Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tank is raid leader O.K.
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck you say about the Emperor?

Does anyone have any idea whether the ability to move/rename/rebrand your team will still be in my league this year? Honestly the best part of 2k16 was being able to create my own team, move them to bumfuck nowhere, and staff it with me/my friends etc. It'd be a shame if I couldn't do that this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tank is raid leader O.K.
Apr 6, 2009

Sky Shadowing posted:

It is not only still present but improved. You can now also have expansion teams (up to 6) so that you don't have to pick a team to move. You can just create more out of the ether.

Also you can save and share them so if someone creates a really neat team others can use it too.

Nice. Sounds great.

tank is raid leader O.K.
Apr 6, 2009

That MyCareer write up sounds pretty loving awesome. There's only one thing I want to know now... so they're going to team you up with another player. Fine. The duo are going to be known as "Orange Juice"... okay... does that mean I'm Orange? Or Juice? Jesus, after having to put up with "Freq" last year can I just pick my own bloody nickname this year?

tank is raid leader O.K.
Apr 6, 2009

Sky Shadowing posted:

You're Prez. As in The President Of Basketball.

They said defined nicknames makes it easier for them to have natural dialogue.

I'm not going to lie, I'm hugely disappointed by this. But I'm buying the game regardless so I'll just put up with someone else's nickname for another year. Hopefully the natural dialogue is better than Spike Lee's Tedious Exposition Featuring Spike Lee from last year. Not that doing that would be particularly hard.

tank is raid leader O.K.
Apr 6, 2009

zelah posted:

Couldn't you change your nickname immediately after the spike lee stuff?

Yes, but practically all of the interactions still had you being called Freq, as well as during player of the game, pregame and even more than 50% of the time in game as well. It's a minor thing, really, but it just annoys me since I'd had the same nickname from '11 through to '15.

Edit: At least I have the benefit of having a super common first/last name combo, so in most situations announcers during a game are only calling me by my last name like everyone else.

tank is raid leader O.K. fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Sep 3, 2016

• Locked thread