Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Huh, them releasing the prelude to the mycareer poo poo early and for free is pretty interesting. Also looks like they hopefully went back more towards the old style of mycareer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
https://www.facebook.com/notes/nba-2k/nba-2k17-mycareer-blog/10153795803517267

This sounds loving awesome, really excited to play the prologue poo poo.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Prez has an interesting career track, from police detective to high school teacher to NBA player.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Man, I want to play more pretty badly now.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Tatum Girlparts posted:

So is there no way to start a different character at all? I sucked rear end thanks to being rusty as all hell, and don't think playing a defensive dude was all that fun.

You can start a new guy when the full game is out of course just like always but yeah the 'prelude' was a one time thing.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Uhhh that is new and i'm not just inexperienced with myleague, right? Rule changes is a loving cool addition.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Yeah but uhh those faces didn't have to animate in nearly the same was as the ones now, nor are they even close to the level in terms of polygon count and animation rigging and stuff. The 3 picture method would have you coming off like a stroke victim in cutscenes probably.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Tae posted:

Do NOT cancel practice until you full see the warm-up meter fill up. Otherwise you spent 10 minutes for nothing at the gym.

This is fine actually it'll credit whatever amount you've filled to your 'doin work' bar. Filling the bar just means you're capped for the day.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Tae posted:

Unless there's some hidden stat, you get bonuses for having short wingspan and punished for having long arms. So... Why would I have long arms if it actively hampers my block and rebounding?

Because it's significantly easier to block and rebound shots when you have long arms. Like, your rating will not be as high, but having a good reach is still really important.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Rebounding wasn't useless last year and it doesn't feel like it this year either. Last year you'd get a lot of rebounds ripped away from you by players with a good rating if you were in there trying to grab contested ones.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I think they're permanent since they're only +1 to one stat once in a while.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Cool, two good games and now I get instantly double teamed from minute one of every game I play as a 65 ovr post scoring pf. By instantly I mean so quickly that even if I try and pass it outside it winds up a turnover half the time because by the time I touch the ball I've got two people on me.

Looks like I'll play a different mode for a while, I can't believe they made the awful double team spam from the last few years even worse somehow.
Or maybe I'll just make a PG where getting double teamed is a free assist instead of a big man where you lose the ball instantly 50% of the time.

e: And yes, I'm melting down.

hopterque fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Sep 18, 2016

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Its too bad you can't get Alabaster on your team he's chill. Hopefully when you retire to the hall of fame or whatever your guy actually does a shoutout to him.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I started getting double teamed constantly once I broke into a starting role and its just so so awful as a big man.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I think Denver has Autism but I love him.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Dāvis Bertāns (born 12 November 1992) is a Latvian professional basketball player for the San Antonio Spurs of the National Basketball Association (NBA).

I bought a throwback pack and it gave me a blue, that's my story.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

RBX posted:

I'm on 6 minute quarters.

Uhhh I would consider it very unusual to hit 100 points in 6 minute quarters, unless you mean for both teams combined.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Yeah pretty crazy for the NBA to jump into this as well, we have some football/soccer teams over here that have esports teams for Fifa, but no league involvement.

But there's a lot of big name retired basketball players into esports stuff afaik, so I guess it makes sense for the sport as a whole to dive in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Sounds cool for sure.

• Locked thread