Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

zelah posted:

Wait the other guy in that trailer is just UCB's own Matt Walsh, right?

Yes, in story mode you can skip the NBA and join the Pro Thunderball league.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15m_i6QPAXE

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Aug 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

This is hilarious.
https://twitter.com/Steve_OS/status/774436203005349888?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Since this is out, what classic teams are in it? Are there new classic teams? Also, what international teams besides Team USA and Australia?

edit:
LOL Steve Nash removed from Classic Suns and '03 Mavs. http://www.operationsports.com/forums/nba-2k-basketball/889015-so-no-steve-nash-nba-2k17.html
What is the loving point of having these teams without him in the game? This is as bad as when they had Kareem's teams without Kareem. They should have removed the '03 Mavs and put in the '11 Mavs at that point. I now understand why all the prerelease material has been quiet on classic teams this year.

No new classic teams and removing Nash is so lovely. Good thing they added a few all time college teams as paid DLC. I was expecting at least a classic Kobe/Gasol team added. So lame.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Sep 16, 2016

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dexo posted:

To be fair if someone doesn't want to be in the game they kinda can't put them in the game once they retire.

I get that. If you can't get extremely important players for the team that get people hyped to play as that team, remove the whole team and add a different classic team with players that you can get the rights for. Who wants to play as a 7 seconds or less Suns team without Nash? I should have realized it was strange they weren't hyping up new classic teams prior to release like in previous years. It's crazy that they sell a $100 edition of the game with #24 Kobe on the cover and there isn't even a classic team with #24 Kobe in the game.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Sep 16, 2016

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

the_american_dream posted:

You fuckers couldve told me spamming post moves was how to beat historic domination :mad:

Waiting for the first sale to buy this year's version but if that's true, play as a Wilt team and go wild.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I saw a tweet that Nash is getting added to classic teams. Might be picking this up sooner than later now. What plays the most different compared to 16?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

The substitution menus are awful in this game. Please go back to list style for next game.

Edit: Shaq is unstoppable in this game.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Nov 15, 2016

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I really hope 2k18 has a Nintendo Switch version. If I could play MyLeague mode on the go, I might never need another portable game.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I know it's early to get hyped for 2k18 but I really can't wait to play it on a Switch. MyLeague mode on the go is going to take up too much of my time. I wish subbing would go back to being done the same as in earlier versions like 2k9.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

zelah posted:

I didn't even think about this. I've spent countless hours simming seasons only to start over once I won a few championships or players I liked retired. I would love to be able to waste that time on the go

That mode on the go is half of why I plan on buying a Switch. the other half is because I love Nintendo games

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Glumslinger, if you are ever in a room where they are discussing classic teams please push hard for the 2011 Mavs. (or as many past champions as possible.) I love running myLeague mode leagues with as lots of past champions. Also, if possible please try to pass around the idea to give users the option to dump players from Teams/Classic Teams not picked for myLeague into the free agent pool. Good luck with 2k18, I'm excited for it.

Edit: anyone else that plays myLeague/myGM mode ever encounter benchwarmers that haven't been signed for 10 or more years play one last season with your team? (then retire right after that)

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Empress Brosephine posted:

I asked in the PS4 thread but does this year or any of the past few years have classi 90s teams and presentation modes? I think NBA 2k7 had it and that was the last one I played but I really want to play as a late 90s hornets team thanks

