awakening mishaps being the worst.

Edit: For newbies to 7k, you will end up with a lot of units. Even if you go wrong early on, you'll definitely get on the right path in no time. And you don't have to be 100% optimized, either. I used Giparang well past his time at the top of the tier list and I still held amazing arena scores and cleared a lot of SP content.

Agoat fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Jul 12, 2017

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

King's Raid meanwhile has been waddling along. Bunch of new heroes, got Blue Raid a couple of weeks ago, should be getting Green raid this week. PvE content got Hell Mode which seems like content that was designed for people who already had maxed out T2/70 teams, I haven't managed to clear a single level of it yet and I'm mostly T2/~63. Leaves a gigantic gap in what to do, as previously mentioned the leveling is glacial once you hit the 60s even abusing stacking buffs. Nothing real exciting honestly, I'm on the edge of moving on to other things now in spite of how much I like the characters in KR.

I bounced off of PAD again because all of the stuff I really disliked about it came flooding back. Resolve mechanics, and being loaded with other stupid 'gotcha' mechanics that you have to read the game's script files to get around, thus forcing you to rely on a website that's written and laid out like poo poo to know how to even beat a dungeon before you enter it. Combined with pathetically slow Stamina regeneration rates and the fact the game takes your Stamina when you enter. Meh.

Fate:GO doesn't look interesting in the slightest to me, I don't give a single poo poo about Fate to begin with and none of the characters look very appealing to me. No idea how it actually plays, but every time I looked at the thread previously it was just pages and pages and pages of people rerolling at talking about who is garbage/good. So I got the vibe it was more a Granblue ripoff than anything like 7K/KR so staying faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar away from that.

There are far too many of these games and it seems difficult to find ones that aren't stupidly abusive to F2Pers, have some genuine gameplay mechanics, and have an actual decent amount of content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Awakenings were kinda fixed. A.Shane isn't all what she is in KR (based on what others have said) but her awakened form isn't the same as normal Shane outside of raiding for example. There's still specialization but it isn't as poorly shoved in as it was before. A.Sieg for example got his cooldown reduction on regular attack changed so he can use it anywhere but in Castle Rush it changes from 10s reduction per hit to 15s per hit.

Castle Rush got changed so it is more like a World Boss now. Now you start on the 7K round and have five minutes to do as much damage as possible. Rook has also disappeared but Chancellor and Aragon are still the CR Hard versions with 3 hit 3000 fixed damage attacks. It's nice that CR doesn't take as long now but it's just wail on a 7K for 5m then done, there's no extreme phase or anything either.

There's been some other changes, there's only the daily dungeon now. The rice cake and power up crystal are daily mission rewards now and all missions nets you a 4*+ character instead of 3*. No more "buy an item" quest too. Hero Acquisition Rate was changed so it is just always up. Some other stuff I'm forgetting.

There hasn't been any real new content though. It's still the same old rote stuff. Explorations still suck (and become a monthly quest for hero awakening shards). The UI is still laggy and is still constantly connecting to the servers. Dunno how much longer I'm in it before I bail. I could try War of Crown or King's Raid, or cut down on phone games. I dunno right now.

• Locked thread