Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
FYI, you can get this shipped to you and delivered on release day from Amazon for $48 if you have prime. Legend, etc is also cheaper. Probably the best deal if you intend to play this at release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
I agree 100% with their new team ratings

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Coach K is the tutorial narrator, to truly recreate the NCAA experience on every level

I hope the Coach K AI will lock you out of game modes or refuse to let your myPlayer off the bench if it looks like you are having too much fun.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Disharmony posted:

I skipped 2k16 - did they fix the salary cap already? It's always annoying how I can only resign my 12 year veteran to 380k because I'm over the cap.

They had bird rights last year, and I think the last few years. Its not 100% realistic, but it has the basics in there. If you had a guy on your team for 3 years and you couldn't resign him you did something odd....

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

hopterque posted:

Man, I want to play more pretty badly now.

This was a really good idea by 2K to promote their game.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Once you finish the prelude, you can delete it and reinstall it to make a new due, right?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

It's how I know the seasons are changing.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

I really liked 2k15's myCareer story of an undrafted dude coming into the league. The off-court stuff about friends and family is tiring, I wish they cut down on that and gave you some different options and trajectories to play out an early career.

Seriously, doing the 15-day contracts and signing a 1-year contract is perfect from a gameplay standpoint.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Dexo posted:

They might if they found out said player killed someone(Man gently caress the haters that story owned.)

Nice try, Spike

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

How much VC do I need to spend in bribes to get North Korea Rules adopted?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

I think this is a bigger problem now than when they first started making classic teams. That said, why they wouldn't just make a dorky looking white pg with his stats and a fake name instead didn't make much sense either.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Unless I am missing something you cannot see contract stats when doing a fantasy draft in mygm, which really sucks.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Your reward for getting drafted higher is just landing on a shittier team so don't try so hard.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

FYI, the 2k17 phone app is back. Its a pretty easy way to get 500-1000 VC with the daily reward, and the actual game is decent and can net you an additional 500 every day.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

The blacktop mode is new and pretty cool. The energy refresh cards are way more needed now though.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Tae posted:

Why is kris dunn an 80

KAT is literally the 5th or 6th best player overall, not counting potential or anything. The game wildly overrates rookies/young players.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

zelah posted:

Does Freq exist in this timeline?? I made the cover of Dime and it says "-Freq comes into his own" or is this just a lazy holdover from 16

It would be pretty cool if they randomly placed him on a team, tbh. They'd probably owe Spike some residuals though.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Can someone please clarify what is canon in the NBA2k17 storyline??!?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Anyone's myplayer not deep into the uncanny valley? The actual players are OK but my guy has a bad case of corpse eyes/mouth.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

So really enjoying the bugs this year. My favorite was a 2 on 2 practice in the weird rookie-issued airplane hanger and Denver randomly picked up a 2nd ball that was rolling around. So both he and I were dribbling but only I was guarded. I couldn't pass to him and he just kept dribbling around even when the other team got the rebound. They finally scored and he dropped it.

Like, maybe learn the basic rules of the game if you want to get off the bench, Denver.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

loving spoilers.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

I'm also playing a myLeague season with the Bulls, please don't spoil that, tia

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Hey guys, on our off day you all want to come over to my airplane hangar and practice post defense?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

eleven extra elephants posted:

after putting more hours into it I can't stand this version, pretty much nothing that has irritated me for the past few years has been fixed. I'm an idiot for buying it again.

Really? Like what?

I am a little underwhelmed on the gameplay stuff (I think 2K is starting to slide down the Madden slide of "half-assing releases"), but nothing seems majorly broken or anything.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Tae posted:

Today's patch nerfed passing speeds. Was that a problem or something?

Like, made them slower? If anything I had a problem with passes being too slow on occasion.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Tae posted:

Yeah it said passes are slower across the board now.

Elenkis posted:

Huh? The patch notes said that they increased pass speed.

It looks like some of the articles said it was slower but the 2K facebook page's patch notes says increase:
https://www.facebook.com/notes/nba-2k/nba-2k17-patch-103-notes/10153866078637267/

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Emery posted:

Here's something fun I just noticed, I made a My League to grind up some VC and I chose the Warriors playbook, and now every team I play is also using it

Trade for Kevin Love, shut down their PGs.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Veryslightlymad posted:

Is there anywhere where you can see what Cities/team names (if any outside of the 10 examples) will be said by announcers and poo poo during games? Will any?

