Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Today Google's doodle is for Yma Sumac's 94th birthday, so of course, I had to repost one of the most epic lip syncs ever:

https://vimeo.com/64197353

Jinkx did her proud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

CaptainScraps posted:

Can someone screencap or gif Alaska's GLORIOUSLY shady look at 15:15-15:16 of this episode? Oh my god.

Ask and ye shall receive.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

That was absolute bullshit. I saw the commercials and though for sure Tati wasn't the worst. I never thought I'd agree with her, but PhiPhi was right: they are letting Alyssa just rehash old poo poo and letting everything slide. Her commercial was boring. I would have placed her and Roxxy in the bottom and gotten rid of Roxxy. After the burlesque, there was nothing interesting or new about her. She's consistently losing and her runway wasn't as great as Tati's.

I completely agree with the theory of Ru preparing to give Alaska the crown and making it the easiest route to the win. Which, even though it's just tv, sucks. I'm still hoping Katya pulls through for the crown. This soured me to Alaska hardcore.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Man, gently caress this Rolaskatox bullshit. Alaska doesn't deserve it after last week and certainly not this week. But, to be fair, since I'm Team Katya, I'm relieved Alyssa isn't in the running. She stands a chance now.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Okay, quick question about the Reddit spoilers: Did they release a photo of Alaska being crowned by Ru? I recently saw it on Facebook and was told Alaska's winning anyway.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

I wish someone would call RuPaul on her bullshit decision, making Alaska the winner instead of Katya. Still bitter.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Everything Alyssa's been saying is gold. :allears:

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Yodzilla posted:

Just spotted a Thorgy cameo in season 3 of Mozart in the Jungle! I had no idea she could play violin (and other stringed instruments apparently) which just further cements her in my mind as being the Larry Fine of drag.

She's played in concerts in NYC, I think, and on Drag Race, said her goal would be to make all all drag concerto that she would conduct.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Think this means we're getting the announcement this Thursday?

Forgot to screenshot the bottom. It says #Thursday = #RPDR9

Pan Dulce fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Feb 1, 2017

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Man, I love all these Queens. This season better not come out in September or some; I want it now.

I can't tell who's a bottom tier Queen from the interviews. They didn't really have enough to go on. I see this season as being a very nice season: more than three said they'd help other Queens out and not one was given a villain edit off the bat.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Nihonniboku posted:

Raja is so amazing, I still don't understand why seasons later people have such a negative opinion on her. Season 4 gets all the attention, but Raja elevated the show and the drag scene, encouraging queens to go beyond mall chic and the ball scene.

I was one of those people that was kind of annoyed that a friend of RuPaul's before the show won the entire competition and was pulling for Manila to win, but I've seen Raja perform live and I tune in to Fashion Photo RuView all the time and have completely changed my mind. I love Raja and that Marie Antoinette drag look will always be innovative for me. Jinkx and Max have tried their versions, but the original is best.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

That's the second time a team has led to a win: the Heathers with Raja and RoLaskaTox with Alaska.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

So this happened...

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Think the Lady Gaga judging means we'll be getting something like "Madonna Throughout The Ages" runway, with her?

They better not do same looks again.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

If these queens could meet the maker of said song and still perform and win, I'm hoping the trend follows:

Dida Ritz (Natalie Cole), Jaidynn Diore Fierce (Ariana Grande), Sahara Davenport (Martha Wash), Shangela (Vanessa Williams), Coco Montrese (The Pointer Sisters), Alexis Mateo (Fantasia Barrino), Willam (Pam Tillis), Chad Michaels (Wynonna Judd), Adore Delano (Paula Abdul), Katya (Olivia Newton-John), Pearl (Demi Lovato), Robbie Turner (Faith Evans), Chi Chi Devayne (Debbie Harry/Blondie)

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

drat it. It sounds like either he's the guest judge or Todrick is. I'm hoping it's a music challenge and her and Todrick are the guests.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

So... these series of incidents happened this week:

EDIT: More, this time on twitter

Then this did:

It never seems to end with him

Pan Dulce fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Feb 26, 2017

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

I mean, it won an Emmy. Does this move to Friday really mean cancellation is nigh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

http://hellogiggles.com/rupaul-jj-a...medium=Facebook

Holy poo poo. Wow.

• Locked thread