Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Say Nothing posted:

Ronda Rousey inspired this soccer mom to try mma.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwz5H43ND5I&hd=1

How in the gently caress was this even allowed to take place?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
I have it on good authority that Ronda Rousey has herpes.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
"What kind of self-defense training do you have?"

"Track."

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

jonathan posted:

Was she a guy before or was he a girl before ?

Male to female transition. The problem many have with her fighting other women is that she still has the bone density of a man. Joe Rogan went on a big rant about it. I guess it gives her an unfair advantage.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
What a mess....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFDGWxEdf6Q

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

https://youtu.be/WQ1qNMw1o3s

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

That downward elbow completely neutralized that guy.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Mma mismatches...

https://youtu.be/NI7VH38xFlw

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

That was a lovely dive

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Cigstomper58 posted:

I mean there are a little under a billion asian men. And almost 30% are incapable of penetrative sex. It lowers the potential pool enormously

:confused:

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Shield Energy vs . Reality

https://youtu.be/04CA27140j4

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Roy Nelson certainly never dominated the heavyweight division, but I don't think I've ever seen a better chin.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Arian_Samurai posted:

I remember watching one where Cro Cop was the one who got kicked in the head. That was a real crazy turn of events.

https://youtu.be/3cdO0F7Gyag

Haha Cro Cop also broke his right leg because of the way he fell on it.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Ronda wasn't a fraud. Her Judo/ground game let her outclass every woman in the UFC by wide margins - mostly because their pool of talent was laughably shallow.

Her stand-up started to improve and she shocked everybody by knocking out Bethe Correia in 30 seconds. She threw her world class techniques out the window and rushed full stream ahead swinging for the fences. It worked.

Her very next fight was against Holly Holm, who is the most decorated female kickboxer the UFC had signed. Ronda tried to do the same poo poo she did against Correia, but it didn't work against Holm. And Holm completely embarrassed her.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

beep by grandpa posted:

^^ both of you guys neglected to mention the cool way in which she handled her only UFC loss after riding on a sea of fame, fortune, poo poo talk and movie deals for like 3 years

Haha well yeah... It was pretty clear she wanted to make the move to Hollywood. She even strongly hinted(or outright said?) that after she beat Holm she was going to leave fighting indefinitely.

I respected Ronda for her skills. I never thought she fought anyone with her same skill level, but as I said I think it was because they simply didn't have enough fighters to pick from. I don't mind her "me against the world" attitude. I don't care if she doesn't shake hands and all that. I thought it was silly that she tried waaayyyy too hard to sell beef with Holm. And it was obvious Holm got in her head before the fight. Seeing her get ko'd was deeply satisfying and it's god drat hilarious that she ragequit.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
http://i.imgur.com/vfmcsnF.gifv

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

"I dooo. I do let you bang."

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

BexGu posted:

How did Holm get in her head before the fight? I honestly don't remember that much of the lead up before the fight.

Ronda mostly just did her normal poo poo talking and mean mugging and got ZERO reaction from Holm. Holm just laughed it all off for the most part. Then Ronda got clowned on at the weigh-ins and looked like a bitch. That's never happened to her before.

Her ego was at it's peak, and I honestly think she was scared for the first time on top of it all. She probably didn't put in the amount of training she should have because of her acting and other distractions. I think she realised all this at the 11th hour.

vvvvvv

el B fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Sep 3, 2016

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

If I was a judge I'd give it to the guy who raised his hands

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

proof of concept posted:

that's called the fencing response and it means he probably got knocked out even harder than the other dude

Haha what a pussy

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

beep by grandpa posted:

i just watched every single video linked in the references section

https://youtu.be/HIoq68KKJ08

It's like he found god.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
God drat i just watched a bunch of videos about Fencing Response on YouTube. It's pretty fascinating. I didn't know it had know it had a name.

loving brutal stuff.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Call it sexist, but I was a huge proponent of women's mma. I didn't care to watch women try to beat each other up IN A MAN'S SPORT.. I was familiar with Rousey, Cyborg, Carano, Holm, because let's face it... Women mma had been building steam for a while. When it finally became a reality in UFC I was still pretty apathetic to it because I wasn't happy by the lack of finishes. I thought the women were more timid(noobish) and didn't have the "blood thirst" that men had. I came to realize it was pretty gay for me to have such prejudices.

