Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

spaghetti carbonara is both easy to make and delicious as hell, and somehow it tastes better when you re-heat the leftovers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

there are many ways to make carbonara but there is no wrong way to make it. it's the perfect dish

i need to get some spicy italian sausage and use it in place of bacon next time i cook some

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Away all Goats posted:

italian food is great if you want to be fat
people from italy and france live to be old as gently caress in spite of cooking with a lot of olive oil and butter, respectively. must be the ridiculous amounts of wine that they drink

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i had a roommate who's one of those old-school italians from south brooklyn and one day he spent several hours making his own tomato sauce. i never did get to ask for his recipe

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Chinatown posted:

i just ate a microwaveable chicken alfredo that i bought for $1
you can do better. there's really not a whole lot of effort that you need put into pasta dishes

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

the northeast is good because it's got a lot of italian restaurants, even in the suburbs. and some of them aren't even mafia fronts!

Chinatown posted:

i get the italian sausages in the meat section at costco theyre really good with pasta
that's the spirit. gotta get some of those myself. also i just remembered that i froze my last serving of carbonara from last week so i know what i'm having for dinner tomorrow

Number_6 posted:

Johnny Carino's recently declared like super-bankruptcy (again) so if there's one near you, go there before it closes!

http://nrn.com/corporate-news/johnny-carino-s-owner-files-bankruptcy
lol the owner bitched about scary scary obamacare as a reason. that's texas for you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

there is no "proper" carbonara because it always tastes good as hell. i do use pecorino romano though, it gives it the best texture

Chief McHeath posted:

Unless you get your pizza from a "oh ah mah god it's a really from a Italy, myah family!" place it's all frozen.

Fake dough discs with rising chemicals and assholes that don't wash and sanitize before they touch it.

We've all eaten ballsack pizza.
i live two blocks away from a place that makes the best drat slice of pizza i've had. it's a little more expensive than average ($3 each) but one slice is all you need. the cheese isn't that shredded mozzarella from a bag that you usually get at even the average pizzeria in NYC, it's some special blend that melts so thick that it's like eating an extra cheese slice. it's so good and i'm upset that i have to wait two weeks to have another slice (it's family-owned and they're going on vacation)

• Locked thread