Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«1131 »
Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

not that i think you're wrong, mind you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

less laughter posted:

To make you feel a bit old today is exactly 5 years after Sylveon was first revealed.

Ah the days when we thought there was a Bug Eevee.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

I thought it was Flying before the Fairy type was revealed

Phweengee
Nov 5, 2012

A request for insight please.

I finally got a timid Poipole/Naganadel with Hidden Power Ground, unfortunately the 3 maxed stats are HP, attack, and defense. It's speed stat IV is lower than special attack, but the actual value of speed is 116 vs SPA of 114. Assuming I don't put more ev into SPA than speed, i don't need to worry about that SPA stat creeping higher than speed, do I?

I'm trying to make sure in the long run that beast boost continues to buff speed and not SPA.

I think, based on the core stat chart, it shouldn't be a problem, but I want to be sure.

Also, I plan to use bottle caps, will that affect beast boost? If so, then my concern is moot.

Toraen
Apr 6, 2009

Phweengee posted:

I finally got a timid Poipole/Naganadel with Hidden Power Ground, unfortunately the 3 maxed stats are HP, attack, and defense. It's speed stat IV is lower than special attack, but the actual value of speed is 116 vs SPA of 114. Assuming I don't put more ev into SPA than speed, i don't need to worry about that SPA stat creeping higher than speed, do I?

I'm trying to make sure in the long run that beast boost continues to buff speed and not SPA.

I think, based on the core stat chart, it shouldn't be a problem, but I want to be sure.

Also, I plan to use bottle caps, will that affect beast boost? If so, then my concern is moot.

With Timid nature and 31 IVs + 252 EVs in both, Speed will still be higher than Special Attack, since the nature is a 10% boost after everything else. For the purposes of Beast Boost, your final stats are what's considered, so a bottle capped stat is equivalent in that determination to a 31 IV.

Phweengee
Nov 5, 2012

Toraen posted:

With Timid nature and 31 IVs + 252 EVs in both, Speed will still be higher than Special Attack, since the nature is a 10% boost after everything else. For the purposes of Beast Boost, your final stats are what's considered, so a bottle capped stat is equivalent in that determination to a 31 IV.

Good deal. Thank you.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Phweengee posted:

I gotta say that I really hate the way Hidden Power works. It feels like unless you have great luck or the ability to edit Pokemon via a 3rd party program you can never get the HP that you want.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.

Phweengee posted:

Bottle caps change the stats, so yes beast boost will be affected.

The only way a bottle capped mon differs (in battle) from a non-bottle capped mon is that its apparent IVs might not match its Hidden Power type (c/d?)

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Hammerite posted:

Bottle caps change the stats, so yes beast boost will be affected.

The only way a bottle capped mon differs (in battle) from a non-bottle capped mon is that its apparent IVs might not match its Hidden Power type (c/d?)

Correct. The only thing its 'real' IVs matter for are hidden power and breeding post- Bottle Cap.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Zzzz... sploosh... zzzz... KABOOM... zzz... sploosh...

Bottle Caps don't change Hidden Power, it just acts like the IV is 31, so you might as well bottle cap your stats to max and then EV appropriately, that's what will change what gets boosted by Beast Boost.

oddium
Feb 20, 2006

bottle caps are a sin

Phweengee
Nov 5, 2012

Y'all are confirming several things I thought I understood, thank you. Except for bottle caps being a sin. Hammerite, I appreciate your DROD avatar.

ArmyOfMidgets
Dec 29, 2013

Goons Steal?
No Dignity!

Next week's pokemon episode looks a little different...
https://twitter.com/morningmoonmeme...171217166000129

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.

Phweengee posted:

Y'all are confirming several things I thought I understood, thank you. Except for bottle caps being a sin. Hammerite, I appreciate your DROD avatar.

I am always pleased when somebody recognises my avatar, and also when I am asked why my avatar is a clown's head coming out of a vagina, as has been known to happen

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

I'm Taro Kitazawa! I'm going to draw comics in America!

Giving everyone an update on history's greatest atrocity:

iospace
Apr 20, 2020

Grimey Drawer

I fail to see the problem

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Next week's pokemon episode looks a little different...
https://twitter.com/morningmoonmeme...171217166000129

Pokemania 2018. Now all we need is Hawlucha.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

CubeTheory posted:

Giving everyone an update on history's greatest atrocity:

You think you have it rough, my favorite gen 7 is Araquanid. That head bubble makes most merchandise unfeasible.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

A lady after my own Soul-Heart.

Ometeotl posted:

You think you have it rough, my favorite gen 7 is Araquanid. That head bubble makes most merchandise unfeasible.

If they can make a Rotom plush and just forget about his blue aura I think they can make an Araquanid one.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

SO EMBARRASSING

Pokemon Showdown is a fun game.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-705338660

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Lipstick Apathy

The handy way to know who the best player in the match is whomever nicknamed their pokemon is the better player.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

gerrymandered the steak

i remember last march when i was in the pokemon megacenter in ikebukuro they only had merch for like, pikachu, eevee and its evolutions, and various alola pokemon

two of my friends wanted absol and gardevoir and i wanted togekiss and i walked out without any of em

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Clear off, fatso, this is a respectable establishment

Lipstick Apathy

Holy poo poo! A shiny Steenee! I’ve never found a shiny before! She’s gorgeous

Reinanigans
Aug 31, 2005

"See? Now this is why you didn't get a movie." -Suicune

Would anyone with PKHex access mind helping me out with my Poipole today? I remembered to bring a Synchronize pokémon for its nature, but I forgot about IVs and now its speed IV is wrong.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Clear off, fatso, this is a respectable establishment

Lipstick Apathy

I evolved my random-encounter shiny Steenee and now she is kicking things in the face. I'm so happy. Named her Gloriana.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

yay

HopperUK posted:

I evolved my random-encounter shiny Steenee and now she is kicking things in the face. I'm so happy. Named her Gloriana.

Tsareena is a true queen, and you're lucky to have a shiny one. The one plant queen to rule them all.

«1131 »