Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I want forced cutscenes to go away forever. Please stop making me talk to Harden for the 900th time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Just fix:
-Auto double-team at the start of every game, entirely changing how basketball is supposed to be played
-Dumb rear end shooters that hold the ball 2 inches from the 3-point line instead of stepping up and shooting

-Dwight, stop camping at the 3-point line

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Is double-tap shoot while driving=Euro step back yet

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

zelah posted:

Couldn't you change your nickname immediately after the spike lee stuff?

It only takes affect after the 1st year/completing the spike lee stuff.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The worst part is that poo poo crept into the actual gameplay with that Freq dance that locked your character in and hosed up your transition defense.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Oberst posted:

People didn't skip literally every cutscene?

You can't skip some cutscenes. Believe me, as someone that only plays Mycareer up until 2k16 in which the story mode was so horrible I actually tried the other modes.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

zelah posted:

16 got me real into MyGM. It seemed too easy to get favorable trades and end up with 4-5 1st round picks every year while still making it to the finals though. Did the difficulty you set at the start matter for the simulation? Or just played games

That's always MyGM period, because potential boosts trade rating more than basically anything else.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Set a screen, the ball handler will auto use it.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The Glumslinger posted:

Just wanted to mention since I know a bunch of you play on PC that it has been clarified that face scan will be available on PC

What about the badge bug for offline play that's been there for 2 years?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I'm sorry for asking legit problems? Just today, I literally can't access my mycareer because of some 290a problem and I might've lost my year long save file because of it. It's terrible that I have to use cheatengine so I can get the access to buy badges, a problem that's been persistent for the past 2 years.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Oh poo poo, 2k17 is out? Wtf, why did I think it was a tuesday?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

So...I cant skip any cutscenes in mycareer?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Double-tap shoot=euro step is back. So is pre-nerf spin that doesn't stop you on a dime because it was OP in 2k16.

Lack of cutscene skip is annoying. The cutscenes are better, but I guess they're just all-in on mycareer being a one playthough thing and not something most people repeat.

Biggest annoyance so far is that the game doesn't save your option for coach calls. I want to keep it on auto all the time, goddamnit.

I don't know if it's my low stats or a changed mechanic, but you can't double-tap the post button to spin anymore, which was kinda my go-to cheat move when a screen is set. Gonna have to rely more on spin-to-win and post-up->fake a million times until I get an open shot.

Defensive AI is still bad. Opponents randomly getting open because guys are randomly double teaming. And I'm on the Celtics, so bad defense shouldn't be an issue.

Marcus Smart is an elite 3 point shooter???

Do NOT cancel practice until you full see the warm-up meter fill up. Otherwise you spent 10 minutes for nothing at the gym.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

hopterque posted:

This is fine actually it'll credit whatever amount you've filled to your 'doin work' bar. Filling the bar just means you're capped for the day.

I don't mean capping it. I mean if you end practice before the animation fully stops, it only gives you what it filled before the stoppage.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Unless there's some hidden stat, you get bonuses for having short wingspan and punished for having long arms. So... Why would I have long arms if it actively hampers my block and rebounding?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Rebounding is still a useless stat and blocking is cheesy for a pg. But I guess that's just basketball itself since both of those skills are more timing and positional than shooting or being able to power through a layup.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I averaged about 9-10 as a pg on sim superstar, unless you're talking about online.

I only say rebounding was useless because you had a cap on total stats you can upgrade last year.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Did you gain random stats like Ball IQ in 2k16 after practice, or is that new? Doing almost every practice because they're so much less annoying to do when you remove the coach talking factor.

Anyone else get these supposed different cutscenes that are based on your performance?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Steal a lot, although depends on your position.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I got drafted by the Celtics because remember they have the third pick.

Oddly despite being a 6 5 pg on a team with 5 pgs, I rarely play sg. I think it's because i picked playmaker.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

What rating is justin young for you guys?

Edit wtf I can control him???

edit 2: Game-locking bug. If you do the sprint practice and a cutscene happens during it, you're stuck in an animation loop without any way to open the menu.