I knew I had to ride out the growing pains of a new division. Everything has to start somewhere, and the fact that Ronda broke out the gate as the biggest thing to happen to women's fighting was unavoidable. She is the Ryoce Gracie of women's mma.

I feel like Joanna Jedrzejczyk is the real loving deal, and I hope she sets the standard for the next generation of women's mma. Let's be honest, they need a Jens Pulver/Matt Hughes/Tito Ortiz/Chuck Liddell/Mark Coleman.

Ronda did her job well.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Moridin920 posted:

Eh this is something that happens a lot with athletes though; you should see pro body builders during the off season they look like Cartman more often than not then they get all cut again for competitions.

The muscle is still there there's just a layer of fat over it now.

e: also lol at goatee man checking her rear end out

I'm pretty sure that's her head trainer. Or one of her trainers, at least.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Could I eat ice cream instead?!

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
I want Henderson to KO Bisping one more time, and retire with the belt. He'd be the greatest American hero of all time.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
I'm not surprised, motherfucker

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
would

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Zzulu posted:

Doctors found it difficult to tell because he was such a loving meathead before

no one knows for sure

Loool

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Blacktoll posted:

I could rewatch that fight over and over. Henderson hit him after he was clearly KO'd like a massive piece of poo poo and I loved it.

It was perfectly legit and perfectly perfect

:gizz:

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Zzulu posted:

Why are so many image links broken on the forums these days

wait i think i fixed it

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

proof of concept posted:

the best part is when he gives his fist a little smooch :allears:

The best part is that the gif is in slow motion, and Bisping's mouth piece still ejects from his face in the blink of an eye

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
haha the whole thing was predictably and laughably lame.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
He also kicked the guys trainer after the fight

http://i.imgur.com/vwOoUsi.gif

el B fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Sep 11, 2016

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

proof of concept posted:

you realize that wrestling is fake, right?

Yes, but New Jack legitimately assaulted an underaged kid at a wrestling show once.

Some 16 year old kid in attendance signed a waiver to get in the ring and job for the Original Gangsters(?). He lied about his age and then proceded to get the poo poo beat out of him, cut open scissors? A knife? And bled all over the place. The kid's dad filed assailant charges. I think New Jack had some kind of legal punishment, but I can't remember what.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

a retard posted:

new jack got away scot free because the fat kid (he was fat btw) pretty much schmoozed his way backstage and told everybody he was a wrestler but the promoters never bothered to check. (this was ecw so this is really likely) it almost cost ecw their pay per view deal

several years later the fat kid died during open heart surgery

also new jack stabbed another kid in a match like 17 times and actually went to jail for attempted murder. the kid dropped the charges because new jack told him he'd train him if he did, and then he promptly skipped town afterwards

Lol

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

evobatman posted:

She did manage to create a pretty good narrative for herself too by beating up Rondas clubmates in order to get a title shot with Ronda. She told Ronda not to kill herself if she lost, not knowing (or maybe knowing) that Rondas father killed himself. She also yelled "Don't cry" at Ronda during the weighins.

In the fight Ronda knocked her out in 30 seconds with strikes, making it the first UFC female knockout, and Ronda yelled "Don't cry" at her while walking away from her.

All in all one of the more interesting actual storylines in the UFC.

This was what caused Rondas ego to reach the tipping point. A long con orchestrated by Holms.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Travis Browne needs to ditch that bitch. I'm sure she's been all needy and negative and judgmental and just a big ol pissy pants.

He doesn't need to deal with her attention starved bullshit and trying to be a good boyfriend while training for a fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

proof of concept posted:

being a good boyfriend is not really high on the list of travis brown priorities, he's an even shittier person than she is

I bet Ronda hits him.

• Locked thread