Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

I mean they ran that loving terrible Gay for Play game show, when they could have just done loving Match Game with Drag Queens (not even Snatch Game necessarily) and had a giant loving success.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

I think Alaska is certainly the front runner right now.

That being said, I thought Phi Phi killed the lip sync this week and should have won.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

It may have been because I was impressed by how much Phi Phi's lip syncing has improved, but I felt her take was a better fit to the song and she sold the illusion of actually singing for me.

Alaska's lip synch was really good, so ultimately I'm not too upset, I just thought Phi Phi's was better. :shrug:

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Oh and while Alaska was really fun in the acting challenge I kinda felt she stole Jinkx's Bette Davis from the BotS snatch game performances.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Troposphere posted:

I want phi phi to shut her dumb mouth and just look pretty

But the best part of reality television is people inadvertently revealing all of their character flaws and Phi Phi is the absolute best at that.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Combed Thunderclap posted:

Alaska and Roxxxy have since revealed that this apparent rant was actually just responses to producer questions off-screen. :sigh:

Reality TV is some hosed up poo poo, y'all.

Even so, if you're going on television to rehabilitate your image, don't badmouth fan favorites on camera. Yes, the producers set her up, but there is a way to complain about people that doesn't make you come off as an rear end in a top hat and that's Phi Phi's biggest problem.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

I'm really enjoying Tatiana's new catchphrase for this season.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Midnight Sun posted:

What did PhiPhi say just as she left the stage (that made everyone laugh)?

She sang that jumping from car to car thing.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Oraculum Animi posted:

He had a line during the critiques. I forgot what it was, but it was something positive.

He complemented Detox's comedy routine.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Part of me wonders if Phi Phi's problem with not being able to play to the audience comes from her belief she was promised a redemption edit.
One of the things editing can do is make someone look like they are on the right side of an argument. The showgirls-party city argument was started by Sharon attacking Phi Phi on the runway when Phi Phi was offstage and Sharon was the first to start with name calling. But the editors already had the audience on Sharon's side.
Phi Phi may have been doing that mind game bullshit and actively participating/instigating arguments because she was feeling secure she would come out on the good side in the edit because of her redemption promise.
If that's true she needed to realize that producer's will always go with the easiest storyline they have and WoW is certainly not a company unwilling to burn bridges with former contestants.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

For me, it's partially that I've always had a soft spot for Tati and I like seeing how much she's improved.

The big thing for me however is attitude. She gives fun confessionals, she doesn't get defensive about her missteps, and when she left she expressed disappointment and feelings that Roxxxy was spared due to friendships but she didn't express bitterness.

Plus, she's so loving pretty it's ridiculous.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Trig Discipline posted:

I don't fancy Tati to win at all, but I think she's very pretty and seems really nice and is just generally fun to watch.

I basically agree. I would be happy to see Tati in the final 3; I would be very disappointed if she won, unless she pulls off some major improvements and Alaska, Katya, and probably Detox make some major mistakes.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Flyinglemur posted:

I think Alaska is keeping Roxxy around because she knows she can beat her. That HAS to be it.

:agreed:

I also think this is probably the best result that Tati could hope for.
She gets eliminated on an episode where most people don't feel she was the worst, if she's smart she should be able to turn that sympathy from the fans into a real career boost.

garthoneeye fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Sep 30, 2016

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

I found Tati's behind the scenes elimination really enjoyable to watch, she seems to have exactly the right attitude.

https://youtu.be/ExopINe29r0

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

I think Alaska was worried she would be eliminated because she was the big frontrunner. Also, if one of the queens was still judging on whoever did worst that day Alaska would be the pick.

That being said, for as camera savvy as Alaska has seemed this season; these last two episodes have not been good for her. From her meltdown tonight and her continued insistence that she couldn't eliminate Roxxxy because of the shirt I think Alaska has burned a lot of good will.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Yodzilla posted:

It's not Drag Race but my wife and I have been going through Skin Wars and it's weird seeing RuPaul so sedate and low key.

There's a really great episode of that, where he Season 1 reunion rants at the contestants.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

I always felt that Raja and Manila were fairly tongue-in-cheek about the Heathers thing. The one who really took it to heart was Delta.
I also felt Shangela was just as divisive with her Team Talent - Team Look stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Pan Dulce posted:

If these queens could meet the maker of said song and still perform and win, I'm hoping the trend follows:

Dida Ritz (Natalie Cole), Jaidynn Diore Fierce (Ariana Grande), Sahara Davenport (Martha Wash), Shangela (Vanessa Williams), Coco Montrese (The Pointer Sisters), Alexis Mateo (Fantasia Barrino), Willam (Pam Tillis), Chad Michaels (Wynonna Judd), Adore Delano (Paula Abdul), Katya (Olivia Newton-John), Pearl (Demi Lovato), Robbie Turner (Faith Evans), Chi Chi Devayne (Debbie Harry/Blondie)

Also, Akashia (Michelle Williams)

• Locked thread