Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
We even have the better mod too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I have never played Super Smash Bros, but I have played several of the games of the characters in this game.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Asiina posted:

I looked at the other thread and am happy to report it's already a shitshow.

Hey, do you still have me on ignore? Cause it's kind of hard to play with you that way.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, I probably shouldn't be put in combat.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

busb posted:

Ok let's hang this duder for cowardice

I am not a coward! My abilities just aren't combat oriented.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Asiina posted:

Tentatively no.

Ok cool. I'll try not to be a giant rear end, but I make no promises.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I just got one thing to say:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I think bowmore is having a stroke!

bowmore, do you smell toast?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Absurd Revolver posted:

I see bowmore kept up the guard while I slept.

I also see that they're already working on a PBS lynch in the other thread. Speaking of, does anyone have any suspicions yet of traitors?

I've got nothing yet, but this thread has been pretty relaxed and it's still pretty early.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So the only two people who haven't checked in yet are iajanus and MMT.

Also, this thread is so chill that we haven't even had a joke vote yet.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

BottleKnight posted:

Unfortunately I think they're getting some good content out of PBS's hilarious vig. Whether or not to lynch her is a good question. But just because they got immediately hoisted out of jokephase doesn't mean we should have thread envy.

I agree with this post. I don't really like the trend that's been happening where games immediately get jerked out of jokephase. Don't get me wrong, I don't think all of D1 should be a jokephase, but I also don't think all of D1 should be serious either.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Absurd Revolver posted:

Hence why I don't want to say anything myself, after the catapult incident.

I choose to believe that you 'cleared' Inf as a way to ensure that the other thread had to deal with him for the longest possible time.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Chic Trombone posted:

yeah that's gonna get annoying really quick, ecco

:agreed:

I'll be watching a movie for the next couple of hours. Hell or High Water.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Murmur Twin posted:

##vote TMM :arghfist::j:

Just to warn people in advance, I'm working this whole weekend and I'm not really going to be able to delve into the game until Monday.

I probably shouldn't be put in combat.

What? How dare you vote for me! And while I was watching a movie to boot!

Prepare yourself for the OMGUS! ##vote MMT

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Absurd Revolver posted:

Wake up, soldiers!

Just because blue is in disarray, doesn't mean we should sit and laze around.

We need to find traitors. My trusted advisor has let me know to suspect two people in particular, who I will not name in hopes of not alerting them to their scumminess.

However this means that you all could be doing more to scum hunt! I want cases, people, even if they're weak. If I can re-read over and over, so can you.

Alright, for a serious case, I don't really like Ecco's posting. While it isn't impossible to read, the style just makes my eyes want to glaze over it. I don't really think gimmick posting is very helpful past jokephase, so I hope Ecco doesn't plan on doing it for the full game.

Also, this post doesn't sit right with me because MMT is responding to my post about how there are no joke votes with a vote that I think is obviously a joke vote, so I don't know why Ecco feels the need to try and clarify it.

EccoRaven posted:

mwahahahahahahahahahaha

is this a serious vote? are you making an actual vote against him or are you voting because you are making a joke in this the joking phase of the game??

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

BottleKnight posted:

You were watching a movie instead of watching my team whoop you in the preseason? Sus as hell imo

Why would I watch preseason Bears football when I could be (and am now) watching regular season Cubs baseball instead?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

Alright, for a serious case, I don't really like Ecco's posting. While it isn't impossible to read, the style just makes my eyes want to glaze over it. I don't really think gimmick posting is very helpful past jokephase, so I hope Ecco doesn't plan on doing it for the full game.

Also, this post doesn't sit right with me because MMT is responding to my post about how there are no joke votes with a vote that I think is obviously a joke vote, so I don't know why Ecco feels the need to try and clarify it.

Oh and just to try and head this off at the pass: I don't think this is really enough to drop a serious vote, but it is enough to bring up for discussion.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Chic Trombone posted:

it's kinda hard to have anything more than a gut call rn AR

like i have vibes about imgay bc he's been quieter than i remember, but that's about all i've got at this point :shrug:

Chic, how is imgay being quieter than you remember when he has more posts than you? Also, why must you use the scummiest emote? It's very triggering!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tommunist posted:

I also wish ecco wouldnt do it, but i doubt its gonna change so no point to keep talking about it.

