Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Was Bleach good?
This poll is closed.
yah 57 21.03%
nah 214 78.97%
Total: 271 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Bleach is was a manga published in Weekly Shounen Jump. It was pretty good at first and then it got incredibly bad. Recently it was cancelled for being a piece of poo poo that never went anywhere for years on end. Chapter 686 was the final chapter, and it resolved nothing.

Ghosts are silly and Kubo Tite is a hack. So, have at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Bleach ended and Ash lost again.

Today was a good day.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Nah, last chapter was ok. I mean, it had Aizen essentially ruling over all as soul king. Or well, I guess that's how that went.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

I still have no idea what happened in the final chapter, outside of the Karakura parts.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Why does Chad look like Aizen x Shunsui now that he's a boxer?

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Sprite141 posted:

Nah, last chapter was ok. I mean, it had Aizen essentially ruling over all as soul king. Or well, I guess that's how that went.

request to put these delusions in the op

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

:gas:

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Sprite141, I'm sorry to tell you, but you're under the effects of Kyoka Suigetsu. That's the only way I can imagine the ending you must have read.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
Worthwhile things Chad did the entire manga = 0

Maybe he can cross over with Hajime No Ippo and get murdered by the Dempsey Roll, for old times sake

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Voted Worst Mom posted:

Sprite141, I'm sorry to tell you, but you're under the effects of Kyoka Suigetsu. That's the only way I can imagine the ending you must have read.

So you think you're gazing at a good ending... fascinating.

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

It sure did end.

It's not the worst ending I've ever seen.

But after everything that happened, I'm not left satisfied.

gently caress you Kubo.

DeadBonesBrook posted:

Maybe he can cross over with Hajime No Ippo and get murdered by the Dempsey Roll, for old times sake

He whacked a hollow with a telephone pole and that's baller.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

DeadBonesBrook posted:

Well if this was hajime no ippo, I'm sure he'd be drawn as a giant ape man who hops around the ring

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Do you think that pregnancy tease Matsui did for Assassination Classroom's ending was him mocking Naruto, which has turned into him pre-emptively mocking Bleach?

I can't wait for Gintama's ending, in which Gintoki will have impregnated every female character and also Katsura and Takasugi

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I'm glad Bleach is dead, and hope it doesn't haunt Shonen Jump, cursing other series to have unnecessary antagonists and weird tonal and genre shifts that ultimately are for the worse

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

OnimaruXLR posted:

Do you think that pregnancy tease Matsui did for Assassination Classroom's ending was him mocking Naruto, which has turned into him pre-emptively mocking Bleach?

uhh

no

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

We're free now. Good luck to you all.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Is the reason all these shounen manga seem to end in pregnancy some subliminal attempt to get the declining birth rate up?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

BlitzBlast posted:

Bleach ended and Ash lost again.

Today was a good day.

gently caress YOU, i was about to keep watching that episode and just checked bleach since that has nothing to do.

anyway, the ending was a mild fart, which is the best Bleach has achieved in ages. It's just an ending, uninspired and everything but it ended things and didn't waste our time with a hundred pages to give every stupid bozo in this show a page. It's a weaker copy/paste of Naruto's ending for sure.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Kay Kessler posted:

Is the reason all these shounen manga seem to end in pregnancy some subliminal attempt to get the declining birth rate up?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Kay Kessler posted:

it is a very easy way to show that time passed. also, you don't have to develop relationships if you make characters get together solely via timeskip.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here
Remember the Soul Society arc? When it was just Ichigo and friends doing cool poo poo and posing while fighting a bunch of enemies with understandable abilities?

Then nearly every single former enemy became a protagonist, enemies had powers like "I literally can't be hurt" and nothing interesting happened again :negative:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Welcome back dick

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Congratulations to Archenteron, JohnnyCocksville, DolphinCop, and Silver2195.

Dadchigo does not count as a form, so everyone but 1 person already had guaranteed victories.

Last name was chosen courtesy of Discord.

Tell me if you want an avatar certificate or a name change certificate. If you've got plat, I'll message you the code, if not, gimme a way to contact you.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

Kay Kessler posted:

It's a pretty standard trope for anything ending with an epilogue, it just feels especially hollow for most any shonen fight series that never bothered to include actual romance or relationship building to throw in an "oh by the way these two random people had a kid" and expect anyone to care.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Kabanaw posted:

Remember the Soul Society arc? When it was just Ichigo and friends doing cool poo poo and posing while fighting a bunch of enemies with understandable abilities?

Then nearly every single former enemy became a protagonist, enemies had powers like "I literally can't be hurt" and nothing interesting happened again :negative:

Ah yes understandable abilities like Skyscraper sword, My spiritual aura protects made from your blade, and Ghost baboon in my hilt

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Voted Worst Mom posted:

Ah yes understandable abilities like Skyscraper sword, My spiritual aura protects made from your blade, and Ghost baboon in my hilt

hey, many of us were stupid children when we read that. how were we supposed to know that all the stuff that kubo made seem really significant was just meaningless fluff?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
note: the stuff he didn't present as being significant was also meaningless fluff.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ikkaku really got the shaft.

My sword can become a staff.

And super sword breaks.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
The worst thing Bleach ever did was prevent Luffy from entering Smash Flash 2 for several years until he was finally announced last weekend

Otherwise it was just a passing fart in the wind and I'm glad it lost popularity quickly

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Bleach was good for 5 years and then it was poopy

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yYS0ZZdsnA&hd=1

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Congratulations to Archenteron, JohnnyCocksville, DolphinCop, and Silver2195.

Dadchigo does not count as a form, so everyone but 1 person already had guaranteed victories.

Last name was chosen courtesy of Discord.

Tell me if you want an avatar certificate or a name change certificate. If you've got plat, I'll message you the code, if not, gimme a way to contact you.

I'll have an avatar certificate

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4Fvsgv0bYw

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Kay kay, I'll try and get 'em out by the end of the week.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Freeeeeddoooommmm!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Only took until very literally the last loving chapter to find out Yhwach's motivation.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here

Voted Worst Mom posted:

Yeah it was still dumb but at least it made sense visually

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Chad wanted to only use his fist to protect but became a boxer.

Ishida was glad to be part of Ichigo's group but is completely alone in the ending.

Orihime wanted to be a robot but is a housewife that can't cook.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Momo still thinks that Aizen is good on the inside for some reason

• Locked thread