Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
clam the FUCK down
Dec 20, 2013

https://www.dailyfx.com/forex/market_alert/2016/08/30/Yen-Little-Changed-as-Unemployment-Rate-Drops-to-a-21-Year-Low.html

What's so great about having low unemployment. Why would one want to be employed? It's much better to live and do what one wills when one wills.

This thread is all about how to live the high life and not work a lot because working isn't fun. Post ways you can get free stuff from the govt. Stories about getting that free stuff. ect."

clam the FUCK down fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Sep 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clam the FUCK down
Dec 20, 2013

clam the FUCK down
Dec 20, 2013

JiveHonky posted:

i wish i can be unemployed but still able to pay the mortgage on our stupidass condo. i would quit my job so fast it would helicopter your stinky weinerballs.

Sell the condo.

clam the FUCK down
Dec 20, 2013

Boomstick Quaid posted:

Freedom isn't free. You have three options: make the boss man money, sleep and die in the street, or make the boss man even more money in prison. If you're a rich bitch you get a fourth option and that's to be a globetrotting NEET.

All of God's children are rich.

clam the FUCK down
Dec 20, 2013

ddiddles posted:

Now i'm teaching myself web development and will probably move to Portland or something at the end of this year.

GOD DAMMIT PEOPLE STOP MOVING HERE

clam the FUCK down
Dec 20, 2013

Athropos posted:

Starving to death is pretty painful

It costs maybe $80/week for a reasonable food budget. Just ask your parents or someone one the street for it.

clam the FUCK down
Dec 20, 2013

OctoberBlues posted:

A few weeks ago a college friend was in town and when I said I worked from home they were like "Oh, are you a writer?"

The thought that someone I went to school with and who knew me pretty well at the time thought I could be making my living as a writer made me feel both happy and sad. I'm thinking maybe I should just quit my job and start writing every day and just keep sending poo poo to people until it sticks!!

Then if I fail, we're back to the murdering billionaires/suicide.

I started writing and building a portfolio while I've had time off from work. It's great! If you do some writing for professional / field stuff, you can send future employers your work as well, so even if you aren't being published it can really help in the future.

clam the FUCK down
Dec 20, 2013

I'm thinking of a career in the bustling industry of data science and human factors engineering

clam the FUCK down
Dec 20, 2013

Varg posted:

I collected unemployment a few years ago, before they ruined it I guess.. it was pretty great. To be approved you just had to work a total of about 6 months in a row and then you could leave that job and sign up for unemployment online. Then you just had to answer like 10 questions every other week online and claim you were looking for a job without actually having to show any proof.

What about for those who have never had a job and don't intend to have one, but have so far been living off of student loans left over after graduation?

clam the FUCK down
Dec 20, 2013

William Stoner posted:

What about for those who have never had a job and don't intend to have one, but have so far been living off of student loans left over after graduation?

Asking for a friend.

clam the FUCK down
Dec 20, 2013

8-Bit Scholar posted:

you do realize you'll have to pay those off right

lol not if someone doesn't give me a job.

clam the FUCK down
Dec 20, 2013

bongwizzard posted:

I went on unemployment once in MD. Called the number and the lady said she needed info for every employer I had for the past 5 years. I told her I was a freelance stagehand for most of that time and had literally hundreds of employers scattered over a half dozen states. After an hour on the phone with me she asked me to hold and when she came back said that they were just going to approve my claim without all the paperwork. I think I got something like $400ish a week? Sadly I actually sent out resumes and got a job like a week later, so I just bought an old revolver with the money.

This sounds great!

clam the FUCK down
Dec 20, 2013

The kind of stuff I could do with $400/w. I could probably buy a new tent and coffee pot!

clam the FUCK down
Dec 20, 2013

OctoberBlues posted:

$400 a week would cover my rent and leave me with $25 extra at the end of the month, man, that would be living....

Woah, you could save a lot from buying a tent there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clam the FUCK down
Dec 20, 2013

So far I plan to sign up for

'unemployment'
'food stamps'
'obamacare'

anything else?
Also, does the fact my parents make over 200k disqualify me at all? I'm mad at them at the moment so I'm not receiving any of it. I consider myself independently poor.

• Locked thread