Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!
Listen, I know that sounds crazy.

I used to buy CDs way back in the day. Then when piracy came around I of course got deep into that. As I got a bit older, and had more money than time, I moved into buying files from iTunes. Hella convenient, despite the lovely audio quality.

Then came streaming. That's what I've done pretty much exclusively the past couple years. I've come to realize though that with streaming my collection has absolutely zero value. The concept of having a 'library' became secondary and I never allowed myself to spend any significant amount of time with any particular album. I would focus more on singles, playlists, and artist radios. Always moving on to the next thing. I've decided I don't like that.

I would move back to piracy but gently caress if I know where to get anything anymore, and if I'm going to buy music at this point better CDs than iTunes. . So CDs it is!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Im going back to cassette tapes

HereComesEverybody
Mar 2, 2007

a commodius vicus of recirculation back to Howth Castle and Environs.

Vinyl is a nice compromise because you still get that sense of building a meaningful collection of music you can curate and have that physical connection to, but you don't feel like a chump for buying CDs.

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

HereComesEverybody posted:

Vinyl is a nice compromise because you still get that sense of building a meaningful collection of music you can curate and have that physical connection to, but you don't feel like a chump for buying CDs.

I considered this but I have two children at home. A six month old and an almost four year old.

They would destroy my vinyl with no remorse.

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

E: Oops double posted.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I listen to music on something called a "radio"

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
OP i got a deal on CDs

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Smash it Smash hit posted:

OP i got a deal on CDs

C Ds NUTS!!!!!!!!

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Smashed b*tch

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

:grin:

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
8 track bitches

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

OP i got a deal on CDs

C Ds NUTS!!!!!!!!

:eyepop:

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord
I never stopped buying CDs. v:geno:v
The used CDs for older albums are actually cheaper than buying an mp3 album, and some mp3 services only offer 128 kbps files (which is loving bullshit ).

Nic Cage dick cage
Jun 23, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
I whistle and sometimes hum and one day hope to fart the descending 1 octave g major scale in Tchaikovsky's nutcracker pas de deux.
I hope my answer has helped you :)

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
Like anyone wants a bunch of old cds.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
good call, trashperson

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

ROFLburger posted:

good call, trashperson

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Certificates of Deposits, if you can get a good apy, are very sound investments Op.

Good for you.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

VendaGoat posted:

Certificates of Deposits, if you can get a good apy, are very sound investments Op.

Good for you.

AIn't nobody making good money on CDs!!

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

OctoberBlues posted:

AIn't nobody making good money on CDs!!

I agree, I feel the APY is too low to make it a sound money making investment. They are safe though.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
nathan jr is in the trash can

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
i bet CD stands for cock-dock

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

honestly you could probably save a lot of money by shoplifting

Adbot