Like, if I make a CUSTOM team and make the city "Seattle" will they call it Seattle?

Are there generic "like a billion people will name their teams this" team names that the announcers will say if you make your custom franchise?

my Myteam team is from Minneapolis and they say that, so yeah. I think if its from that city they say it.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Yeah, I usually play 7s and score in the 70s or even 60s. I think this year the CPU is a little more likely to use more clock, and I feel like on all-star I don't get the occasional "ONE TEAM SHOOTS 80% FROM THE FLOOR" like I would now and then on previous versions. Otherwise I'd say I'm scoring about the same.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

I do like the idea of doing myCareer with a "cast" around you, it makes it more interesting even if your team ends up being ridiculously stacked. As far as storymodes go its pretty good.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

MyLeague is much better than myGM. You have none of that stuff.

So this week's myTeam challenge has "Get 12 rebounds in this game. You start in the 4th quarter, and it's 6 minute quarter". The oppposing team only took 11 shots. It's ridiculous, I only got like 5 rebounds in my playthrough.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Tae posted:

I've just been chipping away at mycareer (probably the longest I've been in my 1st year, thanks unskippable cutscenes). What's the major difference between myleague and mygm if I just want manage my team that will eventually have a billion stars thanks to inflated 1st rounder?

myGM has goals for every year that is pretty nice, but it also has stuff where players will come to you with demands that is pretty poorly implemented. In past years you could spend VC to force bad trades through or make players happier, but I always thought that was super dumb and kinda broke the game for me.

myLeague is basically franchise mode. Trades, finances, player mood, draft, etc is all in the game. But it removes some between-game interactions you have with players or the GM that were pretty much all bad.

Play myLeague.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

I'm pretty sure the game just estimates a single game performance based on their stats, not based on how you play at all. Since they probably made sure most estimates for these players were pretty close to reality, I'd expect simulated games they'd perform pretty close to their "real" seasons stats. If you are playing somewhere between 10 and 20% of the games, your outlier games probably aren't enough to move the needle a ton.

You also might be playing "good" players more minutes and the CPU is playing them less to give them rest from your games.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Ball Physics is way better, playing defense in general feels better. Animations are smoother, I actually really like that you need to time your layups (makes dunks better because they are). Post-play is still way overpowered. myTeam/NBA Cards is a lot better this year.

myCareer is better without the Spike Lee stuff, but I got bored of it this year pretty quick again so up to you.

Its not a gigantic change or anything this year, but its a nice improvement overall. I wish they wouldn't charge $60 for it but I still pay it every year.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Tae posted:

I'm not sure what stats I should boost to make post-play overpowered, or maybe PGs are secretly the best post defenders but I really can't do poo poo in the post outside of passing.

I'm on PS4, but if a guy has even somewhat reasonable position in the post, a hook shot will hit like 60% of the time if your timing is good. The fadeaway is also pretty solid, my myCareer PG feasts on those.

To get good, put points into strength to give yourself position, then go hook if your a big or fadeaway if your not (fadeaway on a big helps too).

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

I don't play online, but myTeam is better. I think the difficulty curve is more gradual, and the weekly challenge set is nice.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

My biggest complaint is when you do a fantasy draft it doesn't show the players salary anywhere. I had to draft my team with BBR because I don't remember offhand what Marcus Morris's cap hit is.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

FYI, the My2k app enabled the daily pick'em which gives you 50vc for each game winner you predict. It's not by vegas line, just winner, so it's pretty easy to win 70% of the games. Also a good way to follow how various teams you may not be paying attention to are doing.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

I am very glad I play myLeague instead of myGM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

I think the draft prospects are loaded the same way. I usually do Random, though there are good ones you can download. I think in general how prospects are created suck, but I also think rookies are generally pretty badly portrayed (usually they are way too good).

And yeah, major injuries happen. I haven't had any this year, but last year Dwight Howard randomly had an injury that forced him to retire.

• Locked thread