Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
Yeah I didn't think Michelle was overly harsh. I like Adore too, but she looked kinda basic and this is all stars so c'mon step yo pussy up! She's shown us before that she can keep the awesome punk Adore style but really execute it well, remember that look she did her season with the white wig, white corset, tutu and boots, with the bejeweled chain? That look was a complete thought. This look was not a complete thought, it was a dress and gloves. Her makeup was on point, though! I hope she rallies. I'd like to see her do well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
Why isn't Alaska getting any decent confessionals? Seems like she has not had almost any screen time in the talking head segments. I don't get the sense that I know her personality as much this season, even though she's bringing it to the challenges and runway, and I think that's why.

I wasn't that impressed by PhiPhi's performance in the acting challenge, but I kinda hate most of the acting challenges and find it hard to pick who's best unless there's a really obvious standout like Bob in RuCo's Empire. This one was pretty boring and didn't have any standouts to me. I thought Detox or Katya would end up in the top with Alaska, not PhiPhi, and that's not just PhiPhi hate - I think she's really talented. I thought she would win that lipsync though, she sold it for me more than Alaska did. Was Alaska wearing mens' boots? WTF was that. Wouldn't Lil Poundcake have Mary Janes on at least?

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!

Propaganda Machine posted:

Speculation based on melodrama:

The rumor that Alaska's bitter ex spoiled the boot list might have something to do with a less-visible edit

That... sucks. :(

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
I think Tatiana is sweet, clever, and beautiful. I was originally skeptical about them bringing her back to be on All Stars, but she's fantastic and I'm so glad she's back. And of course Alyssa is just a national treasure. Back back back back back again! Also I looked at Alyssa's Instagram and the photos of Justin teaching kids to dance are heartwarming.

Phi Phi won me over completely with her 365 days of drag series. She was sweet and fun on the BOTS tour and seemed to no longer care about the old rivalry with Sharon, so I assumed that her season was just a case of some immaturity and reality TV drama and wrote it off. But Christ... The romper room fuckery and public meltdowns are too much. Good God Get A Grip, Girl.

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
Roxxxy's vaudeville number in the first episode was pretty great. She's generally served great looks on the runway. But yeah, whiffing most of the challenges.

I haven't found Katya disappointing but also haven't seen her perform at the level of Alaska or Alyssa Edwards.

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!

Inadequate Areolas posted:

Leaked Alyssa spoilers

Dude, spoiler tags, please!

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!

caligulamprey posted:

Worst runway look.

Now, for the John Waters runway, we're looking at a winner.

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
I yelled NO at my TV screen. That had to be strategic.

I also thought Katya should have won the lipsync.

So glad Katya went for it in her commercial and didn't let that business douche get in her head. Her look ruled too. I wonder why she changed it for the lipsync, was that a Joan Jett look?

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
Yeah, I loved Bianca on the show but found her stand-up not so great. It was Carlos Mencia kinds of racist and unoriginal. She's an incredibly talented performer and what I've seen of her hosting shows, she's fantastic and hilarious. Just not so good stand-up on her own.

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
Does anyone know of a good service to stream from live or at least a little after airing? I don't have actual cable, so I tried buying a season streaming pass on Google Play for Season 8 and Amazon Prime for All-Stars 2, and they never had the episode uploaded until late the next day. It's so hard to avoid spoilers and I can't talk to anyone about it.

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!

Yeah, I am aware of this site, I just wanted to get HD and support the network by paying.

<3 SHADE CHI! Daaaaaang girl

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
Watched all the meet the queens segments. Sasha Velour really stood out, so did Peppermint, Valentina, and Alexis Michelle. They all came off as really personable, funny, interesting, and had fashion and makeup and hair on point.

Charlie Hides and James Mansfield were also quite good and funny.

Nina Bo'Nina Brown has a really cool aesthetic, but I wasn't impressed with the attention to detail - the earpieces looked pretty bad and I think her makeup needed some refinement. Like the natural comparison is to Acid Betty, but Acid's execution was always so flawless, and I think the edges were rough for Nina.

Shea Coulee has a neat aesthetic but again I thought the outfit/makeup was not *quite* as refined - I think she looked good though.

Farrah Moan was so fishy! I wasn't a huge fan of the latex cheerleader thing, but it was very well-executed.

Trinity Taylor I couldn't pay attention to what she said because I think there was just too much going on with her outfit. The breastplate looked bad, the rhinestoned ribbons AND the fur AND the huge bejeweled choker? I felt like she could pull off the fur and choker combo, but not with the bejeweled titty straps, or she could pull off the bejeweled titty straps but not with the busy neckline... needed serious editing. I'm inclined to be harsher on the makeup and overall look for the interview videos because it's not like they were in a competition time crunch.

Aja and Kimora both seemed kind of bitchy and, well, not very clever. It's only a short interview, but I didn't get much personality besides "I tell it like it is."

I don't think the others quite stood out for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
Wow, that stuff is cool. I'm going to go see Sasha in a couple weeks. She was one of my favorites from the Meet the Queens videos, but drat, the Gollum/Wuthering Heights thing, and the projection... so unique!

• Locked thread