Why shouldn't we talk about it? If multiple people bring up the fact that they don't like the way she is posting, don't you think Ecco should think about changing the style?

If she's town and the way she's posting is annoying people then her message is going to get lost because people are just going to skip right over her posts.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
And finally, just for a trip report: Hell or High Water was a pretty good movie. Good performances by everyone and a good little story.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Chic Trombone posted:

I like the shruggy emote! Also more posts than me =/= as many posts as I remember him having when I used to play more frequently

Ehh, fair enough. You haven't been playing as much lately but he generally hasn't been posting as much as when I first started playing. I think I'd be more worried about him if was quieter right now because he's been really lurky as scum lately.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Chic Trombone posted:

like i think he's been being quiet for imgay and don't really see what my post count has to do with that metric??

Yeah, I probably shouldn't have brought up your own posting because I know you tend to be towards the bottom of the post count regardless of your alignment.

Sometimes I just see that whole 'he/she is being quiet!' argument and automatically look at post counts to compare.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, Podima, you have no idea how hard it is to not respond to this post in the sign up thread:

Podima posted:

:siren: PLAYERS: DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD AGAIN UNTIL THE GAME CONCLUDES :siren:

with:

Okay!

(it's a Simpsons joke)

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

mwahahhaa, TMMadman has revealed his true intentions!! his posting is fake, that is, it is not real, that is, it is constructed to sound real but upon closer examination, which I have conducted, I can say that it is not real, that is, it is fake!!

this post is a fake post, and I, mecco ravo, have discovered it! for one thing TMM says that he wants to vote me because of my manner of speaking, that is the way in which I am speaking offends him, however he does so while saying that he can still understand what I, mecco ravo, am saying! it would be one thing if I am speaking in such a way as to obfuscate my meaning, that is to say, that I am being unclear or hidden about my words and intentions, for that would be the kind of thing that scum would do, since scum have to hide their thoughts or else fake new ones because scum are fakers and liars. but if he does not like the way I talk and has that be a basis for his suspicion then he is saying I should be voted for despite being clear in my speech and intentions and that is bad because it is an attempt to remove a powerful town player from the game, which I, mecco ravo, am most certainly am!

he also presents MMT's vote on him in a false light, that is he talks about it in a way that is not reflective in reality! MMT voted him for saying he wished the jokevote phase to last longer, that is, TMM said he wished that we would take mafia less seriously and joke around longer, which is a bad opinion in the first place because mafia would prefer their games to be less serious since they can hide better since they will not be expected to produce content which as I said earlier is difficult for scum because they have to fake all their content. MMT then voted for TMM based on that reason and yet TMM presents MMT's vote as a response to TMM saying there have been no jokevotes yet when in reality she did no such thing, and that is evident from clicking her post and reading the quoted reason why she voted!!

mwahahahahahaha.

furthermore I believe it was scummy of TMM to announce that he would be leaving for an afternoon to watch a movie, that is I believe that it was behavior scum would have been more likely to do than town because town would not feel the need to explain why they weren't posting for a few hours on a Saturday afternoon but scum would feel the need because scum are inherently insecure because scum are faking everything and so an insecure person would provide reasons for why they are gone while a secure person would not have especially considering it is a Saturday and it would be only for a few hours which ordinarily people would be enjoying their weekend outside rather than sitting in front of a computer screen playing a mafia game and so it would not be surprising for anyone let alone TMM to disappear for a short time over a weekend and so it was unnecessary for him to announce he would be gone and I, mecco ravo, believe that is a sign that he is faking content!!!!

and so without further ado and without any greater delay than that which is necessary because our time is very finite and this post has already gone on for longer than most would expect during a day 1 post and I understand my readers of whom there are many dozens of loyal and dedicated followers have very busy lives and would prefer I get to the point quickly:

##vote tmm

You seem awfully worried about someone bringing up your posting style. Do you really expect anyone to read all that and make sense of it?

You call my posting fake, but yours is much faker and designed to be hard to read.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

*Cries in the corner about scummy emotes*

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

tithin posted:

Morning am.

