Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which country won WW1?
The United States
USA
America
View Results

Savage For The Winjun
Jun 27, 2008

gentlemen, there is only one gun you need, the greeks know him as apollo, but in battlefield 1 he is called mars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Savage For The Winjun
Jun 27, 2008

I wish more people would find support guns they didn't hate, its nice that theres so many medics to revive now but it doesn't matter when I never have any ammo

And if another guy gets on a horse and just gallops off before hitting 3 and 4 again I'm gonna lose it!!!!!!!

Savage For The Winjun
Jun 27, 2008

Parkingtigers posted:

OMFG the pilot's war story is one of the greatest things I have ever played. It is loving epic. I actually made an exclamation of joy at one point flying towards the two zeppelins and then HOLY gently caress PLANES EVERYWHERE like in Return of the Jedi and I STRONGLY recommend you go into this mission unspoiled as that one moment that just blew my mind and I was yelling at the screen. Brilliant, brilliant final line of dialogue too. But for real, I was just hoping for a good campaign, I wasn't expecting one of the greatest singleplayer shooters ever. That final air battle is just... oh Jesus I was almost crying with happiness. It looks amazing, there's so much going on, planes sploding all over, there's some brilliant character work, and a whole bunch of surprises. It's all a cheesy old Biggles style romp but with a nice twist.

I'm old dudes. I used to buy shooters for the singleplayer campaigns, because in my day they often only had singleplayer campaigns anyway. And I'm telling you, this is the real deal. And a couple of hours per character is perfect, you get self-contained war movies that don't need to shoehorn a character into a bunch of ill-fitting situations because they separate them out into appropriate little vignettes.

Also, this game NEEDS an air-only combat mode, like Battlefront's Fighter Squadron.

But really, don't skip the campaign, there is gold here.

let ur old grandpa tell u about the time he was a loving badass and killed half of the men in austria to find his brother, i cant speak english so good but i sure can wear a goddamn suit of armor and hold a machine gun

Savage For The Winjun
Jun 27, 2008

havent stopped playing this game since it came out, do any goons actually squad up in this game or do people just post about their sweet michael bay's great-grandpa experiences

Savage For The Winjun
Jun 27, 2008

okay where do goons congregate in this game? i wanna maximize my fun

Savage For The Winjun
Jun 27, 2008

I tried joining a mumble that i read had battlefielders on it but the battlefield channel is locked or something what gives with that

Savage For The Winjun
Jun 27, 2008

Booyah- posted:

Is the Russian 1895 one the same as the Cavalry spawns with?

the 1895 infantry will 2 shot at long ranges but the cavalry takes 3.

Savage For The Winjun
Jun 27, 2008

beat the savage turks down on oil of empires 40 man without losing a single battalion through all 3 maps

Savage For The Winjun
Jun 27, 2008

guns for tits posted:

According to Wikipedia, the Cei-Rigotti has triple the rate of fire of the in-game version.

Link: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cei-Rigotti

and i can fire my winchester as fast if not faster than the "trench" version that has massive damage dropoff

it aint a simulator :(

Savage For The Winjun
Jun 27, 2008

bf1 singleplayer owns

p good tank story

i crashed my biplane on a blimp and blew it up im like nathan drakes great grandpa or something

italian terminator

great great grandpa steve irwin

a LADY protaganist

Savage For The Winjun
Jun 27, 2008

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

I feel like this is heresy, but I usually don't play with a bayonet attatched exclusively for ~*~fashion~*~ reasons. I hardly every get a successful charge and I think they look dumb, so I just stopped using them. I do want to get the sweet Bedouin dagger though.

I got a couple skins for the Gewehr and I want to unlock something I can use medium-long range with. I prefer something without a scope but with decent range, are any of the infantry/carbine guns like that? I'd like to play scout more like a marksman than a sniper, IE good decent-long range bolt-action rifles, but not sitting alone at the edge of a map waiting for people to run into the open.

gewehr m95 infantry or russian 1895 infantry

Savage For The Winjun
Jun 27, 2008

thanks dice for ruining the russian 1895 :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Savage For The Winjun
Jun 27, 2008

or just get over the bomber and drop your trench darts for an easy instant kill