Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Zayn and Neville in the dusty classic would own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

rovert posted:

They've got Roderick Strong, the ex-TNA guys and CWC guys to hand so it will be much better than last year in the early rounds.

Please lord give me Roddy and Cedric together

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Bobby Roode should have a submission finisher called the Glory Hold

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Aaliyah, Asuka, Billie Kay, Peyton Royce, Ember Moon, Nikki Storm and Crazy Mary is a cool women's division.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

They want HHH to take over for Vince but the shareholders see Vince as the only person who can do what Vince does, so they want to use NXT as an example to point to that says "HHH can do this. He is the guy to take over."

NXT's primary purpose at this point in time is to exist as a highly successful example of HHH running a wrestling company so that there's no pushback whenever Vince is gone and a decision is made to put HHH in charge.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

It's less that they HAVE to be in agreement and more that they don't want the stock to take a dive because it looks like the shareholders and the leadership are at odds.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

They originally had issues with Charlotte apparently and Bayley is just ridiculously unlike the people they used to call up.

I know there's a lot of "Charlotte got off the juice" chatter but i'd be shocked if it wasn't simply Vince and co. wanting her to lose tone because she didn't look womanly enough for them.

Truther Vandross fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Aug 29, 2016

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

pressedbunny posted:

Still don't understand why Blake & Murphy are singles now.

Murphy can at least work well and the other one is lead weight trash

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Toe Maso Champa

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Basic Chunnel posted:

Enjoying this throwback to the days when NXT was a developmental fed.

Didn't Crawford have a story? Something about him seems familiar

Was he the one that had the horrendous stutter?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Capsaicin posted:

That was Kenneth Johnson.

Oh I thought that was who that was

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Angelo Dawkins is basically Shelton Benjamin if he wrestled in quicksand

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

rovert posted:

Ember's theme is very busy. Seems like two songs at once. Like you left a second tab open and forgot to close it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLZybc-xIKA

If they could just keep the beginning going throughout, that would be great.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

New boobs probably

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

dordreff posted:

I thought it was Dana Brooke? Her old ones got destroyed by Asuka's rear end, so she had to get new ones.

Both are correct

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Benne posted:

Does Kevin Dunn even watch NXT?

In my head, I've always assumed he did and then immediately sent detailed reports to Vince of all the stuff he hates

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Eltoasto posted:

No boob job though, so she'll never get a push.

Pretty sure she has fake boobs or at least did at one point when she was doing the IFBB stuff.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Capsaicin posted:

Is there any drat way that Revival doesn't win the WO/F4W tag team of the year this year?

Does New Day not count or something?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Spermgod posted:

i think she's like Bayley where she's very pretty by any sane standard but not necessarily by WWE's. i'd say they wouldn't hire another woman like that while they already have Bayley, but since she's on the main roster now i guess Nicole has a shot.

Well if looks were ever gonna hurt Savoy, she better praise god she's in a group with Lovelace and Baszler

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

rovert posted:

What athletic background does Nikki Storm have?

She wrestled before NXT

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

His only real problem connecting has been being hurt.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Please cut Tino and give this theme to Shelton Benjamin when he arrives.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

After how Gail Kim left, I'd be surprised if she was asked back.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Baron Corbyn posted:

WWE bring back people who poo poo on the company all the time.

She walked out of the ring in the middle of a battle royal. I know they rarely care about vocal opposition but adlibbing on screen is a different beast IMO

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

flashy_mcflash posted:

I'm wondering this too (sans the Toru Yano shirt thing). Don't they usually film a few matches for the weekly show either before or after the Takeovers, especially if they're outside Full Sail?

They're out of canned eps, so my guess would be they film one episode before Takeover starts and the next tapings happen the following week.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

That's a real good card

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Super No Vacancy posted:

is daria the shooter gimmick from tough enough

Yea

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

rovert posted:

A year since this was taped: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pzfx87iEeS8 Thought I should mark it.

You thought wrong

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Hinoarashi posted:

Won't be live iirc.

Yea they're taping for NXT tv.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

rovert, do you know if they're looking at doing a 32-person deal again or if it will be scaled back to 16?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

They'll probably just have Natalya in the booth since she lives right there.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Veda is not a very good worker but I guess they could hire her to do interviews or be a manager or something.

Despite her flaws as a worker I could see some value in having a woman in NXT who could actually cut a promo.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

It's possible that could also be on the show next week as I doubt Joe-Nak went an hour

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Rovert, did Hero have serious heat with anyone besides Demott is first time around?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Hahahaha Bjoern Werner flamed out so loving fast

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

That is a real good name

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

They only reason I can think of to keep the revival in NXT is so they can continue to have good matches.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Phenix Rising posted:

So, I'm confused. Did Hero return at a taping or a house show? Been wondering when he'd be popping up on TV again just assuming his return was for TV, but maybe not?

He showed up at a tv taping but it was a dark segment at the end.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

RealFoxy posted:

Pre/Post shows probably

Probably more like 10 if you count runovers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Nigel is on the preshow panel for takeover tomorrow

• Locked thread