Can someone tell me if EccoRaven is on a pr or something?

It's a self administered PR.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

mwahahhaa another fake response from the TMSadman!!! my posts may be longer than yours but they are only harder to read because they are longer not because my meaning is hidden or unclear because my meaning is very clear indeed that is to say I do not think anyone can reasonably read my posts and say that they are uncertain what I mean in them! And now you are avoiding responding to my actual case against you probably because the case is so air-tight and so you are focusing entirely on the tone and length of my posts rather than the words in them, that is to say you are focusing on the amount of the words rather than the words themselves, which is a thing that scum would be more likely to do than town!!!

I'm not responding to it because it's complete garbage.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

IT IS NOT GARBAGE, HOW DARE YOU CALL IT GARBAGE!! I, Mooooocco Ravo, will not stand for you to call it garbage when it is anything but garbage! garbage is smelly and sticky and can easily be discarded, but my case against you can-NOT be easily discarded for it touches on your behavior this game and explains why that behavior is more likely to be from scum than town!

the case summarized below with shorter bullet points that are easier to read for people whose time is too precious to fully appreciate the broader points that I discussed above in ways that were again very clear to anyone who bothered to read them!

- you continually attack the way I speak this game over the substance despite repeatedly saying that it is very clear what I am saying!!

- you falsely presented MMT's vote on you, which you then used that false light to case aspersions against me, Mocco Ravo, the best scumhunter in the game! this is bad because it is scummy because it is something scum would be more likely to do than town because scum must fake all their content!

- you announced you would be leaving the thread for a few hours on a Saturday afternoon, which was not necessary and in truth was quite awkward since a secure town player would not feel the need to make such an excuse but an insecure scum would!

This is completely bullshit. I have never said it's very clear what you are saying. I said it wasn't impossible to read, just difficult. So you are completely mis-characterizing that point.

I think MMTs vote was obviously a joke. You are free to disagree if you so choose, but the whole :arghfist::j: kind of gives it away as a joke.

Announcing that in the thread isn't scummy. I was bored and sharing my day with the thread just before the previews were about to start.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

BottleKnight posted:

Ooh, that's a good point. I'll have to reread him.

I don't think it's a good point at all. Both town and scum often announce when they won't be posting, even if it's just for a couple hours.

It was less about me announcing that I was going to be gone for a couple hours than it was to see if anyone would say something about Hell or High Water while I was watching it.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Birdstrike posted:

TMM watching a movie is a pretty poor basis for voting him

But you're voting me? :confused:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Uh oh, I think birbs been infected by gaspy!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

he did not, unless you are referring to him disliking the style of my posting entirely, which my original case said is illegitimate because the style of my posting is not scummy and cannot be unless it is being used to hide or obscure my meanings and that is not happening since by TMM's own repeated admission my meanings and intentions are very clear.

I'd like you to quote the posts where I've said your meanings and intentions are clear.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

you have continually, that is repeatedly, that is have multiple times over a period of hours, said that you dislike the style of my posts rather than the substance, and that as I have said, again repeatedly, is scummy.

Except that's not what you've been saying, so try again. Here is what you said, I've bolded the important part:

EccoRaven posted:

he did not, unless you are referring to him disliking the style of my posting entirely, which my original case said is illegitimate because the style of my posting is not scummy and cannot be unless it is being used to hide or obscure my meanings and that is not happening since by TMM's own repeated admission my meanings and intentions are very clear.

So, do you want to try actually posting the several times I've stated that your meanings and intentions are clear?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

it is called inference. you are correct in that I overstated how you felt about my posting, however many others said that my posting was clear to them, including our Dear Leader, and so I thought your assessment of my posting was as well. that was a mistake on my part and I humbly apologize, that is I would be humbly apologizing if it meant my case against you was significantly weaker as a result of my mistake. my case however remains strong because you explicitly saying my posts are clear is NOT the thrust of my case against you, the point is you were attacking me exclusively for the style of my posts, that is for their length, rather than explaining why those posts were actually bad, that is incorrect and also fake. that to me was a very fake opinion. yes my posts are longer than most because I am explaining my thoughts more fully and giving them the time to develop in ways that most players do not, but there is no way you can actually say my intentions within my posts are not clear.