This does have classic teams in it but doesn't have the classic presentation that was in the game a few years ago. Here is a list of classic teams. (Some teams might be missing players, if you want to check the rosters they can be found via google.)
1964-65 Boston Celtics
1964-65 Los Angeles Lakers
1970-71 Milwaukee Bucks
1970-71 Los Angeles Lakers
1970-71 Atlanta Hawks
1971-72 Los Angeles Lakers
1971-72 New York Knicks
1976-77 Philadelphia 76ers
1984-85 Milwaukee Bucks
1985-86 Chicago Bulls
1985-86 Boston Celtics
1985-86 Atlanta Hawks
1986-87 Los Angeles Lakers
1988-98 Detroit Pistons
1988-89 Chicago Bulls
1989-90 Cleveland Cavaliers
1990-91 Chicago Bulls
1990-91 Los Angeles Lakers
1990-91 Portland Trail Blazers
1990-91 Golden State Warriors
1992-93 Chicago Bulls
1992-93 Charlotte Hornets
1993-94 Denver Nuggets
1993-94 Houston Rockets
1994-95 New York Knicks
1994-95 Orlando Magic
1995-96 Chicago Bulls
1995-96 Seattle Supersonics
1997-98 Chicago Bulls
1997-98 Los Angeles Lakers
1997-98 Utah Jazz
1997-98 San Antonio Spurs
1999-00 Toronto Raptors
1999-00 Portland Trail Blazers
2000-01 Philadelphia 76ers
2000-01 Los Angeles Lakers
2002-03 Dallas Mavericks
2003-04 Detroit Pistons
2003-04 Minnesota Timberwolves
2004-05 Phoenix Suns
2005-06 Miami Heat
2006-07 Cleveland Cavaliers
2007-08 Boston Celtics
2007-08 Houston Rockets
2012-13 Miami Heat
2016 U.S. Olympic team
2016 Australia Olympic team
1992 Dream Team (need to unlock/dlc I think?)

You can also buy DLC of a few college team's all time teams. Didn't appeal to me very much but if a school you like is there, it might be worth getting. (The college players are ranked with college skill in mind, so college DWill is in the 90s etc)

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I know there is no reason for it but I wish the next game would include a classic Bobcats team. Mainly so I could add another franchise to myLeague. ABA teams would be cool also but I imagine there is probably a good reason those haven't been added at this point. Does anyone else here sink most of their time playing into myLeague mode?

Anyone playing on PS4 (sadly not me) should check out this roster, it seems cool.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/brianm...y/#180363fe5f4d

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 18:42 on May 1, 2017

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

One thing I'd love to see that will never happen is being able to upload rosters to a 2k website so players could access rosters made on different platforms. I miss how many rosters and draft classes were made by fans for the 360 version. Really excited for 2k18 Switch.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Fat Samurai posted:

Oh, hey, there is a thread for this.

Is the game worth it if I haven't played the franchise in a couple of years and I'm mostly interested in offline and MyCareer stuff?

Yes. All I play in this series is exhibition games with friends on the couch or myGM/myLeague mode. There is enough gameplay for just offline modes where you probably won't get bored.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I'm really excited to play this game's gm mode for too many hours on the Switch. Hoping this one gets a few more cool classic teams. I wonder if the two way roster spots will be added or if they are going to wait until the next one.

At this point the game isn't missing much from being perfect, all I can think of is d-league in franchise mode, classic player challenges (like 2k12 w/ era appropriate presentation/rules), as many classic champion squads as possible, the return of Legends Showcase but not as dlc (one of the more underrated forgotten modes. Kind of shocked they didn't expand on this to make it more arcadey/have an arcade style mode), and if they really wanted to go crazy international tournaments. (but who is going to play as anyone other than Team USA, might as well just hope for USA Squads in Olympic years and leave it at that.) I'm glad this series still owns.

We are getting dangerously close to a 2k curse. The cover stars of 14, 15, and 17 switched teams within 2 years of being on the box.

What mode(s) does everyone play the most in this game? I almost exclusively play exhibition games when friends are over or myLeague mode.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Jul 20, 2017

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Finding good rosters will be a little easier this year.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/brianm...t/#27ce41a313b0
This version is looking more exciting.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

All I want out of EA is another NBA Jam that is as good as On Fire Edition.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

zelah posted:

At least the harassment campaign against the 2ktv seems to have ended.

2ktv harassment campaign?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

zelah posted:

Any time the woman would post anything or would be posted by 2k there was a lot of grossness that seems to have stemmed from a youtuber

Creepy internet males are the worst.

• Locked thread