Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Man unemployment would own. I remember the year between graduation and getting my first job and I just got drunk every night and disc golfed every day, it was the bees knees.

Now I'm just angry all day long because I'm either working or stressed out about work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Hot Karl Marx posted:

i like having money to spend so i have to work

But what if, like, money didn't even exist>???

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Doghouse posted:

If you think about it, money doesn't really "exist", it's just an abstraction. Like when someone gets a paycheck, it's a direct deposit, which is just arbitrary data in a database. So uh

Well that's why we need to go back to the gold standard. :grin:

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I could make about 44% less money than I do right now and pretty much break even every month. Time to find a job that pays 44% less, has zero responsibility, and can let me live happily ever after. :unsmith:

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Moridin920 posted:

what about retirement

Well I suppose the government won't have anything for me, so I guess have children and hope they support me or kill myself?

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

jackyl posted:

lol that makes me laugh

some goon "nobody should have to work and we should all get paid enough to watch cartoons and buy fast food"

where the gently caress the goon thinks that comes from lol

Well obviously those people will have to work, but I won't! :grin:

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

A few weeks ago a college friend was in town and when I said I worked from home they were like "Oh, are you a writer?"

The thought that someone I went to school with and who knew me pretty well at the time thought I could be making my living as a writer made me feel both happy and sad. I'm thinking maybe I should just quit my job and start writing every day and just keep sending poo poo to people until it sticks!!

Then if I fail, we're back to the murdering billionaires/suicide.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

the great deceiver posted:

yeah that's the vibe i got. also she was convinced that i had been laid off from the school district despite me never having worked for any school district anywhere.

You don't remember working for the school district? You used to tell us all about it. :confused:

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

puppet pal mitch posted:

Lmao what could you possibly be doing that stresses you out so much your life sucks, but you do it from home? Unless it's incall prostitution no one is even there in person to yell at you when you gently caress up

Perhaps I'm a little bitch baby, did you even consider that?? :grin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

$400 a week would cover my rent and leave me with $25 extra at the end of the month, man, that would be living....

• Locked thread