Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
clam the FUCK down
Dec 20, 2013

What should I track on amazon?
http://camelcamelcamel.com/

What are good things to buy for longterm investments? Things that will be helpful and save money in the long run. Last example of something like this I purchased was a good safety razor or my cast iron skillet.

Where do you get your financial advice and how do you make more money? Do you have any bad investment stories and lessons you have learned from them?

WARNING: Do not post if you do not have money. You don't have to have a lot of money, but more than like a buck or two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i don't think you have money, op. dick-sucking doesn't pay that well in today's economy.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
If you have money why don't you just buy things now instead of waiting for prices to fluctuate 20 cents

clam the FUCK down
Dec 20, 2013

Aralan posted:

If you have money why don't you just buy things now instead of waiting for prices to fluctuate 20 cents

Because then I make money on spending money. Those 20 cents add, then I can buy something else AND make 20 cents again. Repeat this for money forever.

You're welcome, fellow money haver.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i have :10bux:

Kosher Pickup Line
Jan 10, 2008

Hair Elf
Charazard Pokémon cats

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

William Stoner posted:

What should I track on amazon?
http://camelcamelcamel.com/

What are good things to buy for longterm investments? Things that will be helpful and save money in the long run. Last example of something like this I purchased was a good safety razor or my cast iron skillet.

Where do you get your financial advice and how do you make more money? Do you have any bad investment stories and lessons you have learned from them?

WARNING: Do not post if you do not have money. You don't have to have a lot of money, but more than like a buck or two.

I genuinely think posting on a comedy forum asking for investment advice offers no humor to anyone at all

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Ask people with money how to save money, good idea.

"Uh, just buy the best thing and if you dont' know what the best thing is buy the second most expensive thing" -- advice of a person who has money

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I got bout 4-5 bucks on me, that work op?

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

It's 2016 if you carry any amount of cash on you you're officially a poor person

clam the FUCK down
Dec 20, 2013

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Yeah, you could probably buy something with that.

Who says having money and investing in smart buys isn't hilarious. I think it's hysterical.

Business Octopus
Jun 27, 2005

Me IRL

Aralan posted:

It's 2016 if you carry any amount of cash on you you're officially a poor person

Lol ok just try buying an eight ball with Amex. Cmon son

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

extra stout posted:

I genuinely think posting on a comedy forum asking for investment advice offers no humor to anyone at all

Speak for yourself

clam the FUCK down
Dec 20, 2013

Business Octopus posted:

I refuse to shop at places that don't take my cherished Amex.

clam the FUCK down
Dec 20, 2013

Gimbal lock posted:

Speak the truth

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
what to track on camelcamelcamel is a poor person question
waiting weeks and months for a 1-time purchase of something you want right now just to save $4 isnt in the same category as researching where you should invest your money

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
Mint condition sealed Starwars action figures: SELL
Beanie Babies: BUY BUY BUY!

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
collectibles as an investment are about on the same level as bitcoin
hmmm what was my bill? oh ok this R2D2 should cover it

clam the FUCK down
Dec 20, 2013

gary oldmans diary posted:

what to track on camelcamelcamel is a poor person question
waiting weeks and months for a 1-time purchase of something you want right now just to save $4 isnt in the same category as researching where you should invest your money

Right. Because I didn't make $6k the last time I stockpiled baby formula and resold it when US birthrates increased.

Buy low. Sell to the desperate.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

William Stoner posted:

Right. Because I didn't make $6k the last time I stockpiled baby formula and resold it when US birthrates increased.

Buy low. Sell to the desperate.
thats right you didnt
your posts are pretend and stupid poor person fantasy
that as an investment would be retarded when there are simpler ways to make better roi over a span of time that large

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
I don't have money but I have credit card debt from buying stupid poo poo. AMA

clam the FUCK down
Dec 20, 2013

gary oldmans diary posted:

thats right you didnt
your posts are pretend and stupid
that as an investment would be retarded when there are simpler ways to make better roi over a span of time that large

my hope in posting this was to get out of the baby product market so if you have better roi suggestions please tell

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Business Octopus posted:

Just lol if you're so poor you have to deal with the dealers, jfc it's like people can't read the thread title

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i have my butlers butler post for me

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
OP thinks he's hot snot on a silver platter but he's just a cold booger on a paper plate

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Give me some money.

Gamer With Dignity
May 15, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I don't have money. Can someone give me some so this can continue to be a post for people with money?

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

I just got my the gree from Trump U I should be able to post again in 2-3 weeks.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

And HEAVILY.

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

Chief McHeath posted:

And HEAVILY.

Bigly.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

I think your best bet would be a camel. There's nowhere to go but up!

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
I have money and stick it all in mutual fund VTSAX. You should do the same. God bless you.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

bloodysabbath posted:

I have money and stick it all in mutual fund VTSAX. You should do the same. God bless you.

this is good advice

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
you should buy anything that theyd put on a ceramic plate

clam the FUCK down
Dec 20, 2013

Regrettable posted:

This is an interesting investment opportunity, but I will need more details. Could you suggest a breed to look into?

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I had several Marvel Comics Omnibus's or HC's that are now worth HUNDREDS, like Inferno, Iron Man Omnibus's, and those Punisher Max HC's. I've got a bunch of other HC's but they aren't worth 3-4 times what I paid for them like the one's mentioned. :shrug:

clam the FUCK down
Dec 20, 2013

Regrettable posted:

Luke 18:25

“For it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.”

The bible agrees with you?

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
Money doesn't even exist anymore. These companies will give you free money. Get in while the getting's good.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i love hearing rich fuckers try to wordplay around that phrase

"uh it means needle like small gate in a city wall and you know the camel just has to like squeeze through"

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clam the FUCK down
Dec 20, 2013

Moridin920 posted:

i love hearing rich fuckers try to wordplay around that phrase

"uh it means needle like small gate in a city wall and you know the camel just has to like squeeze through"

lmao

This is giving me a great business idea.

Any goon architects able to draft up plans for a scaled up needle with an eye roughly the size of a van?
I'll put down 1/5 on the camel, and with some research they cost maybe $10k for a healthy one. Anyone in for investing?
I'll also need a call list for a few thousand wealthy evangelicals in the U.S. -- shouldn't be hard.

• Locked thread