Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I hope you go to the Olympics and you just play by NBA Jam rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Tatum Girlparts posted:

'is this the president of basketball'

'uh sure, yea'

I kinda love this because now I don't know of 'prez' is the new 'freq' for our game given nickname to make dialogue easier to record or if this was the first time anyone ever called the character that and he's just like 'yea sure let's see what happens'.

Now I'm hoping that they just went off the deep end and admitting that it's a Sports RPG means it's actually an alternate sci-fi universe where political action is decided through sick dunks and you just won the 2016 election. Team USA is actually the name for the greatest military force the world has ever seen

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I just really want them to make My Career just bonkers. Keep everything else simulationist and all because that's also fun but yea if we're gonna seriously be saying the words 'sports RPG' I want some anime bullshit then.

I also wish to play Kuroko's Basket: The Video Game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FeY2P4PqsY

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Every year I hope for a playable Doris Burke.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I'm probably going to rent this on release day so I can maximize my experience in the real game: The MyNBA 2K17 Mobile Card Game

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The Glumslinger posted:

Its like last year, except each card color covers a smaller overall range.

Here is a good write up of some of the new features for this year
http://www.operationsports.com/features/2566/nba-2k17-features-improvements-across-the-board-heres-75-of-them/

There are also a lot more features that I havent seen mentioned as far as I can tell

Coach K is the tutorial narrator, to truly recreate the NCAA experience on every level

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Uh, if you skipped the cutscenes you would have missed the whole Bo$$-Key-Yacht$ segment!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdtLxfbyvmA

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

They were making a big deal about locational injuries last year, right? I hope they built upon that with accurate simulation of groin trauma this year

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

You would probably have to make a whole new 2K Games profile I think. You could always make a new character in the full game

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Were you all able to get A+ grades in your college games in the Prelude? Am I just really bad

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I think all the MyCareers are on the same timeline, no? Jackson Ellis showed up in Livin Da Dream

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

zelah posted:

I think it might have been a mistake, looking on twitter it sounds like Shaq calls you Freq at one point.

This sounds like something Shaq would do, though

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I think the best part of The Prelude was that it allowed me to start earning VC on MyNBA 2K17 even earlier than normal.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

OBR posted:

I also like the tweets after the game telling how [#1 ovr player] of the opponent was just too much for you, especially when my D kept his shooting% poo poo and you went 32pts on 12/18 shooting (8/10 3pt) 8ass, 9reb etc.

So just like real life?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Get Oliver Stone to direct a MyGM story mode next year, tia

• Locked thread