Tae fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Sep 18, 2016

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Lockback posted:

FYI, the 2k17 phone app is back. Its a pretty easy way to get 500-1000 VC with the daily reward, and the actual game is decent and can net you an additional 500 every day.

By decent, did they change anything about the card game or is it just tap-tastic as usual?

toggle posted:

How's the PC version?

Mileage may vary because PC games, but it runs a little worse than 2k16 (probably because it hasn't gone through 4-5 optimization patches yet). You MUST run with V-sync on or else the game runs like absolute dogshit.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Glum, tell us if the random stat boosts from practice are temp or permanent. No one can figure out which one it is, especially because you can only raise free throws by doing practice

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Away all Goats posted:

Do replays/highlights work now? Little peeved that never got fixed for 2k16

Wouldn't know. I just skip those.

-I was going to comment that there's no sim/default mode for mycareer, but the game physics and energy system lead me to believe it's always on sim.
-Justin Young is literally the best 3-point shooter in the game except for
-Steph Curry averages 45 on a bad day. good christ.
-Took me about 11 games to be a starter (Young also becomes a starter, partly because he's a loving 90 now), but I did basically every practice except at night.
-I unlocked the acrobat badge, but can't use it because I'm a Playmaker. Sucks. I read it takes like 300 assists before I get dimer.
-Either Chris Webber is senile or his script is really bad, because they're basically parading him as a "Wow, the game's evolved way beyond you. We need you to yell at the clouds and call Andre Drummond a good post-player."

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Why is kris dunn an 80

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Look, no one is worse than Vic. But Denver is being very, very close to it. Please shut up, kid.

I'm getting a billion more shot clock violations because there's no sound when it's 5 seconds or less anymore :(

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Seltzer posted:

I'm not one for career modes in general but did anyone like the Spike Lee Joint?

Dexo posted:

They might if they found out said player killed someone(Man gently caress the haters that story owned.)

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Really lovely bug I encountered that randomly happened. Did a practice before a game, literally can't select the game. The only way to continue is to sim to the next game, but that means I lose out on 7 high-stakes deals, including a Jackson Ellis meeting, team practice, and adias meeting.

And this is apparently a common enough problem that I could look up who's having trouble.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Another game breaking bug in which my character is stuck after a game, eternally trying to reach the corridor. And I can't quit out of it because they disable quit buttons for some reason.

Is there any word of a day 1 patch today?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I really hope these cutscenes of justice being traded are mandatory and not indicative of what actually will happen, because why the gently caress are they trading a 88 literal superstar

Also hilarious that they talk about him being an amazing defender and lovely scorer when it's the complete opposite in-game. Although it might be the game's fault with defensive AI because literally someone is always open and it's not because of a screen.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

It'd be a real dick move to kill off my 65% 3-point partner and be forced to rely on Avery Bradly for 3-pointers

Although to be fair, literally everyone is shooting above 45% on 3's, especially horford

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I umlocked the ability to play as the other team which is confusing because how does that work. Do i still get vc? Who do i play as?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

drat, I'm still like 60 overall and I'm halfway through the season. I'm struggling against PGs on all-star because apparently under 30 percent means you actually hit all your 3's westbrook

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Two AI quirks are that are back and I still can't tell if that's a game thing or a roster thing:
-Players taking a stepback jumper on wide open shots for no reason.
-Opposing shooters constantly being wide open because justice starts double teaming across the court for no reason and that leaves his man all the daylight.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Denver destroyed me 5-0 in practice and then got cut. Gameplay wise he shot like 45 on 3s so I'm just going to chalk that up to danny ainge being crazy as usual.

Sidenote, the justice trade storyline makes so much more sense when you're on the celtics.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQHUZBW93yY

I'm not crazy, this is the same bad AI as last year

Literally both happens every game in frustrating ways.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Scoring is never the problem, it's dealing with bad ai teammates while the opponents have objectively boosted that cause all the difficulty of winning.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The storymode expects you to be much more lovely and bad, because I keep getting these cutscenes where I have to ask for more minutes as the leading minute starter on the team.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Today's patch nerfed passing speeds. Was that a problem or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Yeah it said passes are slower across the board now.

• Locked thread