Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

CJacobs posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LIcOFvWqjk

smh if you wouldn't become a superhero

sure you could do that but there's no way you'll earn what you'd be worth doing that or defend yourself from the media for not being able to stop time everywhere at once and collect little timmy's dog from a fire or whatever along with the 200 people you helped avoid drowning in a freak flood 2 miles away. they'll call you a puppy baker and your protests about not being literally god and having to prioritize will fall on deaf ears

petty theft -> a bit of gambling -> rigged short selling at least will let you hire the army of lawyers and PR flacks you'll need for that line of work to not have people get up your rear end in a top hat all the time for stupid poo poo like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

chaosbreather posted:

any of these time freezy power things necessarily come with infinite free energy. no matter which way its supposed to go down, if you can grab a bullet out of midair, you can generate enough power to create enough kugelblitzen to slingshot humanity into a type 3 civilisation and explore the stars forever as lord of the galaxy

but i guess being a perv is cool too?

this is actually a really loving good point and slingshotting humanity's tech development through free energy would be much more profitable and ultimately good than anything else you could do with the power. maybe not the most fun but i'll sign up for that as a day job anyway

• Locked thread