You know, except for the fact that I did explain why the style is bad:

TMMadman posted:

Why shouldn't we talk about it? If multiple people bring up the fact that they don't like the way she is posting, don't you think Ecco should think about changing the style?

If she's town and the way she's posting is annoying people then her message is going to get lost because people are just going to skip right over her posts.

While it's not impossible to read, I find the style distracting and several others have voiced the same opinion. People are going to skip over posts they have trouble reading and that means your message is going to get lost in the shuffle.

So do you want to backtrack some more?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

it is called inference. you are correct in that I overstated how you felt about my posting, however many others said that my posting was clear to them, including our Dear Leader, and so I thought your assessment of my posting was as well. that was a mistake on my part and I humbly apologize, that is I would be humbly apologizing if it meant my case against you was significantly weaker as a result of my mistake. my case however remains strong because you explicitly saying my posts are clear is NOT the thrust of my case against you, the point is you were attacking me exclusively for the style of my posts,that is for their length, rather than explaining why those posts were actually bad, that is incorrect and also fake. that to me was a very fake opinion. yes my posts are longer than most because I am explaining my thoughts more fully and giving them the time to develop in ways that most players do not, but there is no way you can actually say my intentions within my posts are not clear.

Also, to the bolded part here is the summary of your case:

EccoRaven posted:

IT IS NOT GARBAGE, HOW DARE YOU CALL IT GARBAGE!! I, Mooooocco Ravo, will not stand for you to call it garbage when it is anything but garbage! garbage is smelly and sticky and can easily be discarded, but my case against you can-NOT be easily discarded for it touches on your behavior this game and explains why that behavior is more likely to be from scum than town!

the case summarized below with shorter bullet points that are easier to read for people whose time is too precious to fully appreciate the broader points that I discussed above in ways that were again very clear to anyone who bothered to read them!

- you continually attack the way I speak this game over the substance despite repeatedly saying that it is very clear what I am saying!!

- you falsely presented MMT's vote on you, which you then used that false light to case aspersions against me, Mocco Ravo, the best scumhunter in the game! this is bad because it is scummy because it is something scum would be more likely to do than town because scum must fake all their content!

- you announced you would be leaving the thread for a few hours on a Saturday afternoon, which was not necessary and in truth was quite awkward since a secure town player would not feel the need to make such an excuse but an insecure scum would!

The very first point of your summary is that I've repeatedly said that it's very clear what you're saying.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

if people skip over my posts because they do not want to read posts then that is on them, it is not my job to spoonfeed the lazy and intellectual disinterested except insofar as I wish people to read my cases and to vote with them, but I have made the judgment that players who are unwilling to read my very clear posts simply because they are longer and explain my thoughts more fully are unlikely to be interested in playing mafia at all and so they are not the audience to whom I am trying to appeal but rather to those who wish to actually win the game by hunting for mafia and removing them from the game that is to say the town!

furthermore if players believe I am scum simply for posting in this fashion then they are making an unreasonable stance, which again is my point against you, TMMadman, known scum!

You know, except for the fact that you've repeatedly told me in other places that it's my job to be persuasive and get people to agree with my cases. So if people are skipping over your posts, how exactly can you be persuasive enough to get people to agree with your cases?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

and I have already conceded that that point was incorrect, that is it was based on a mistaken remembrance of what you actually said, but again it is not the thrust of my case against you. my point is you have continually chosen to attack the style of my posts in lieu of their content which as I have already said at length is scummy.

But I've been responding to each and every point you've made so far. So do you want to keep banging your head against this wall?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
At this point, Ecco has talked more about her style than me. I've addressed every single one of her points in the summary of her case, but she continues to say that all I'm doing is attacking her style of posting.

So I'm pretty much done engaging with her right now. She's dead wrong about me, but just wants to tunnel in on it.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, I can't honestly tell if Ecco is scum or town right now. I do know she likes to push me when she's scum, but I just can't tell if that's what is happening here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Asiina, do I have to be suspicious of you for agreeing with me now? :v:

• Locked thread