Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Pre ordered the Purple edition. Feel that was a mistake, I want the VC but I dont care about Kobe that much :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
From what i read, no. Which i kind of like :frogbon:

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Ooo glad i read this. I was planning on making a lockdown defense type but maybe not now

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Yea I really like the additional celebrations available. Hope the main game has more

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Yea just about all of them have different variations no matter how simple they are

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Oh sweet they specify dunk packages with players again I like that way better than the generic "superstar 2 hander off on foot" or whatever

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

RockNRoll Jesus posted:

God drat it. Every year, every single year TAE BITCHES ABOUT THIS GAME FOR PAGES AND PAGES AND PAGES AND PAGES AND PAGES

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Got a dumb question while I count the minutes until im off and can actually play. If i choose a type am i locked out of other badges? Like if I'm a defensive stopper can i still do pick and roll maestro or whatever?

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
It's probably known but i just found out the hard way so just fyi to those playing MyTeam. You just start off with 2 or 3 really good free agents but CAN NOT resign them to contracts so the 5 games you have them are best spent in domination mode as the first challenges you have access to are pretty easy with the basic starter scrubs

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Seltzer posted:

Did they change the online pausing mechanism

NO ONE KNOWS WHAT THIS IS

You've posted this like 4 times and no one has answered can you explain what you're talking about and I'll try and find out my pal

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Man i really have to re evaluate what's going on in my life when I'm low key mad that im now spoiled on 2k cutscenes

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Ok this OJ feature is pretty cool. Outside of Justice not sure where the name comes from

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Well nevermind.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
HEY HANNIBAL BURRESS NEAT

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
My guys cheeks are super puffy but besides that its cool

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Lockback posted:

I'm also playing a myLeague season with the Bulls, please don't spoil that, tia

Makes me feel better thanks. That's what i get for trying other modes and not playing myplayer in one sitting

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
A throwback pack just gave me something called a Davis Bertans who is allegedly a current Spur and I want to break my loving controller

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I like going from seeing the "raise the roof" motion as a celebration to purchase wondering why they even have that super outdated poo poo and then seeing that it belongs to Russell Westbrook and therefore most likely an amazing troll I now want it

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
The last team on Historic Domination is such bullshit but goddamn I cant stop trying to finish for all the stars :(

Seriously this is the most unfun thing ive put myself through since the old SNK fighting game bosses. How the gently caress does anyone beat this team with enough MT points to get 3 stars

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Oct 18, 2016

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Yea i fuckin hate that request and just started ignoring it

In other news Lebron is garbage in this game and is almost completely unusable in MyTeam

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Lockback posted:

MyLeague is much better than myGM. You have none of that stuff.

So this week's myTeam challenge has "Get 12 rebounds in this game. You start in the 4th quarter, and it's 6 minute quarter". The oppposing team only took 11 shots. It's ridiculous, I only got like 5 rebounds in my playthrough.

Just did it this morning. Key is giving them enough room to take a bad shot and taking the quickest shot possible on your end. Ended up with about 15.

The blocks challenge a few weeks ago i found fuckin impossible though

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Seriously it's frustrating because on one hand its holy poo poo Lebron on my team looks intimidating as hell oh but he can't shoot and finishes weaker than the emerald Jay Williams im replacing with him

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Nice. I like just about all those. Hopefully there are now actual consequences to reach in fouls on black court

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Was hoping something in the patch plus time away would lead to me finally completing historic domination.

nah

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
You fuckers couldve told me spamming post moves was how to beat historic domination :mad:

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I read they patched it this year as well but I never used post moves in the past so I couldnt tell you if its unpatched. I basically just used a combo of Greg Monroe, Rookie Garnett, and KAT to get Kareem and Shaq in foul trouble

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
My """"post moves""" are back in shot fake shot fake shot fake oh poo poo he jumped *foul or dunk*

Actually yea i do know what you mean and that is patched out. Completely forgot that was a thing for a while

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Id say steals and blocks are much better now. You really notice the ball physics. Sometimes it does lead to bullshit blocks when the other person jumps early and jump before theyre completely back on the ground

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Woo happy Michael Cooper day everyone

MyTeam online for me has improved dramatically since I started focusing on building my teams like I do on MyGm with defense first

what the gently caress it was stuck on search so I restarted my ps4 and they tagged me with a loss and used up a contract. :mad:

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Nov 12, 2016

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Yea subbing on the fly is stupidly difficult as is seeing how tired your current player is. Not sure why they changed that

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Seltzer posted:

Just got the game on sale. They took away my two favorite parts of myteam, player quality restrictions when climbing the ladder and dynamic cards ... great. Now I have to grind out a bunch of dominations to even be able to start in the bronze league. Also whoever designed the player cards this year should be fired. Anyone got any budget recs for a cheap starting 5 I have some silver scrubs and emerald Bogut.

e- Any big gameplay changes from last year I should know? Stealing is now possible I guess?

Kemba walker is usually cheap and is drat good on myteam same with Bazemore. Despite his avg stats randy Wittman is cheap and a boarding machine

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Oh I forgot Pau Gasol is good and cheap too. I leaned on him heavy most of the first part of Domination

Also ymmv because his rating is garbage (as it should be) but for some reason I kill it with Lance Stephenson every year. He can drive past most defenders his size and if you have him against a smaller defender he can post them easily. Only thing he seems to not be able to do is shoot 3's.

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Nov 27, 2016

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Lol the game literally did not let me score for a full 4 minutes. Online is such bullshit

Weird missed layups dunks you name it.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Wow a moments challenge for 7k MT and I just have to win and score 8 points with KAT?? Thanks for the free mo- oh youve made the Knicks God-tier

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Yea it was my b. I used my "challenge team" of sub emerald players. Got serious and used my good team and got it

I have no loving clue how im doing the Greek Freak challenge though

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Dec 3, 2016

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Lockback posted:

Do you get a challenge token for doing all the moment's challenge?

Giannis's market is inflated now so I don't think I'll bother with that one otherwise.

Nah and that challenge is over I think. Just get a shitload of MT.

I like the moments challenges much better even if it does inflate markets, because I can just turn around and get my mt back or more once I complete it :frogbon:

give me those over the "can you hold a 8 point lead against the 76ers?????" challenges

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
60 through 3 quarters that Klay Thompson moments card is going to be ricic

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

The Taxman posted:

Does anybody else experience having players (including myself, having played mostly mycareer) remain in the game after their sixth foul, often until the next timeout? It's cool to get bonus stat-line stuffer but it's somewhat ridiculous, although I haven't earned a seventh foul yet.

Funny that JUST happened to me for the first time and had no clue wtf. I have fouled out twice before though so maybe the recent update screwed it up?

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

ID129 posted:

I need one more Amethyst to complete the Big Man Collection and get a Diamond Patrick Ewing. I don't have the time to grind out MT and prices will rise. Anyone know of any legit MT sellers for PS4?

http://www.nbamt2coins.com/nba-2k16-ps4/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Seltzer posted:

Anyone tried the moments wall challenge. Seems like a major pain in the rear end. Also the new Drummond card looks absolutely ridiculous. My ultimate goal is to get the best Mutombo card and Isaiah Thomas card and then build a team around that. Isaiah will be cheap soon enough but when will the Mutombo Ruby card drop? He's historic and the historic packs alternate or something?

Yea I do enjoy trying the challenges but man they either got to let you try on pro or turn fatigue down some. Its hard as gently caress scoring 50 with one guy especially with the adapt engine

• Locked thread