Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Mantis
Jul 19, 2004

what is yall sayin?

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

You could try reading her policy. Either this type of accident is excluded or it isn't. If it is, there's your answer. If it isn't, call them out with the specific sections of exclusions, tell them it's not there, and threaten to sue. If they don't budge you do a cost/benefit of filing a small claims case and either you file or you don't.

Or I guess you could just have a meltdown thread about calling your wife a dumbass in a dead comedy forum.

ahem

dead gay comedy forum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

sheri posted:

Read your policy. It probably says something along the lines of if you hit a car owned by a member of your immediate family the damage isn't covered under the liability coverage of the hitter. It's a pretty standard exclusion on a policy.

So I loving find out. I mean this really isn't a fringe case I bet, but gently caress if I'm reading 48 pages of legalese every quarter.

She's gotta eat it and I'm making up the diff.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

You could try reading her policy. Either this type of accident is excluded or it isn't. If it is, there's your answer. If it isn't, call them out with the specific sections of exclusions, tell them it's not there, and threaten to sue. If they don't budge you do a cost/benefit of filing a small claims case and either you file or you don't.

Or I guess you could just have a meltdown thread about calling your wife a dumbass in a dead comedy forum.

Ha thanks man I'm melting over here

It was actually a series of passages that defined family, liability, and some other poo poo that wer not in a nice neat paragraph. The pres of my agency sent a highlighted version of the various pages, then said sorry man.

I wonder how many people hit family members cars. A lot I'd guess since their always in the same driveway. Completely accident, not like fraud poo poo. But I guess a lot of fraud too, so good guy (woman) gets poo poo on.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Darth123123 posted:

Ha thanks man I'm melting over here

It was actually a series of passages that defined family, liability, and some other poo poo that wer not in a nice neat paragraph. The pres of my agency sent a highlighted version of the various pages, then said sorry man.

I wonder how many people hit family members cars. A lot I'd guess since their always in the same driveway. Completely accident, not like fraud poo poo. But I guess a lot of fraud too, so good guy (woman) gets poo poo on.

Yeah so from the insurance company's standpoint:

Darth123123 posted:

Not my wreck, not my policy nor my prob. ??

You can threaten to sue them, and if that doesn't work you can actually sue them in small claims court or you can go pound sand.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
my wife rear-ended someone at a roundabout a few days ago at like 2 mph, scratched the other cars bumper, I gave no shits whatsoever - we have good insurance, and she was driving my car that already looks like poo poo. Called insurance, sorted it out in 45 min giving them the other driver's information and the problem is done and over with.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
is your wife hot? post a picture of her so I can give you an answer to your car question

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Nooner posted:

is your wife hot? post a picture of her so I can give you an answer to your car question

She's a dumb rear end so of course she's hot, right?

devmd01 posted:

my wife rear-ended someone at a roundabout a few days ago at like 2 mph, scratched the other cars bumper, I gave no shits whatsoever - we have good insurance, and she was driving my car that already looks like poo poo. Called insurance, sorted it out in 45 min giving them the other driver's information and the problem is done and over with.

:shrug: this is nothing similar whatsoever but good job heavily insuring a beater? But is your wife hot?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Post pics of ur hot wife dude :q:

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

Nooner posted:

Post pics of ur hot wife dude :q:

i freaking love gbs stuff like this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU